Comments on "A Meeting of Like Minds"

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:48 PM

Hi, VH.. :D

You already know this is one of my favorite all-time pieces of yours. I'm glad to see the 'revamped' version here. ;)

Thanks, buddy, for sharing this with us.. :D

MG

#2 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 01:22 AM

It's true! This is a most powerful story which I like to read again, and again!

But let's not forget the other goodies you have in store.... You know what I mean. You know what I want I want to read. ;) :lol:

Bey

#3 VigaHrolf

VigaHrolf

God of Paperclips

• 79 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:43 PM

MG,

Thanks for the kind words. :) And I'm sure you're happy to see a piece of my work appearing on the FW forum. Since I'm a mod and all. :)

Bey,

:D Thank you. I know you like the story of my young paladin lassie Aleria, and I figured I should bring her over for a visit.

As to other goodies.. I have NO idea what you could be talking about. ;) ;)

#4 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:36 AM

VH,

You already know that the second part of "Like Minds" is one of my all-time favorites of fanfic.. There is just 'something' about it that always makes me feel so good when I read it.. Thanks for expanding it and sharing with us. :D

As for your 'work'... Yes, it is very nice to see your handicraft here. We expect more. *taps fingers impatiently* :P :P :rolleyes:

MG

#5 -thecursed-

-thecursed-

Posted 14 May 2004 - 06:29 AM

i like the idea of turning carsomyr into a scentiant sword. how did you think this up? any ideas on how to turn this towards the game?

#6 VigaHrolf

VigaHrolf

God of Paperclips

• 79 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 07:52 PM

MG,

Thank you for the compliment again. I'm glad you like the 'etheral' chapter as I refer to it.

As to other material... it may appear. It just may. I've got a little more time, so it just may.

The Cursed,

The idea came from the fact that I've always believed that extremely powerful artifacts, such as a Holy Avenger would be something beyond a simple magical tool. Especially something more divine like a HA. So I thought more about it and came up with the idea of Carsomyr being 'sentient' Carsomyr, at least Aleria's Carsomyr, is not quite the same as the ever amusing Lilarcor, but has a definite pyschological/mental/spiritual aspect that can be addressed.

As to turning it to the game, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Do you mean turning it into more of a mod type thing or more of a 'will we get to see Carsomyr interact with the rest of the game' kinda thing?

VH

#7 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 05:30 AM

accualy yes. i've always beleived that lilacor was not worked on enough. having the avenger turned into a scentient sword could be a nice mod
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!

#8 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:05 PM

Hi, VH... :D

Unfortunately, this wonderful third episode was somewhat overshadowed. Great addition, VH, and your close on Chapter III has all of us yelling in unison with Jaheira...

?Damn you Valygar! Fight!? she screamed, tears carving furrows in the soot that caked her face. Valygar?s eyelids sank shut and his breathing became shallower and slower. Looking behind her to where Aleria crouched, she shouted at the top of her lungs, ?Aleria!! Valygar, he?s dying!! I need your help!!?

You're such a snot.. Keeping us hanging like this. AAARRRRGGGGGG.......... I've already had to give Bey at least a couple of anti-depressants to keep her on her feet until you drag us back from the precipice of this cliff hanger. A couple of turnips and a couple of raspberries for you, dear lad.. :turnip2: :turnip: :P :P

MG

#9 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 12:51 PM

Goodness!!!

I supressed the fact that this was a cliffhanger! :blink:

Please! Don't make us wait for long! I want to know where you go from here!

Like Minds is a wonderful piece of writing.

Bey

PS: Anti-depressants came in quite handy, by the way! Thanks, MG! ;)

#10 VigaHrolf

VigaHrolf

God of Paperclips

• 79 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 08:24 PM

Hi, VH...  :D

Unfortunately, this wonderful third episode was somewhat overshadowed.  Great addition, VH, and your close on Chapter III has all of us yelling in unison with Jaheira...

?Damn you Valygar! Fight!? she screamed, tears carving furrows in the soot that caked her face. Valygar?s eyelids sank shut and his breathing became shallower and slower. Looking behind her to where Aleria crouched, she shouted at the top of her lungs, ?Aleria!! Valygar, he?s dying!! I need your help!!?

I will admit, it is a bit overshadowed, but I needed some sort of exterior cut, and this seemed to be the way to set up the next chapter. It is a bit of a shocker, to switch from the etheral to the real.. but I hope with CH 4 it will all come together.

