47 replies to this topic

#21 The Leveler

The Leveler
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 03:42 PM

must...corrupt...nalia

#22 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 04:20 PM

I can so totally see Nalia as a l33t dominatrix who insists on punishing the player every time CHARNAME refuses to help a beggar or "forgets" to give all his treasure to the first peasant that is encountered.

In case you didn't realize, that was a joke.

Edited by Rastor, 20 May 2004 - 04:20 PM.

Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#23 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 30 May 2004 - 11:33 AM

Hmmm... I think I could go for some old soldier corruption writing. Consider me considering putting myself up to be considered to write that one.

Oops, I have not noticed your reply. Can you shoot me a line if you do indeed decide to do writing for Keldorn? That will be hugely appreiated, since I am not very familiar with the character.

#24 -Domi_S-

-Domi_S-

Posted 30 May 2004 - 06:36 PM

If anyone is interested, the corruption-en-mass mod is now hosted here:

A Midnight Visitor

Thanks to G3 for not freaking out on the concept and graciously providing the forums!

#25 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:26 PM

Errrr... I'm not exactly a bank of Keldorn knowledge either...

#26 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:47 PM

I am fairly familiar with the Keldorn character and I can't see a plausible way for him to go evil.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#27 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:55 PM

He does not go evil, he goes Lawful Neutral. :) This descision is based on the fact that PC can convince him to send his wife in jail for adultery because it's "the law". The way I see it, and if Mongoose volounteers to write he will probably be deviating from the character concept I have in mind, but I see him becoming "law above good and evil" person, who belives that good deed does not cancel a bad one, and that even a cruel law is still a law, etc.

#28 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:58 PM

never really thought of LN as corrupted, but maybe its all relative...

Of course, that could be the first step on a longer road to LE
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#29 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 01 June 2004 - 03:03 PM

I belive that the step from Lawful Good to Lawful Neutral is corruption, yes. One of the scariest characters I saw in literature was Stannis Baratheon, and I belive it was said about him that the scariest man is the absolutely fair man... It does not seem as scary untill you look in what he does in the name of law; fgor example there is a smuggler who brings onions into a besieged city, and Stannis who is a commander cuts his fingers off for smuggling and knights him for saving his troops... fair - yes, lawful - yes...

#30 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:44 PM

in case your not set on killing Aerie, maybe Quayle could get arrested for the events at the circus, that would be a fast route to cn or even ce.

I agree the horrible things can be done in the name of the law, but the way i think of corruption the people who make the laws would be corrupted and someone carrying them out would just be a blind follower. good grounds for corruption but imo not corruption in itself.

If its out of Domi's scope does anyone else want to make a jan's monkey army mod, it could be based around a stronghold in the north forest.

And i don't see how a corruption idea could be taken from kill bill, they were both bad people to begin with. If anything Uma's killing spree was a very strange redemption, but not really.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#31 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 12:42 AM

And i don't see how a corruption idea could be taken from kill bill, they were both bad people to begin with. If anything Uma's killing spree was a very strange redemption, but not really.

Vengance as the path to corruption is one of the oldest ideas in fiction; the specific image of the once "bad" person caring for a new and innocent family and facing someone they've wronged is an old standby as well (everything in fiction has been used and used again). Still, I was thinking of Kill Bill 1's Copperhead segment when I suggested Aerie's fall; The Bride comes to kill Vernita Green / Copperhead, only to find that she now has an innocent daughter to care for.

#32 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:17 AM

If its out of Domi's scope does anyone else want to make a jan's monkey army mod, it could be based around a stronghold in the north forest.

Monkey army is definetly out of my scope. :)

#33 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:54 AM

Monkey army is definetly out of my scope. :)

That should be out of EVERYONE's scope. With the possible exception of JPS with his badgers and dancing rabbits...
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

#34 JPS

JPS

Knight of the Living Dead

• 205 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 08:02 AM

I don't think there are any monkey animations in the game, but that could probably be worked around somehow. Probably by using gibberling animations and changing the colour.

Umm... that doesn't mean I'll do it, of course. I'm too busy with the Spectator Beholder romance.

:mellow:
<_<
:D

:ph34r:
"They have no thought of safety, subtlety, or strategy, leaving others with no hope of stopping their mass assault."

Visit the Gibberlings Three!

#35 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:08 AM

If orcs were corrupted from Elves, gibberlings might have been monkeys once...

#36 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:40 AM

If orcs were corrupted from Elves, gibberlings might have been monkeys once...

(CHARLTON HESTON)
A planet where gibberlings evolved from monkeys!?!
(/CHARLTON HESTON)

#37 Thrain

Thrain
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:00 AM

we all know that there is a lack of evil NPCs in SoA. although one was added in ToB, the "redemption" of both Sarevok and Viconia made only Korgan and Edwin remain true to their roots.

now i know mods like silverstar and valen have been released, but i think it wouldn't be a bad idea to make the option available to corrupt an existing NPC, changing their alignment from good to evil (or even neutral to evil).

My reccomendations:

Jaheira to shadow druid: alteration of the romance for evil PC
Anomen from LG to evil: he is so arrogant it's certainly more than plausible
Aerie: innocence corrupted (changes to the romance again)
Valygar: his hatred of magic drives him so far as to attack an innocent mage
Nalia: i haven't thought about a reason for this one but it would be cool

comments?

#38 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:07 AM

I am working on the mod, that includes corruption of a few good NPCs and murder of the remaining.

Dead:

- Aerie
- Valygar (only if Sphere is done, otherwise left alone)
- Jaheira
- Mazzy

Corrupted (alignments specified tentatevely):

- Nalia (LE)
- Keldorn (LN, Fighter Class with a possible loss of levels)
- Imoen (CN, Thief with a loss of Mage Class)
- Minsc (CN to Beserker Fighter w a possible loss of levels)

Special Case:
Anomen

The info:

http://forums.gibber...hp?showforum=37

If you do not mind, I will add your post to an already existing thread on corruption

#39 Thrain

Thrain
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 04:52 AM

apologies domi, didn't run a search before i posted :)

#40 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 19 June 2004 - 09:42 AM

no problems, I just thought it would be better to keep the posts on the same topics together. And I like corruption ideas, as I think that one thing that is missing in the game :)