Romance for Minsc?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:12 PM

or maybe boo actually is a miniature giant space hamster who provides minsc w/ advice
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#22 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 May 2004 - 10:59 PM

Nah, Xaosites theory is the accepted one...

#23 Twlight Dancer the Vampire Queen

Twlight Dancer the Vampire Queen
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 01:26 PM

Minsc is my favorite character and I have alot ot say on this sublect.So here it goes.

1) I think that Minsc was in love with Dynaheir in his own way. Everyone has different ways of precieving and loving others and in different ways. Like if there was a Minsc romance you would first have to get closer to him. By helping him feel better about Dynahier and getting to know him better, then you would need to get rid of that annoying, pathetic, selfabsorbed , CHILD Aeire. :angry: I HATE HER.
2)I don't think of Dynaheir as a Woman who has men as number one on her list of her prioprities. She had things to do, places to be, things to learn, hobgoblins to kill, you know the usual. How CHARNAME manages to have a romance with all that AND the whole your father was a dead God of murder thing on top is beyond me. IF she had any interests in Minsc other then protector, maybe she just didn't reveal it out of obligation to her art and mission.
3) I've always thought Bioware made him a bit unrealistic, he is kind of a parody of a ranger, :( they could have develped him ALOT more.
4) On Boo he either is a Minature Giant Space Hampster or somthing else, but Minsc isn't insane or retarded or chidish or anything like that. I think he just loves the thrill of rightous battle and really Hates evil and they emphise on that too much.
5) MY THEORY ON BOO:
Each Ranger in the Ice Dragon Berserker Lodge has to be able to lose himself in the heat of battle, so they use thier own brand of magic to transfer ALOT of thier knowledge and wisdom into a small animal to keep it safe and make it easierfor them, (Boo) and the witches they protect are the only ones other then members of the lodge who know. The whole head injury is a cover story. ;) ^_^ :P Man I am GOOD! -_- <_<

Just my two cents.

#24 kirkjobsluder

kirkjobsluder
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 02:59 PM

1) I think that Minsc was in love with Dynaheir in his own way. Everyone has different ways of precieving and loving others and in different ways. Like if there was a Minsc romance you would first have to get closer to him. By helping him feel better about Dynahier and getting to know him better, then you would need to get rid of that annoying, pathetic, selfabsorbed , CHILD Aeire. :angry: I HATE HER.

Aerie gets better once you snap her out of her funk. I must admit though that I found Jaheira and Aerie to be both so insufferable that by the time I get to a conflict between them, I want to boot them both out. I agree that Minsc was in love with her (although not necessarily a very mature love) and I'd like to see more of how that affects him.

2)I don't think of Dynaheir as a Woman who has men as number one on her list of her prioprities.

Yep.

Edited by kirkjobsluder, 07 May 2004 - 03:03 PM.

#25 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 03:01 PM

he prolly thought of her as his mom...
Crayons are the most chaotic bananas there never will be....

#26 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:04 PM

Please, everyone, there is a way of having a discussion without making heated statements of hatred. :) Let us all play nice, and spare each-other's feelings and pointless arguments.

Edited by domi, 08 May 2004 - 05:11 PM.

#27 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 15 November 2004 - 01:20 PM

I do not think that Minsc was in love with Dynaheir. I do not think Boo is a Miniture Giant Space Hamster.

#28 Sleeta

Sleeta
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 01:33 PM

I do not think that Minsc was in love with Dynaheir. I do not think Boo is a Miniture Giant Space Hamster.

View Post

I haven't played BG1, but regarding Boo, who can say? Stranger things are in the realms. Personally, I think Boo is a bit of a security blanket for Minsc. It's like if he thinks he begins something with "Boo says/thinks/believes", the idea really isn't his, and thus he's less likely to get rejected/made fun of/whatever, since "the idea didn't come from him to begin with". Sort of like when a person wants advice and they say "I have this friend of mine who . . . "

Just a theory.
"It's always somethin' . . . 'Phenalope, check for traps.' 'Phenalope, open this here lock and get us the treasures.' 'Phenalope, my destiny's too hard, gimmie an ale and sing me a jaunty tune . . . ' "
Phenalope - When you just need a hug or a hamstring cut. A Baldur's Gate 2 NPC Friendship Mod. Because not everyone wants to get into your heroic britches.

"I was like a poor sinner who'd just found out he'd got to heaven after all."
~ Preacher

#29 The Dragon Professor

The Dragon Professor
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:22 AM

But after all is said and done, the man believes that his hamster talks - that is a 5yo's child imagination level. To fall in love one has to be mentally older.

I'm basing everything I know about the realms as growing up as a longtime PC and DM of D&D 3rd Edition, but I was under the assumption Boo was Minsc's ranger animal companion, thus having an empathetic link to him allowing them to converse. Maybe not as simply as talking like humans do, but to a degree enough that they can get their points across. True that could just be the house rule I was raised with, but to me Druids and Rangers are meant to be able to converse with their chosen companions.

EDIT: Also, back in AD&D there was a campaign setting where "Giant Space Hamsters" existed, thus its not impossible for miniature breed of those to exist. The Planar Sphere of BG2:SoA has shown us that inter-dimensional travel is possible, to the point of a group of knights from the Dragonlance setting being present. Thus to me its quite possible that Boo is, in fact, a Miniature Giant Space Hamster and the chosen animal companion of a ranger named Minsc who can converse with him.

EDIT edit: Hah, I only just realized no one's touched this thread in six years.

Edited by The Dragon Professor, 19 September 2010 - 11:25 AM.

#30 Lurker of the north

Lurker of the north

Permanently temporary

• 97 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

EDIT edit: Hah, I only just realized no one's touched this thread in six years.

-Well, as this thread's been necrobumped anyways, i might as well take the opportunity to point out that in the BG1npcProject (in the Dynaheir-romance or some such) it is stated that minsc and Dyna are siblings of sorts, although they are NOT blood-relatives; i still feel it was implied that they had a sibling-like relationship.

-Blah blah blah...
LotN

#31 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:55 AM

1: BG1NPC is not canon and should not be treated as such.

2: A topic that has been dead for six years is not the right place to discuss it.

3: Mod Ideas is not the right section for it, either.

4: Basically, what I'm saying is that if you want to discuss Minsc, do it in the BG1/BG2 section. If you want to discuss BG1NPC, do it on their boards or in Modding Discussion.