You're such a snot..  Keeping us hanging like this.  AAARRRRGGGGGG..........  I've already had to give Bey at least a couple of anti-depressants to keep her on her feet until you drag us back from the precipice of this cliff hanger.  A couple of turnips and a couple of raspberries for you, dear lad..  :turnip2:  :turnip:  :P  :P

MG

MMMM.. raspberries. (Hands the turnips to Jan)

And I know I've kept you all hanging, but I promise a resolution in the near future. I just need to finish the chapter of another story of mine that has long been neglected. (A few acquaintances of ours are threatening me with sharpened spoons and rotten turnips, so, you know, I'm kinda stuck)

Thanks for reading!

VH

#11 VigaHrolf

VigaHrolf

God of Paperclips

• 79 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 08:30 PM

Goodness!!! 

I supressed the fact that this was a cliffhanger!  :blink:

Repressed memories are bad. I suggest that you start drinking heavily. Works for me! :D

Please!  Don't make us wait for long!  I want to know where you go from here! 

A few hints. Its not Bermuda. And its not the French Riviera. But it should hopefully be quite interesting.

Bey

:wub: :D Now you're making me blush. Stop that!

PS: Anti-depressants came in quite handy, by the way!  Thanks, MG! ;)

Ahh.. nix the drinking.. you got better stuff! :D

#12 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:07 PM

SAS comment again:
Good work :D something to help me ease the boring hours with another enjoyable read letting me see inside your brain without the use of a drill

#13 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 02:31 PM

A few hints. Its not Bermuda. And its not the French Riviera. But it should hopefully be quite interesting.

:P :P :P

Bey

Nah... neva :P :D

#14 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 09:13 PM

:P :P :P

Bey

Nah... neva :P :D

Katmandu? Bermuda Triangle? Hmmmm....... The VH Guide and Toril Atlas..... No fair, VH... And the raspberries are mine and you know it! :P

@Bey: You've very welcome.. We all know you can't drink coffee BEFORE ever reading any of VH's stories, and it helps to have valium on hand for, er, emergencies. Well, er, except for that little Aerie number a few months back, but I doubt that will ever see the light of day -- NO PUN INTENDED -- .... :ph34r: *snicker*

MG (Naughty MG)

#15 Kaos

Kaos
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 12:22 PM

Excellent piece, VigaHrolf! I need to read more of you action descriptions for some pointers! And will it be continued any further? I don't take cliffhangers very well! :wall:

#16 VigaHrolf

VigaHrolf

God of Paperclips

• 79 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:01 PM

Wow..

I've neglected a few comments here. My apologies to one and all.

Notmrt:

I always enjoy letting people see my madness. Especially without the use of a drill. Unless I get the use the drill. Just not on me.

Bey:

I know you won't. See, but if you make me, I'll HIDE! Hah!

MG: (or should I say, Naughty MG)

The funny thing is, one of my characters, the lovable fuzzball Viga, is actually a dedicated cartographer. One of the character quirks I gave him to go with his wanderlust. I figured it kinda fit.

And as to that little Aerie number... that is kept in a hermetically sealed vault for the safety of those in the region. Their brains might melt.

Kaos:

Thank you. :) And to answer your question, I do in fact intend to finish it. It kind of fell to the wayside as I worked on another project, but your comment actually brought it roaring back out the cobwebs of my mind. No promise on a release date, but it is coming. And also, thank you for the kind words on my action sequences. I work hard on them and I'm glad that they are appreciated. :D :D :D

Thank you one and all.

VH

#17 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:41 PM

MG: (or should I say, Naughty MG)

The funny thing is, one of my characters, the lovable fuzzball Viga, is actually a dedicated cartographer. One of the character quirks I gave him to go with his wanderlust. I figured it kinda fit.

And as to that little Aerie number... that is kept in a hermetically sealed vault for the safety of those in the region. Their brains might melt.

Well, obviously yours didn't... *snicker* *snicker* B) :lol:

Good to see your fuzzy face, VH, and get to work on that Chapter IV. We need a good shot of VH-style Paladin 'stuff'. :D

MG

#18 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 04:03 AM

Honeymoon is over. Where's chapter four? :P

#19 VigaHrolf

VigaHrolf

God of Paperclips

• 79 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 11:09 AM

So demanding, you two.

And I'll be working on it soon, just another story got in the way and is demanding to be written. At some point between fits of playing Fallout 2. Sniper rifle rocks.

#20 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 11:11 AM

Promises, promises... *sigh*