Kiwi's Portraits

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 KiwiRose

KiwiRose

Necromancer

• 106 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:19 AM

I edited some portraits out of extreme boredom last night... Got three of the portraits from http://gibberlings3.net/ I forget where the onther is from (a little help?) Any-who... whatcha' think?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Sorry about being all image heavy and what-not
Posted Image

#2 Ziggy

Ziggy

Messiah for the animals.

• 313 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:47 AM

Nice, whos the one on the bottom?
Power corupts, Absolute power corupts absolutly.

#3 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:31 AM

Excellent work on the first two!

However, Viconia and the last one look a bit "washed out" in the face. You might try toying with the contrast and brightness for those two (if you were so inclined).

#4 KiwiRose

KiwiRose

Necromancer

• 106 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:09 AM

Yeah, she does looked washed out, now that you mention it. I'll fix that eventually... And the one with the yellow skin is someone's edited one... I can't remeber where I got it! :(
Posted Image

#5 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:13 AM

The Portrait Portal
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

#6 KiwiRose

KiwiRose

Necromancer

• 106 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:16 AM

Yes! The Portrait Portal! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! Ok I'm done. I'll have some more later...
Posted Image

#7 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:31 AM

Hah! I like them overall, but I guess Aerie would do better with a little more contrast on her hair and id try to use the smudge tool on her line between face and hair, because now its a little edged.

In viconia id use less contrast, and maybe less brightness :) try lowering the contrast and then play with the levels. Same for the last one :)
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#8 KiwiRose

KiwiRose

Necromancer

• 106 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for the advice. ^_^ Most appreciated.
Posted Image

#9 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:46 AM

The yellow-skinned one used to be Famke Jensen (sp?). Looks JUST like the girl that I've got romancing Immy currently ;)
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#10 KiwiRose

KiwiRose

Necromancer

• 106 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:22 AM

The yellow-skinned one used to be Famke Jensen (sp?). Looks JUST like the girl that I've got romancing Immy currently ;)

Really? That's kewl. :D I've got prom this weekend, but I should get some more done soon... ^_^
Posted Image

#11 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:43 PM

Very cool. Jaheira looks very much like a dryad ( :wub: )... well, maybe except for those red lips... :)

#12 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:38 PM

to tell the truth, and i'm sorry i seam harsh, the first two remind me of bad sci-fi aliens. i guess its the coloring that puts me off.
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!

#13 JPS

JPS

Knight of the Living Dead

• 205 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:10 PM

Yeah, but Arie has an alien look about her to begin with, you know

Attached Images

• alien.jpg

"They have no thought of safety, subtlety, or strategy, leaving others with no hope of stopping their mass assault."

Visit the Gibberlings Three!

#14 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:28 PM

WOW! That`s how Aerie really looks like!!

#15 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:32 PM

LOL! Yeah, but Aerie's been called many names for her, err, odd shape of the face. ET, The Triangle Face, Dagger+3 Chin, Airhead... can't recall all those names... :rolleyes:

#16 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:39 PM

:blink: gack! put the wig back on!!!
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!

#17 KiwiRose

KiwiRose

Necromancer

• 106 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:06 PM

to tell the truth, and i'm sorry i seam harsh, the first two remind me of bad sci-fi aliens. i guess its the coloring that puts me off.

Hee-hee... that's what I was going for with Aerie, actually. I was going for Dryad with Jaheira.
Posted Image

#18 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:30 PM

Very cool. Jaheira looks very much like a dryad ( :wub: )... well, maybe except for those red lips...  :)

Yeah, the lips are a bit distracting, now that you mention it. I de-emphasized the lips to a more subtle color (dark yellow) and I like it a bit more as it emphasizes her eyes.

Attached Images

• JaheiraNymph_byKiwiRose_alteredbyThoriumDragon.jpg

Edited by Thorium Dragon, 21 May 2004 - 06:41 PM.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#19 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:49 AM

Very cool. Jaheira looks very much like a dryad ( :wub: )... well, maybe except for those red lips...  :)

Yeah, the lips are a bit distracting, now that you mention it. I de-emphasized the lips to a more subtle color (dark yellow) and I like it a bit more as it emphasizes her eyes.

Yes, I like this even better. I think that the dryads changed their skin and hair depending on a season, so that they could remain unseen in the forest... this would be Jaheira in a dryad's summer garb. :) Though, with those flaming red lips it wouldn't serve camouflage purposes very well, eh? -_-

#20 KiwiRose

KiwiRose

Necromancer

• 106 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 09:52 AM

Yeah, the more everyone talks baout it, the more I don't like her lips either. When I originally did it, I was half-asleep. Hmm... maybe I'll do a seasonal dryad set of her... ^_^
Posted Image