Redemption not installing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:07 PM

I just downloaded the zip & when I try to install, the unzip is placing the Setup Redemption program _inside_ the "redemption" folder. If I try to install from there, it tells me "Unable to find the Dialog .tlk in dialog.tlk, Please install from the main folder" I did try manually moving the setup & the debug & the tp, but that didn't work either. Then it got as far as asking what language I wanted before giving me the message that it wasn't available.

Not sure what to try next, and I _don't_ want to keep moving files around, as I have a feeling I'll just muddle things.

Possibly it is Fate decreeing that I do my homework first, who knows? In any case, I'd appreciate help.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#2 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 08:56 AM

The Setup-Redemption.exe and Setup-Redemption.tp2 should both be in your main BGII folder, as should be the Redemption Folder. Try running the setup again with this configuration. Also, you will need to have Ascension instaled prior to installing Redmeption, since Redemption is an add-on to that other mod.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#3 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 09:05 AM

Hmm, tis really strange.

I feel it is fate pressing me to re-package the mod and fix the typos, as well as add another alternative portrait for Irenicus.

As Caedwyr said - the Setup**.exe and Setup**.tp2 should go into your main BG II dir.

Will try to produce and upload new version today.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#4 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 09:32 AM

Hmm, tis really strange.

I feel it is fate pressing me to re-package the mod and fix the typos, as well as add another alternative portrait for Irenicus.

As Caedwyr said - the Setup**.exe and Setup**.tp2 should go into your main BG II dir.

Will try to produce and upload new version today.

Great! Could you post here when the new packages is up? I'm looking forward to trying it.

Ascension is installed, BTW--I chatted with Balthazar (whose name I'm sure I spelled wrong) last night.

I'll make sure I get my sixth party member out to the Northern Forest with a good supply of money & weaponry before I head out to the Throne.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#5 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:34 PM

The new version of the mod is now available on Redemption download site.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#6 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 10:00 PM

The new version of the mod is now available on Redemption download site.

I was able to download 1.2. But--I'm still having exactly the same problems.

When I unzip it, it dumps everything into the "Redemption" folder inside the SOA folder; if I move the .exe & .tp files to the main folder, it gets as far as asking about the language & then says there is no translation for @@ (I'm choosing English, BTW).

#7 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:31 AM

This is truly truly weird... I made sure to install, uninstall and reinstall the mod several times and it all worked fine.

Hmm. Try the following steps.

Run Setup-Redemption -> Uninstall
Run Setup-Ascension -> Uninstall

Open your 'redemption' folder and open backup folder inside it. Delete everything inside except DoNotRemove file (ie small folders named 0, 1, etc)

Delete the Debug-Redemption file from inside your SoA II dir.

Make sure Setup-Redemption.exe and Setup-Redemption.tp2 are in the main SoA dir, not inside redemprion folder.

Install Ascension.

Try install Redemption chosing the language option 'american' (for american english - I dared not calling it just english, because - god is my witness - the language we speak here is not the same as the good olde englishe of the UK)

If possible record the exact error message and email me to ladydorotea@hotmail.com

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes