Photo

Corruption?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Efreet

Efreet
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:50 AM

Airies obvious week spot is her wings. (here is the biggest problem. Any plot line with her getting her wings back would require some BG mod god to draw a new avatar for her. Unless the winged succubus from Torment could be compatible. Yes I know it has bat wings, but please read further.) Lets say she gets a chance to get new wings or finds some wing- like artifact but it turns out to be corrupted. ( for example a cloak turning into wings that later turns out to be made of actual wings of a fallen deva).
Would she reject the ability to fly again or would she keep it ,knowing that her new wings could corrupt her? (I don't mean a full possession, but let's say some impulses of the wings' last owner's temperment.) The wings could also attack the people who annoy her at their own accord. Would she accept the responsibility or "allow" them to attack, lying to herself that she can do nothing to stop them and it is not her fault?

Edited by Efreet, 29 June 2004 - 08:53 AM.

Then she saw his eyes, red and mad as hell. And in that moment she knew that he could kill anyone, no matter how strong. Madness, true madness could put a fist through a plank.

#42 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:25 PM

I really like the idea of corrupting npcs based on weaknesses in their personalities, but imo corruption due to a spell ormagical item is lame.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#43 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:44 PM

Thou there is something about corruption through wings that pleases a cynic in me :)

#44 Efreet

Efreet
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 09:15 AM

I really like the idea of corrupting npcs based on weaknesses in their personalities, but imo corruption due to a spell ormagical item is lame.

The important factor in my idea is not how magic corrupts her but how she copes with it. If she knows that the wings will eventually corrupt her but is unable to reject them because she wants to be able to fly for one more day...week after week after week. Even when she begins to see what the wings are doing to her and the people around her. This is the actual corruption. Her turning mad or evil in the end is just a result. :ph34r:
Then she saw his eyes, red and mad as hell. And in that moment she knew that he could kill anyone, no matter how strong. Madness, true madness could put a fist through a plank.

#45 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:35 AM

I like corruption by panties....
Crayons are the most chaotic bananas there never will be....

#46 -Aristothenes-

-Aristothenes-

Posted 02 July 2004 - 09:16 AM

Corruption by Artifact is actually rare, but a staple for any strange personality change in AD&D e.g. Sword of Kas,
Also _MANY_ items from Ravenloft which give benefits for a time have really scary curses...
Take the Ba'al Verzi dagger from Strahd's Posession - makes the wearer if male want to protect Tatyana(and have somewhat romantic inclinations) from Strahd, and if female makes wearer extremely concerned about her.
They alter form and thought.

#47 -Guest............OF DOOM!-

-Guest............OF DOOM!-

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:18 PM

I like corruption by panties....

who doesnt?

#48 Efreet

Efreet
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 04:43 AM

Corruption by Artifact is actually rare, but a staple for any strange personality change in AD&D e.g. Sword of Kas,

Well, the items that have to be connected directly to the user'e mind to work (like any limb replacements) are certainly a high risk group.

As for the sword of Kas , someone could include it (there is no problem with it being transported to Fearun but someone would have to write banters for it)