Turn Undead

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 03:33 AM

Is this ability editable? If so, where can I find the corresponding files to do this?
Thanks for the help in advance ;)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#2 Caswallon

Caswallon

Telvanni Archmagister

• 284 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 04:28 PM

The only table detailing Turn Undead and cleric levels I ever saw was compiled by trying it out, so it's probably not easily accessible (if at all).

Edited by Caswallon, 06 May 2004 - 04:29 PM.

#3 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 04:45 PM

As far as I know, it's hardcoded. :(
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#4 Valheru

Valheru

Ancient One

• 120 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:39 AM

Can you not edit the kit?
Thanks for picture Immy :)

#5 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:50 PM

Another question on Turning Undead.

I want to make a creature who is vulnerable to most spells that do extra damage to undead (IE Bolt of Glory), but who cannot be turned. This would be a simple matter of making the creature type "undead" and then using an effect to apply the "immunity to opcode" opcode for the opcode for Turn Undead...if DLTCEP could find one.

Can someone explain how to make a creature unturnable? Or suggest a better way of doing this?

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#6 igi

igi

IESDP Guardian

• Administrator
  • 1058 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:43 PM

Posting in such an old thread is generall frowned upon.

However, in answer to your question, presuming it's BG2:ToB, you can use effect "#297 (0x129) Spell Effect: Immunity to Turn Undead [297]"

:)

Visit the IESDP

#7 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:58 AM

Posting in such an old thread is generall frowned upon.

And I wouldn't have except that it's the only relevant thread my "turn undead" search turned up, and I questioned whether the difference was relevant enough to necessitate a new thread...though it's not entirely clear to me why that's important in the first place.

However, in answer to your question, presuming it's BG2:ToB, you can use effect "#297 (0x129) Spell Effect: Immunity to Turn Undead [297]"

Weird. I wonder why that wasn't turning up in my word searches of DLTCEP's BG2 Effects file...which says effect 297 is "Script: Creature Non-Interruptible." Is that an artifact from SOA opcodes, or... (in other words, has someone confirmed this in-game)? I'll check it tomorrow, I guess.

Oh. Incidentally, thanks x.x

Edited by Azkyroth, 14 November 2006 - 02:59 AM.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard