337 replies to this topic

#141 Gothic Rose

Gothic Rose

Sexkitten

• 231 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 12:08 PM

:D

I heartily endorse Gothic Rose's Gronk. 

We all need a little shiny in our lives.  GRONK!

View Post

I find that there is a startling number of not-stupid NPCs in the game. To my knowledge, no NPC has an int lower than 10. It's silly.

Hence Gronk. Gronk makes up for that. In spades. Here are Gronks own words about it:

Gronk Lonely. Gronk not know what small peoples say. Make Gronk Mad. Gronk Smash.

Gronk sad. Smash frends. No Frends. Gronk like smashy. Not frend smashy. Bad. Bad Gronk.
Posted Image

#142 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 10 December 2004 - 01:05 PM

Gronk, come here Gronk. Do you know what, I don't like red either. Let's get rid of him 'kay.

#143 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:09 AM

... and one more Gronk on top of that! Gronk!

#144 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 26 January 2005 - 05:23 AM

Has there ever been a case of a character actually getting adopted?

There is lots of interesting stuff here but apparently the coders have their own ideas to pursuit.

#145 -Xadrana-At-Work-

-Xadrana-At-Work-

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:06 AM

Ooh. I really like the above mentioned idea of Jesaih. Wonder if anything ever came of it. The basic idea reminds me a little of the Phantom of the Opera story, especially a book I once read called "Phantom" that was more of a backstory than the classic drama. Beautiful story, and one I'd be happy to help with if anyone *is* working on it.
Once I get done voicing done for Phenelope, anyway. *ducks and runs from Sleeta* ;)

Xadrana really shouldn't be perusing forums at work.

#146 -Tengu-

-Tengu-

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:27 AM

Another of mine:

Gakkus The Slime Lord.

Story: Gakkus is a (more or less) human sorcerer, less than sane and much less than pretty. Because of his face, he was being laughed at since his childhood, and as the result, he developed a very spiteful personality. When he realised that he had magical powers, it didn?t take long before his tormentors suffered a series of ?accidents? leading to Gakkus? banishment from his hometown. Having no family anymore, and no friends, he travelled the world, selling his abilities to those who paid, and causing serious pain to those who annoyed him. Some time later, he realised that his magic reflected his personality. The venom of his thoughts could quite literally burn his enemies as his spells produced increasingly poisonous and acidic effects. Finally, his magic started attracting creatures that were as reviled as him and which never commented on his appearance: slimes.

Appearance: At present, Gakkus is a skinny, hunched bald man in his forties (male thief avatar). His powers? increase changed his body in tune with it, making him even more repulsive. His sweat is slightly corrosive and any non-magic clothes he wears quickly change into rags. It also smells terribly. Gakkus has lost all hair, and his skin is smooth and yellowish. As his ?friends? are hardly very talkative, he mutters to himself a lot.

Location: In Irenicus? Dungeon, trapped behind the glass instead of the doppelganger. He will promise his service in return for his freedom and then keep the promise when he senses the power that is to be found in the PC?s presence.

Personality: Gakkus speaks a lot but rarely to other people. He mostly speaks to himself or to his ?pets?. When speaking with people, he is grumpy, mostly trying to end the conversation quickly. (Sometimes, when in good mood, he tries to be funny. Most of his ?funny? comments are rather gross though.).
Gakkus hates ?pretty? people, especially when they show it off and this may get him into conflicts with HaerDalis or Viconia. He will also immediately return any signs of disgust shown by any ?noble knights? in the party. On the other hand, he?ll take perverse pleasure in listening to Airie?s bouts of depression.

Stats: STR 9, DEX 10, KON 14, INT 16, WIS 8, CHA 4.

Proficiencies: Dagger and sling.

Powers: Gakkus? kit is based on what is called oozemaster in PnP. Since there are no prestige classes in BGII, he is a sorcerer kit with modified spell choice. (He cannot choose some spells, including many offensive ones, but can learn all ?acid? and ?poison? spells as if they were one spell level lower, and has access to some spells that aren?t normally available to sorcerers (such as dolorous decay). He won?t throw any fireballs, but when used properly, he can wilt, gas or dissolve most enemies. His summoning spells will also result in summoning various venomous creatures.

Special abilities: As he progresses in levels, Gakkus becomes increasingly ?slimy? himself, gaining properties of the creatures he so loves. When the party meets him, he is already immune to poison and disease, and has a decent acid resistance. His later abilities may include: immunity to backstab, immunity to critical hits, and various damage resistances, as well as an ability to produce slime of toxic properties usable by unarmed attack or by spitting, with effects that mime those of different slimes and oozes, depending on his level.

