Orphan Characters

• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#1 Lady LeFay

Lady LeFay

The Resident Perverted Freak

• 320 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 08:45 PM

I am trying to focus on Dante, but my mind came up with several interesting characters, and I am sure others probably did the same while busy with another mod, or unable to make one.

So how about just typing up a brief character sketch (or many!) here, there, to either get back to, or to have someone looking for a project pick it up, who knows? :huh:

Well, any ways, here's a brief format:

Name: (if any)
Race:
Class: (Kit -- if new kit, describe)
Other info:

You don't have to follow it, but make it easy to read. :)
"This Rod will be your doom!" -- Kilik.
"Do you know how much that turns me on, Ki?"
"Maxi! I'm trying to be serious here!" -- Maxi and Kilik

When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear. -- Mark Twain

To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity.
Oscar Wilde

And alien tears will fill for him Pity's long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn.

Dante Romancable Mod: 'Tis a courtly love of a different sort

#2 Loké

Loké
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:22 PM

Very doubtful. :P
Raaar!

#3 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 07:21 AM

Lady LeFay - I was reading through your Dante thread and noticed some discussion of the god he worships as a Paladin.

Here's a Paladin of Amaunator kit I created for a mod (still in progress), feel free to use this if you wish or amend it as you see fit!

I will send you the spells and the updated code i have on my system pc if you want to use it! PM me if you're interested or if you would like to use it elsewhere!

Rabain

Edit: kit code removed!

Edited by Rabain, 24 June 2004 - 11:51 PM.

A knight without armour in a savage land...

#4 Warrior of Valor

Warrior of Valor
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 11:16 AM

Hi, anyone want this one?

Name: Arrain
Race: Moon Elf
Class: Anything Bardic with four slots with long swords and three with short swords and well trained in music but low pick pocket and no two handed weapons but bows and can't use sheild.
Other:
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Stats: Str:15
Dex:19
Con:13
Int: 16
Wis: 13
Cha: 18
Special Equipment: Moonblade, long sword +2
Blur Constant
Armor class -3
Can cast Simulacrum
Can talk
Causes Bleeding
Bio: (give him a past if you want) an elf running from the Cowled Wizards

Place him somewhere in the Umar Hills, Harpershead quarters, or Shadow Theives

#5 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 05:02 PM

Donovan
Race:Elf
Class:Bard (kitless)
style/proficiency: Shortsword +, One handed style +, Darts +,
mostly uses abjuration, illusion, and "utility" spells (like knock and create weapon.)
He stands in the back row and uses his spells to protect him and the party. Then he uses his bard song in situations where ranged attacks arent needed/usefull or he throws his darts (which have a higher rate of fire then normal). If he gets attacked in close range he most likely will cast his lesser form of mislead (same as the mage spell except the illusion only lasts 1 round) and make a break for it. If it's down to his shortsword he will most likely be lucky to be alive... his constitution is kinda low...

Stats
Str. 12
Dex. 16
Con. 10
Int. 15
Wis. 8
Cha. 16

Alignment:
Neutral good

Personality: Laid back and enthusiastic and very witty. He likes to flirt alot and loves to drink. He is polite and friendly regardless who he's talking too. However, long his fuse is, when he finally gets mad. It's like a nuke goes off. He's also no virgin to hard times, or hard woman.
If you're gonna put him in BG2.. most likely he'd try for Jaheira... he's alittle masochistic.

Soundsets: (french accent)
Battle Crys
1. Let us dance!
2. My blade is as a woman's scorn.
3. Games without Frontiers!

Badly hurt
I was having so much fun I didnt notice I am bleeding like a stuck pig my friends.

Run Away
It's been fun but I must take my leave good men.

Rare selects
1. They call me mellow yellow...
2. Seriously good man, I would if I was into that... but I am not. (Try that [Insert party member here] he seems like that kinda guy.
3. Ahhhh Fujiko

Bored:
Ticking away the hours that make up a dull day... (says it sort of agitated like)

Bio:
I wont put anything reletive to any game so you could convert it to anything but here's his general statistics.
He comes from Raven's Bluff
He ran off after some "lady problems"
He has travelled all of the west and some of the east
He prays to Finder every night
He has a knack for building devices (which has made him popular amongst gnomes)
Crayons are the most chaotic bananas there never will be....

#6 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 06 June 2004 - 09:04 AM

Well, to break the abandonned elves pattern, but to continue with a bardic streak... here is a non-elven one:

Name: Glafira Mirabbelle
Race: Forest Gnome
Class: Bard

Kit: Buffon (Gnome only)

-Can only learn/cast Illusion school
- Bard Song is the Jester's
- Gains access to more of a Thieve's protfolio (gets 5 points to Pick Pockets, Find Traps, Disarm Traps and Open Locks each at every Level Up)
- Armour restrictions the same as a mage's
- Can use robes
- Lore values, weapon proficienceis, level up scheme as per thief class

Stats:

Str: 8 Dex: 15 Const: 14 Int: 17 Wis: 9 Ch: 16

Biography:

Glafira Mirabelle was born on Lantan - an Island of Gnomes, and grew up as a girl with the dream. Coming of age she finlly figured that the dream was to become a ministrel. Enterprenerial maiden found employement with one of the shady trade companies which had a share in the portal that opened in the mainland Faerun. Instead of buying and shipping (or smuggling) ores, Glafira immediately directed herself to Waterdeep and presented herself at the New Olam Academy.

The welcome to a gnome who said that she can sing, was quite tepid, and the instructors kept waving Glafira away with the continious "Please, come tomorrow, dear." Since Glafira had troubles finding out what ime tomorrow started in Waterdeep, she camped at the Academy's grounds. That persistence caught an eye of a young Thethyrian student - a noblewoman Melirinda who decided to pull a prank at the gnome's expence. She introuduced herself as a professor at the Academy and scheduled the audition.

It turned out that the gnome had a unique manner of delivery of her material, which attracted an amused crowd of idle art students. And where the students are gathered, a schoolmaster would happen to be along sooner or later. Thus Glafira got noted, and enrolled to study in the New Olam. Easy-going and mischevous gnome appreciated Melirinda's joke and the two became fast friends.

After finishing the course, Glafira was employing out around Waterdeep, until the news came from Thethyr that Melirinda died. The gnome immediately went to see the grieving family, but found things in uproar, as Melirinda died in childbed, birth to an illegetimate and worst, half-elven daughter. Relationships between elves and humans being quite strained in Tethyr at that time, the father of the child was wisely absent, so the harsh but dotting elder brother of Melirinda, Lord Anselm, adopted his niece and she grew with her cousins.

Anselm had an obssessive idea to make the child, Lin'Dei into another Melirinda, and would not listen to the hired teachers that the girl is tone-deaf and cannot carry the tune if her life depended on it. fter the sixth of the unfortunate maesters was kicked out of the house, Glafira offered her services. She too, to her dissappointment discovered the girl's inaptitude to anything but fighting her cousins, but she managed to get Lin'Dei past the basics of lute playing, which was a great success.

The quiet times in the household lasted only to Anselm's death, as his heir and Lin'Dei's cousin had no love for her. The new Lord accused Lin'Dei of conspiracy and imprisoned her along with Glafira. With the help of a ranger Sevrin and a rogue Kar'Nuelim, they were freed and the company fled Tethyr and hired itself out as mercenaries.

Sooner or later all things come to an end, though. Sevrin was killed in battle and his death made Lin'Dei reckless and bitter, so she eagerly involved the group (joined by an elven cleric, Ladimer) into a plot against her cousin's son, who by that time inherited the family's lands to help out the young maiden Clara, he had married. While the venture at the end succeeded, and Clara was safely delivered to her father and initiated the inquery against her husband, Lin'Dei died of poison aspellholdstudios.netnd wounds inflicted on her.

After Lin'Dei's death each of the company went on his or her own way. Glafira's ended up in Athkatla where she sought employ with the troup of actors in the Five Flagon's that caught her fancy by their unusual style and appearance. However, the troup mistress, Raelis, was adamant about not needing the gnome. With her usual stubborness, Glfira settled in the five Flagons looking for her chance. When the lead actor, Haer'Dalis dissappeared, Realis still refused Glafira the audition. It is likely that Glafira would be delighted to join into any venture that would be likely to warm Realis' heart to her.

:)

#7 Warrior of Valor

Warrior of Valor
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 10:54 AM

Bard mania!!!!!!!!

Name:
Race: Halfling
Class: Entertainer, can create Lute of the beautiful 1/day per 10 levels and Silver Horn of Valhalla 1/day and same song progression as skald, can obtain Grand mastery with dagger, short sword, and sling can?t use long swords, two-handers, axes, bastard swords, katanas, scimitars, war hammers, halberds, spears, and long bows must be Halflings and elves, must be neutral good or chaotic good alignment
Other:
Alignment: Neutral Good
Stats: Str: 14
Dex: 19
Con: 11
Int: 16
Wis: 14
Cha: 18

Bio: Short but you chose
Place in the Bard place , don?t remember name, or in a random tavern.

#8 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:31 PM

Ise
NG Female Human Stalker
Profs:
Two handed swords
Two handed style
Two weapon style
Longbow

Stats
Str 12
Dex 15
Con 15
Int 10
Wis 8
Cha 10

Bio: When asked about her past, Ise states solemly that she is but a simple girl from the Amn area. At age 5 she had her life saved by a slaver somewhat sympathetic to children. She was taken to Calimport and served as a manual labor slave until she turned 13. Strangely she skips past that part and explains that at age 15 Amahd Turul (the leader of a decent minded orginazation, mostly thieves and rangers, that resides in the Calimshan area) offered her work at their, then unnamed, group. She then trained in the ways of the world with his good friend Garl Oschawitz, a Ranger from somewhere on the sword coast.
She claims the rest is unimportant....

Personality:
Heavy drinker. She is down to earth unless she is drunk. She is quick and too the point... most find it rude but she usually meens no offense. However unless she is drunk she will wake up during the night screaming. Obviously... she has inner demons to face.
She is definately NOT squemish towards death.

Voice: a singsong-ish Irish voice. Average womans pitch and lovely.

Edited by Xaositect_Crayon, 23 June 2004 - 12:34 PM.

#9 -Tancred-

-Tancred-

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:55 PM

Name:Havn't though of one, a real life medival name though, preferably a common one

Names of heroes from the first crusade: Bohemond, Odo, Stephen, Godfrey, Hugh, Eustace, Baldwin, Adhemar... and Tancred. :)

#10 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:30 PM

I like Eustace...

#11 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:17 AM

I like Odo....

#12 -Christina-

-Christina-

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:29 PM

Name: Rash'Jan
Race: Drow Half-Elf
Class: Thief
Kit: Assassin
Weapons: short sword +
long sword+
cross bow +

Biography:

Rash'Jan is a Crintri from the 'Nation of Pain', or commonly known as Dambrath. He is the son of the current queen, Yenandra, and is brother to Yenandra's three impatient sisters.

Luckily Rash'Jan was never dragged into his sisters' schemes of succession until his later years of life. Before his sisters took notice of the male Crintri however, Rash'Jan trained as a fighter under the training of his father.

His father had been given to Dambrath as a gift of thanks to the half-elves by the Drow. Out of all the male slaves, Rash'Jan's father was the fittest and strongest.

When Rash'Jan was born, the Pirate Queen quickly cast the baby male to the side, like any mother would do to their son. Intentionally, Yenandra hoped for Rash'Jan to train in magic, to become a powerful mage, but Rash'Jan's father had different plans. He intended for Rash'Jan to be a fighter, and trained the boy himself.

During the twenty years of training, Rash'Jan's father constantly told Rash'Jan stories of the Underdark, or the beauty of the dark Drow cities. One of the many tales he told Rash'Jan was the history of Jarlaxle and the Bregan D'aerthe. This history stuck with Rash'Jan's thoughts forever it seemed. In a world where males amounted next to nothing compared to females, Rash'Jan liked the philosophy of Jarlaxle and the opportunity that Bregan D'aerthe posed.

After twenty years of training, Rash'Jan's eldest sister finally conducted a scheme to overthrow her mother. Her plan was to assassinate their father, who was their mother's greatest security. To begin with, her plan only entailed that their father was to be killed, but she wisely noticed Rash'Jan's own power in combat and saw him as an immediate threat. She sent a small ambush at her brother and father one afternoon, when the two males hunting.

Nobody knew what exactly happened, but none of the assassins returned to the treacherous princess, only Rash'Jan returned, holding their father's sword.

For the next ten years, Rash'Jan remained silent and was hardly seen in the palace grounds. He trained privately as a theif, as an assassin. His motives for changing his class was unexplained, but his eldest sister worried that either their mother had ordered for it so that she could punish her or because Rash'Jan wanted revenge for their father's death. Without taking chances, she ordered Rash'Jan to be taken out of the picture, but once again he escaped her.

He fled from his birthplace and traveled alone, until he arrived in Amn, where his skills as a theif intrigues the Shaodw Thieves....

I hope that wasn't too long :D

Info:

His ambition is to join Bregan D'aerthe, because he is tired of his sister hunting him and he wishes to see the Underdark. Plus Bregan D'aerthe is the number one guild for a thief of his skills, in his opinion. I want it so that when you meet Jarlaxle in Ust'Natha, Rash'Jan is given an offer to work for Jarlaxle and Rash'Jan will except of course, but he'll wait until the PC's quest is completed. But once he's removed from the party from then on, he'll never be found again, because he'll leave for Gregan D'aerthe.

Equipment:

Sword of Succession, Short Sword +2
Rash'Jan's father's sword that he kept with him at all times, hidden inside of his robes. After his untimely death, Rash'Jan took this sword as his own and gave it the name 'Sword of Succession' as an irony of his sister's attempt to murder him for her own succession to the throne.

#13 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 11:06 AM

Kashish
Sex:Yes... ermmm I meen male
Race:Halfling
Class:Cleric/thief
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

stats
Str. 12
Dex. 17
con. 14
Int. 10
wis 16
cha:15

skills:Stealth skills and pickpocket

weapon of choice: Flail and shield

special: can do berserker rage once per day (additional one every 5 levels)

Soundset:Typical comical voice IE Oolong from dragonball

Bio:
When asked about his past Kashish is shocked that you have never heard of the Zakhara undergarment thief! He raves about his past stealing of ladies panties (some he claims... right off the lady while she was wearing them) from all over Toril AND the planes.
When asked why he keeps looking over his shoulder he starts to look like he is about to cry. He claims slowly with a shiver how Alison Nilhea AND Pentar were two such women.

You dont know who they are but the way he talks you feel you might not be to great with him following you around...

Personality: Clingy hopeless romantic. Falls in love with just about every woman he meets REGARDLESS of race. He is also jittery jumpy and paranoid. He doesnt like to be suprised too much.

Edited by Xaositect_Crayon, 02 July 2004 - 11:18 AM.

#14 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 11:21 AM

errrr atleast it's slightly original

#15 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 06:49 PM

I
Race:Mindflayer
Class:Psionisist
sex:Male
Alignment:True Neutral
Stats: (dont know much about mindflayer stats but lets say hi int and low dex and charisma)

Skills:None but those already common to mindflayers
BUT he has a special ability that automaticly inflicts any mental effects casted to him on everyone else in the area. A big strategy for him is to eat certain "mushrooms" before going into battle)
So say if someone cast feeblemind on him... everybody in the current area would become feebleminded

weapons:None

personality: uhhmm very very very laid back... and oddly kind for a mindflayer
however he believes in a druidic balance
Bio:none yet

#16 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 12:06 PM

Lot of thieves...
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#17 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 05 July 2004 - 08:32 AM

Interesting Rogues are under-represented in BG2, me thinks, and they are attractive writing-wise (smooth, witty, adventerous, the degree of baddisheness can be easily ajusted, easy to make controversial, carter easily to "misunderstood/life forced him/her to be bad"/underdog scenarious favored by many readers etc).

#18 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:22 AM

awwwww I will let my lack of humility tell me that is a compliment for me
now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside
thanks Domi

#19 Warrior of Valor

Warrior of Valor
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:00 PM

Hi, I've posted a couple of NPC's on here and I was woundering if anyone liked them?

#20 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:06 PM

they are alittle too powerful dude....