What Can Change The Nature Of A Man?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 The Amazing Maurice

The Amazing Maurice

Did-a-chick? Dad-a-cham? Ded-a-check?

• 388 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:25 AM

As the title says, if you were asked by Ravel, what would you answer?

#2 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:32 AM

Love or regret depending on my current moodswing. :)
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#3 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:49 AM

Anything and everything.

#4 Longinus

Longinus
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:11 AM

Hatred.
"If you remember me, then you must also remember what you did!"

~ Edge, Panzer Dragoon Saga

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:43 AM

Everything, I'd say.

#6 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 02:32 PM

probably regret
Crayons are the most chaotic bananas there never will be....

#7 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 04:44 PM

Yeah, lots of things can. :)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#8 farsal

farsal
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 05:48 PM

Regret. Anything may change "the nature of man," but regret will change one's nature. Regret for what you have done and for what you did not do.

Maybe I have been listening too much to Johnny Cash's American IV? :unsure:

#9 Barren Fischa

Barren Fischa

Coming...

• 365 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 06:37 PM

This is answered in a cut dialog with Yves the Tales-Chaser. It's Regret, although only the Grey Sisters know it.
Wondering where's the old Interplay community? Well, they're all at Ashford City!

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 May 2004 - 02:14 AM

There's a lot of answers, TNO says many things can change the nature, but I think he mainly goes for belief at the end.

#11 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:05 AM

What's this about a cut dialogue with Yves?

#12 Barren Fischa

Barren Fischa

Coming...

• 365 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:59 AM

If you could talk to her after confessing to Iannis that you're responsible for his daughter's death (this dialog option becomes available only after you get back from the Fortress of Regrets... go figure), Yves has a new tale for you.
Wondering where's the old Interplay community? Well, they're all at Ashford City!

#13 -Guest to the Power of 3-

-Guest to the Power of 3-

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:16 PM

I think this question was aswered at the end of the game.

**SPOILERS**

In your conversation with the Transendant One you could post to him the question (if your wisdom was high enough), the TO says that nothing can change who someone is. The Nameless One disagrees and explains that with all he has seen on this journey throughout the planes, only one thing has been constant, Belief. Belief can cause a tree to grow, it can change someone to be stronger than they thought they could be, it can transend death, it can alter the planes themselves and it CAN change the nature of a man, if you believe it can.

**SPOILER OVER***

#14 The Amazing Maurice

The Amazing Maurice

• 388 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 04:52 PM

**SPOILERS**

In your conversation with the Transendant One you could post to him the question (if your wisdom was high enough), the TO says that nothing can change who someone is. The Nameless One disagrees and explains that with all he has seen on this journey throughout the planes, only one thing has been constant, Belief. Belief can cause a tree to grow, it can change someone to be stronger than they thought they could be, it can transend death, it can alter the planes themselves and it CAN change the nature of a man, if you believe it can.

**SPOILER OVER***

That's what the TNO belives. The first Incarnation belives it's regret, TTO belives it is nothing. In truth there is no actual answer, only the answer that matters to the person answering the question. Besides whatever you would say to Ravel she would've killed you anyway :)

#15 Barren Fischa

Barren Fischa

Coming...

• 365 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 04:54 PM

But the Grey Sisters think it's regret.

#16 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:33 PM

**SPOILERS**

**SPOILER OVER***

That's what the TNO belives. The first Incarnation belives it's regret, TTO belives it is nothing. In truth there is no actual answer, only the answer that matters to the person answering the question. Besides whatever you would say to Ravel she would've killed you anyway :)

Strangely enough, doesn't that confirm that "belief" is the answer? It's whatever the individual believes can change their nature that can change change their nature.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#17 The Amazing Maurice

The Amazing Maurice

• 388 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:38 PM

Yes it's TNO's answer. Just as regret is the first incacrantion's answer and nothing is TTO's answer. That's what I meant, the only answer that matters is the one that matters to the person answering the question. Belief is not the answer everyone would have chosen. :)

#18 Platter

Platter
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:15 PM

the only answer that matters is the one that matters to the person answering the question.

But that's what the answer of "belief" means. It encompasses all possible answers, especially in the Planescape setting.

Edited by Platter, 18 May 2004 - 10:19 PM.

#19 The Amazing Maurice

The Amazing Maurice

• 388 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:08 AM

the only answer that matters is the one that matters to the person answering the question.

But that's what the answer of "belief" means. It encompasses all possible answers, especially in the Planescape setting.

Hmmm... yes your right. I misread Guest to the Power of 3's post. Coupled with the fact that belief dosn't show up in in the list of choices when answering Ravel, and you are only given the one choice when talking to TTO. Whoops. :blink:

#20 -Q`2-

-Q`2-

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:04 AM

What Can Change The Nature Of A Man?

-Chocolate. Sweet, brown, on tongue melning chocolate