Items: ?Slimy?. Slimy is a jelly that keeps following Gakkus (takes a slot in his inventory when not summoned to fight) and if it had any sort of mind, it could be called his familiar. The fact is Gakkus always calls his pet jelly ?Slimy? and will simply create another one if this one is killed. Slimy?s powers and immunities change with his master?s.

Quests: Some NPCs may accidentally offend Gakkus. His reaction may get the party in quite a mess. He may also have something to say about killing the slime god?s cultists is Underdark.

Romance: ?!!!

#147 Efreet

Efreet
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 07:59 AM

Would anyone adopt Grozhar? :(

(he is in this topic a couple of pages back)
Then she saw his eyes, red and mad as hell. And in that moment she knew that he could kill anyone, no matter how strong. Madness, true madness could put a fist through a plank.

#148 OrangeSpider

OrangeSpider
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:31 AM

Ooh.  I really like the above mentioned idea of Jesaih.  Wonder if anything ever came of it.  The basic idea reminds me a little of the Phantom of the Opera story, especially a book I once read called "Phantom" that was more of a backstory than the classic drama.  Beautiful story, and one I'd be happy to help with if anyone *is* working on it.
Once I get done voicing done for Phenelope, anyway. *ducks and runs from Sleeta* ;)

Xadrana really shouldn't be perusing forums at work.

View Post

Cribba is working on it I think. I just haven't heard from him for a long time though, but I've sent him some outline for Jessiah.....

If you want to help, that would be great!!! Just tell Cribba that, since all the computer stuff is way beyond me.

Christina

#149 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:56 AM

Would anyone adopt Grozhar? :(

(he is in this topic a couple of pages back)

View Post

Perhaps as non-joinable NPC, as I going to add the Zhents into BG2. I know you asked before, but I am not sure.

*self-promotion* Ariena has speach impedement, comes from the north, hates weakling, no empty threats and NE alignment. Thus sort of combo of Grozhar and Gronk. However, that is I reckon not good enough (yep realist :D). However she remains the first Half-Orc NPC to come out I believe *end self-promotion*

Edited by Deathsangel, 29 April 2005 - 03:07 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#150 Efreet

Efreet
  • 211 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:12 PM

A non-joinable NPC? Not quite what I had in mind. <_<

:^^: On the other hand, Solaufein started as a non-joinable NPC.

Mail me on what exactly you are going to use him for and if I like it, He is yours. :thumb:
Then she saw his eyes, red and mad as hell. And in that moment she knew that he could kill anyone, no matter how strong. Madness, true madness could put a fist through a plank.

#151 -Tengu-

-Tengu-

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:29 PM

The same goes for the ones I left here, except you don't have to contact me as I don't have any more material for them.

It would be cool of course if any of them made it into a full NPC. Unlike the good guys, those who seek an evil mage\sorcerer aren't exactly spoilt for choice. :edwin:

#152 notsomighty

notsomighty
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:22 PM

Aren't there anyone out there whos interested in doing Saemon Havarian joinable.....?

I checked up his stats:

str: 16
con: 18
dex: 16
int: 9
wis: 9
cha: 13

He is a t/n male human fighter/mage.

Personly I think he would be a interesting character to have in the party...:)

Edited by notsomighty, 30 May 2005 - 01:29 PM.

#153 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:48 AM

There's always Ctrl-Q.

Why would Havarian join your party?

#154 notsomighty

notsomighty
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:38 AM

hmmm... I dunno...
What if Saemon gets to Sahuagin City with you... and then he have no choice other than ask you if he can join your team. And when you get to Underdark I'm sure saemon won't be fond of walkin alone there...

#155 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:04 AM

But I don't think that Saemon wants to face Irenicus or Boddhi again... 'twould be a very short term alliance anyway... Saemon would probably try to sell the party to the drow or betray for the duergar. And if they all made it to the surface, the elven diviners would see that Saemon was in alliance with their hated exile enemy.

#156 notsomighty

notsomighty
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:39 AM

Well... Saemon maby has something he needs to be done and he gets that you are very powerful and he sort of wants your hel, or he just feels the life of adventuring is kinda fun...
His whole crew probably drowned when you got abducted by the sahuagins and he probably won't make it alone...
And what if Irenicus put some nasty spell on him and the only way get rid of it is to kill I-cus...
There's always an explanition you can make...
But don't you think a npc mod with Saemon sounds tempting?!

btw xcuse the english..

#157 AstraKiseki

AstraKiseki
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:09 AM

Name: Parn Celoair
Race: Human (formerly a half-elf)
Class: Dual class: necromancer/thief
Alignment: Either NG or N
Other info:
Parn is a character from a story I'm writing. In the story, he is still very young (barely able to walk and talk) and only involved as the youngest brother of the main character, Kirilara; the PC meets him when he is older, and changed. His background (that he will tell an unromanced PC) is this:

He is the youngest child in a family of mountain-dwelling necromancers, although following that craft is not expected of anyone. It is simply a part of the blood. He *did* dabble in necromancy, but after a time, he found himself more interested in other secrets. He discovered more of a gift for picking locks and sneaking about, and ran away from home after a dangerous accident that left him changed and feeling unworthy of his family name. He obviously seeks something, but he won't tell what.

I'll add stats later. ;p

Edited by AstraKiseki, 07 June 2005 - 08:10 AM.

Everyone lives in a fantasy, we're just more obvious than others.

Ano-kun wa kawaii desu yo!

Tired of thief-mages? How about trying out a wide-eyed young man more than a few picklocks up his sleeve?

Parn Celoair

#158 Lord-Jyssev

Lord-Jyssev

LĪJ

• 451 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:31 AM

how is he formerly half elf, he only ran away did he cast a spell or somthin and it went horably wrong?

#159 AstraKiseki

AstraKiseki
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:05 AM

Well, that 'accident' that made him run away (and join a thieves' guild) removed all of his elven blood. It wasn't his fault, he just fell into the wrong hands.

He fudges on some of his background, because he is still ashamed about it. The story is this:

His family come from a long line of elven necromancers, but there are exceptions, like his older sisters and his brother. Their father is an elf, but their mother is a 'soulbound' human (the children STILL don't know, it's a run-on joke). Soulbound means soulmates that live as long as the longest lived of the couple, and age as such. Parn is the youngest child, and after Kirilara restored the family to honor, he went with her to train more fully as a necromancer. He liked necromancy, and often assisted others in understanding the art for what it is, a tool.

He overhears a plot at school to harm his big sister, and uses himself as bait to capture them. Half of the plotters were caught, the others got off with the half-elf mage. They attempted to 'purify' him into pure magic, but instead botched it, leaving them with a not-so-novice human necromancer without any reservations towards murdering those who caused him so much pain. After the haze of rage passed, Parn was so horrified by his power and ashamed of his actions that he turned away, and joined a thieves' guild. He noticed that he was more impatient, and other qualities that a human has. Believing (falsely) that it was a sign that he was no longer a member of his house, he found a way from his homeworld, and lands himself in Toril, and gets himself involved with the Shadow Thieves. And that is where you can meet him. ;)

Physically and emotionally speaking, Parn is 16 years old. Timewise, he is actually 60 years old.

Stats

Str: 9
Dex: 17
Con: 12
Int: 16
Wis: 11
Cha: 13

Edited by AstraKiseki, 09 June 2005 - 08:10 AM.

Everyone lives in a fantasy, we're just more obvious than others.

Ano-kun wa kawaii desu yo!

Tired of thief-mages? How about trying out a wide-eyed young man more than a few picklocks up his sleeve?

Parn Celoair

#160 Tyrmer

Tyrmer
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 12:59 PM

Here's one of the many NPCs I thought of when I was younger

Name: Tyrmer (I know, when I was younger I used the same name all the time, I'm sure that other people are guilty of exactly the same thing)

Race: Troll

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral or True Neutral

Class: Mage

Likely Stats (Before Change):

Str 19
Dex 12
Con 18
Int 18
Wis 13
Cha 7

Likely Stats (After Change):

Str 14
Dex 16
Con 15
Int 18
Wis 13
Cha 13

Location: Outside Troll Mound or possibly in the Windspeare Hills researching the tomb of King Strohm or anywhere else with magical stuff. With ToB installed he could be trying to access Watcher's Keep to get at some nice treasures.

Other info: Tyrmer is a strange troll, vastly more intelligent than other trolls, he seeks to accumalate as much magical knowledge as possible, he is facinated by magic and magical items and talks a lot to Edwin, Imoen and Jan about their favourite spells and magic items. He probably argues with Valygar because he is a typical "foul creature" and a magic user and thus not on good terms with Valygar. He is reclusive and unpredictable, he generally doesn't talk much to non-mages and its a 50 - 50 chance that he'll either shred or simply not notice people who insult or pester him. He would have quest's to do with the Cowled Wizards, the troll mound (you could possible get past this without fighting with Tyrmer in the party) and probably something along the lines of what happens to Viconia (random religious fanatics). He'd probably try to get the Nether Scroll off Edwin (even after it back fires) just to accumalate more knowledge. I had planned for the Nether Scroll to change him into a more acceptable form (probably human). This would drop his strength and constitution and possible raise his dexterity and charisma and then he could possibly have a romance option for female mages (or just high intelligence characters) after the transformation (which wouldn't bother him as much as Edwin's bothers Edwin).

Hope this wasn't too long a character.