Comments on "Rest in Pieces"

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 08:34 AM

Wonderful work on the Moira story! A lovely, touching piece, with the Moira's tragedies current and future used effectively as a frame without dragging the story down.  I find it hard to make Ano likeable within the framework of his character as established by Bioware, but you did it, and well.

Thank you. :) I like to think Anomen is more than just the lines they gave him.

I am aware that the story works because Moira's fate is known and unavoidable. That's the reason why I hesitate to continue, aside from the time factor.

Needs another proofreading, but then you knew that.

Hopefully my editor will have mercy on me. :D

Interesting contrast with the story above; as far as the end of the first scene, I though this was going to be a comedy piece.

I will put in a disclaimer saying it isn't. :)

Very well done.

Thank you, for reading and commenting :)

#22 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 02:35 PM

Now you just need to give us more of your work Beyshaliban. I won't repeat my comments since I stated them elsewhere, but I do like what you have done.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#23 Kirwond

Kirwond
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 05:23 PM

What a lovely, sweet story you've written around Moira. That last sentence just broke my heart, knowing what's in store for the poor girl. Great job, Bey! (And now I'm curious about this idea Theo's given you...) ^_^

#24 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 02:54 AM

Now you just need to give us more of your work Beyshaliban.  I won't repeat my comments since I stated them elsewhere, but I do like what you have done.

Thank you, Bri. :)

Especially since I know your take on Anomen. ;)

I wish I had more time to write.

#25 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 02:58 AM

What a lovely, sweet story you've written around Moira. That last sentence just broke my heart, knowing what's in store for the poor girl. Great job, Bey! (And now I'm curious about this idea Theo's given you...)  ^_^

Thank you, Kirwond! I admit I took full advantage of Moira's sad fate. I wish I could save her.

As to Theo's idea. He mentioned that Lord Cor should try and kill Anomen, he would end up dead eventually. This was the initial thought, from there on the idea grew and developped into a thread I'm working on. I'm writing it, but I don't know if I will post it.

#26 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:36 AM

Wow, Beyshaliban! I loved the stark contrast between the two pieces... Kelsey's fate was well deserved and damn near side-splitting... ( :lol: :lol: ) and Moira's piece was really, really sweet. Anomen, I thought, was portrayed really quite well. Great job! :)

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#27 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 11:05 AM

Wow, Beyshaliban! I loved the stark contrast between the two pieces... Kelsey's fate was well deserved and damn near side-splitting... ( :lol:  :lol: ) and Moira's piece was really, really sweet. Anomen, I thought, was portrayed really quite well. Great job!  :)

Well, Kelsey learned the hard and painful lesson that obsession can be quite dangerous. Unfortunately he will not be able to draw from that experience.

I had the impression that Anomen was quite fond of his sister, and I always had the wish to explore that a little. Maybe, I will explore it even more.

Thank you for reading and commenting! :D

#28 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:16 AM

About two weeks after the last post, I post my comments. :ph34r:

I'm usually not read the FanFic-forum, but today I had some time at work when nothing was going on, so I figured I'd read some fanfics.

This one actually gave me chills. If all fanfics are this good, I'll have to browse through this forum more often. Very well done, in other words. ;)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#29 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 05:15 AM

About two weeks after the last post, I post my comments. :ph34r:

I'm usually not read the FanFic-forum, but today I had some time at work when nothing was going on, so I figured I'd read some fanfics.

This one actually gave me chills. If all fanfics are this good, I'll have to browse through this forum more often. Very well done, in other words. ;)

Thank you, SConrad! :D I'm glad you enjoyed this.

And do drop by more often. You will find even better ones. ;)

Bey

#30 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 05:17 AM

I think I will... ;)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#31 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 07:35 AM

I think I will... ;)

I recommend "Finished Stories" or "Goose and Gander Pub" for starters. There you find links to either finished stories or stories recommended by the Fan Fiction audience. ;)

#32 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 07:36 AM

Thank you! :)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#33 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:01 PM

An excellent addition to your "Rest in Pieces," Bey.. You've captured the sweet essence between a brother and a sister that so admire each other. An innocence that is neatly and sweetly embedded between the words and lines that leave us with a warm feeling and a bittersweet taste in our mouth at the end knowing what is to come. I can only sadly *sigh*.

Wonderfully well done and I do hope you will expand it as you mentioned earlier. It was a pleasure to read and we will definitely look forward to more. ;)

MG

PS: Forgive my very inexcusable tardiness in getting my comment here? RL getting in the way again, as you well know.. ;)