• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 07 November 2002 - 10:23 AM

I am probably doing something very stupid here, but I just can't get the darn "p" dialog (the one to do with kicking out and rejoining) to work with my Chrysta NPC (playtest version). She joins the party exactly as I intended (proving that the Chrysta.dlg file must be working), but when "Reform Party" is chosen she just walks up to the protagonist and... nothing! No dialog, she just leaves the party and turns neutral (blue). When asked to rejoin she just spouts some random generic rejoining dialog before rejoining - not the dialog I intended and had written for the ChrystaP.dlg file.

I am trying this out with a clean install of SoA + ToB + latest official patch, so it can't be a clash with an existing mod that is causing the problems. I am installing the NPC mod using a WEIDU .tp2 file, and everything else seems to be working just fine.

For the record, I have checked the following (after reading all available tutorials on this subject!):

1) Do the Chrysta.d and ChrystaP.d dialogs both compile correctly and appear in the override directory? Answer: Yes

2) Does the Chrysta.dlg file work correctly when she first joins the party? Answer: Yes it seems to (she joins with no problem at all and all the relevant dialog shows up).

3) Is the following line correctly appended to pdialog.2da, and do all the entries line up correctly when the file is viewed using Near Infinity?:
"CHRYSTA CHRYSTAP CHRYSTAJ CHRYSTAD CHRYS25P CHRYS25J CHRYS25D chry25"
Answer: Yes

4) Does the Chrysta.CRE file state Chrysta.dlg as its dialog file, and does that change to ChrystaJ.dlg once she is in the party? Answer: Yes

5) Does the NPC behave normally while in the party? Answer: Yes

6) Is the syntax of the ChrystaP.d file correct? Answer: I think so - here it is:

BEGIN ChrystaP

IF ~Global("KickedOut","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN KickOut
SAY ~You want me to leave?~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Oops! Sorry, I didn't mean to end the playtest so early. Lets carry on together for now.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0) JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yeah, you are grossly overpowered and unbalancing my game!~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Sorry, but you are so weak it is a burden to carry you around.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes. I'm bored of you. Get lost.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~ EXIT
END

IF ~Global("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN Rejoin
SAY ~Time for more playtesting?~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yup. Saddle up...~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0)
JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No, I just came to mercilessly gloat at your inadequacy as a potential NPC. Goodbye!~ EXIT
END

7) Am I missing something bloody obvious? Answer: Quite probably, since I am very new to this!! :) However, someone willing to point out my stupidity would be most welcome...

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka