Comments on "Back To His Senses"

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 22 April 2004 - 11:45 AM

I am glad you are expanding it. Heh, did I beat everyone to the Comment thread? Yahoo!

#2 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:01 PM

I am glad you are expanding it. Heh, did I beat everyone to the Comment thread? Yahoo!

That was quick! :D

I'm expanding with a vengance! :D

#3 Meira

Meira

I'm the snow on your lips

• 411 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:19 PM

BTHS EE?

I was going to bed but now I can't. ;)

-Meira
Ihmeellinen meri

Kummalliset kalat liukuvat syvyydessä,
tuntemattomat kukat loistavat rannalla;
olen nähnyt punaista ja keltaista ja kaikki toiset värit -
mutta ihana meri on vaarallista nähdä,
se herättää tulevien seikkailujen janon:
mitä on tapahtunut sadussa, on tapahtuva minullekin.

- Edith Södergran

Amber - The BG2 NPC Mod Project Now released!
Amber's discussion forum at Gibberlings 3

#4 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:24 PM

BTHS EE?

I was going to bed but now I can't.  ;)

-Meira

LOL

Well, Meira... I should warn you. Brace yourself! ;)

Bey

#5 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:40 PM

Let me just sneak in here to give lavish praise to one of my favorite BG2 fanfics. :D

So many had attempted to make me like the brooding ranger... but none truly managed to convince me and show the ocean of feelings and emotions behind the mask of stone that our dear Valygar wears. Until you came along and made me realise what a great character VMan really is and revealed the depth of his personality to all of us... thus, converting me to the crowd of VMan's admirers! :P

Your extensions have been truly great as well... it would be even better, if they were to come out a touch more regularly... but such is the RL, alas. *sigh*

- Theo :)

#6 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:40 PM

Let me just sneak in here to give lavish praise to one of my favorite BG2 fanfics.  :D

So many had attempted to make me like the brooding ranger... but none truly managed to convince me and show the ocean of feelings and emotions behind the mask of stone that our dear Valygar wears. Until you came along and made me realise what a great character VMan really is and revealed the depth of his personality to all of us... thus, converting me to the crowd of VMan's admirers!  :P

Your extensions have been truly great as well... it would be even better, if they were to come out a touch more regularly... but such is the RL, alas. *sigh*

- Theo  :)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image and profoundly I might add! :D

Thank you very much for the praise, my dear friend! :D To know that I succeeded in changing some people?s point of view on Valygar makes me happy and proud! :D

I'm positively beaming now! :D

And thank you for the gentle prodding and understanding. ;)

Bey

*now where are those kissy smilies when you need them... *

#7 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:16 AM

Hi, Bey! :D

An updated and expanded version??!!!?? :o :o :D :D How wonderful!! I'm with Theo on this -- one of my most favorite BG fanfics. Made me almost fall for the big VMan, myself.. ;) ;) A very well-done story, my friend! :D

You've done a wonderful service to this npc, and I know you are working on the NEXT series... Oops! Did I let the cat out of the bag??? :P :P

Baaad MG.. Baaad MG... Blabbing like that.. ;) ;)

MG

#8 VigaHrolf

VigaHrolf

God of Paperclips

• 79 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:31 AM

Bey,

Yay! Back to his Senses. A truly wonderful piece of writing, if I say so myself. I remember the first time I read it and I was pleasantly surprised. And it got better from there.

And I will also echo Theo in that your portrayal of Valygar brought that character to life for me in a most amazing way. He went from just the tactiturn guy with the past to a vibrant, interesting and exciting character. Thanks again!

VH

#9 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:47 AM

Hi, Bey!  :D

An updated and expanded version??!!!??  :o  :o  :D  :D  How wonderful!!  I'm with Theo on this -- one of my most favorite BG fanfics.  Made me almost fall for the big VMan, myself.. ;)  ;)  A very well-done story, my friend!  :D

You've done a wonderful service to this npc, and I know you are working on the NEXT series...  Oops!  Did I let the cat out of the bag???  :P  :P   

Baaad MG..  Baaad MG...  Blabbing like that..  ;)  ;)

MG

Hi MG! :D

Thank you so much! In fact I have to thank you even more, you know why! :D

Erm... next series, yes... first part is outlined and partly written. Now if I could time to actually write it, that would be most welcome. ;)

Bey

#10 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:03 PM

Bey,

Yay!  Back to his Senses.  A truly wonderful piece of writing, if I say so myself.  I remember the first time I read it and I was pleasantly surprised.  And it got better from there. 

And I will also echo Theo in that your portrayal of Valygar brought that character to life for me in a most amazing way.  He went from just the tactiturn guy with the past to a vibrant, interesting and exciting character.  Thanks again!

VH

Thank you very much again, dear friend! :D

To think that my VMan actually might have inspired some of the irresistible navigator of the Gorion? *blushes profoundly again*

Which reminds me... I kind of miss ?Odyssey? here, not to mention ?Interludes?, ?Like Minds?, ?Marcus? and various other pieces by our friendly neighbourhood moderator. :D

Bey

#11 Rusalka

Rusalka
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:04 PM

Yes it has been said before, but this delightful fan fic made me a Valygar fan. I'd never even taken him in my party for longer than it took to complete the planar sphere until you came along. Who knew there was a brooding sexy male under that initially boring exterior. Very emotionally satisfying and you don't ignoe the rest of the party members either. Thumbs up. :D
A day wouldn't be complete without a Knight.

#12 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:50 PM

Yes it has been said before, but this delightful fan fic made me a Valygar fan. I'd never even taken him in my party for longer than it took to complete the planar sphere until you came along. Who knew there was a brooding sexy male under that initially boring exterior. Very emotionally satisfying and you don't ignoe the rest of the party members either. Thumbs up. :D

Thank you very much, Ru! Also for pointing out a rather embarrassing mistake *teehee*

It makes my day (and my weekend and beyond)... Valygar actually made it into people's parties! :D :D :D

And since I like all of Rhuan's party members... Yes, I know, Mazzy doesn't get to show her softer side, yet. But in fact we (meaning my humble self and the half-paladin) did have a slow start in the game after all. ;)

Thanks again!

Bey

#13 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 06:32 AM

Are you still with me? :)

Expanding and extending is progressing slowly, I'm sorry. :(

Enjoy the latest overworked episode. I decided to tell about a fact that was mentioned in the original episode, but never was descibed in detail. ;)

Bey

#14 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 11 June 2004 - 07:45 AM

Now I know that you are truly back with us! :) I'll try to sneak away for a while and have an enjoyable R&R sometime later today...

#15 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 05:16 PM

Bey! It is wonderful!

It was sweet, tender, and reminicient of the 'coming of age'. Rhuan's first kiss.. Awww..... And VMan being, er, a 'dark' green with envy... Well done. I think you captured his jealousy and his attendant 'poutiness' perfectly.. :D

Your Valygar continues to capture our imaginations with your subtle revelations of his depth of character. Thank you for introducing us to this 'silent' side of him that we may catch a glimmer of what makes the man tick. You do it SO well and your expansions are simply enhancing it...

Don't make us wait so long next time. ;)

MG

#16 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 03:46 AM

Now I know that you are truly back with us! :) I'll try to sneak away for a while and have an enjoyable R&R sometime later today...

Whenever you find the time. :D

#17 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 03:58 AM

Bey!  It is wonderful! 

It was sweet, tender, and reminicient of the 'coming of age'.  Rhuan's first kiss..  Awww.....  And VMan being, er, a 'dark' green with envy...  Well done.  I think you captured his jealousy and his attendant 'poutiness' perfectly..  :D

Thank you! I figured that jealousy wouldn't be the only thing he felt. LOL Poutiness, indeed *snicker*

Well, he will have to make up his mind and soon.

Your Valygar continues to capture our imaginations  with your subtle revelations of his depth of character.  Thank you for introducing us to this 'silent' side of him that we may catch a glimmer of what makes the man tick.  You do it SO well and your expansions are simply enhancing it...

And thanks again. Isn't it astounding how those silent guys manage to capture us? ;)

Don't make us wait so long next time.  ;)

MG

:D Fortunately I do have a laptop, so I can write at many occasions. Oh dear, I do hope my employer doesn't make scans when I connect to the main office. :blink:

Bey

#18 Meira

Meira

• 411 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 04:39 AM

Oooo... I was wondering when you would continue this. I'll have to second MG's wish of not making us wait so long for the next part. Especially since - but not only because - this episode was so favourable towards Anomen. <_< And you know which of the two *I* prefer. :wub:

I like how you're digging deeper to Nalia's head as well. She has always been a somewhat distant character to me.
Ihmeellinen meri

- Edith Södergran

#19 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 04:49 AM

Oooo... I was wondering when you would continue this. I'll have to second MG's wish of not making us wait so long for the next part. Especially since - but not only because - this episode was so favourable towards Anomen.   <_<  And you know which of the two *I* prefer.  :wub:

I like how you're digging deeper to Nalia's head as well. She has always been a somewhat distant character to me.

Yes, RL, vacation and writer's block (not necessarily in that order) were tight on me. RL is still demanding, writer's block is over, and vacation *sigh* over as well. But with my new client, I should be able to secure more time for my hobbies.

Thank you, very much, for reading and commenting. And yes, I know where your preferences are. ;)

I like Nalia, but I usually neglect her in my games. She more or less serves as a placeholder for Imoen, and I figured this was a good way to make up to her a little. :)

I found out that I actully like to write her. And I do have some ideas, but they won't be covered in BTHS.

Thanks again. :D

Bey

EDIT: Oh, Meira, I forgot to ask you... Your signature, is that Finnish?

Edited by Beyshaliban, 12 June 2004 - 04:52 AM.

#20 Meira

Meira

• 411 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 06:22 AM

Yes, the poem is in Finnish though it's a translation from Swedish original.

I often dump Nalia for Imoen too, though nowadays I usually drop her off in Ahlkatla before leaving for Spellhold. I felt too guilty of abandoning her in the maze. :( Perhaps I should give the lass a chance someday and keep her along all the way to the end.
Ihmeellinen meri

- Edith Södergran