Mod in WeiDU

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:14 PM

Hello

The french translation of Epic Endeavours is released and we are testing it.
We have worked directly on the tlk file and it works correctly.

But as this mod has no TRA files, it's very heavy to install/uninstall this mod. And for the translators... you can see.
So the idea is to convert this mod to include a TRA file and not launch the install straightly, like a normal WeiDU mod.

My questions :
I've seen there is a lot of dialogs in .D, and a little bit in eeconv.tp2 ... is that all ?

In .D files, do I have to change this kind of proposition "IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~What's going on?~ DO ~~ GOTO 8" in "IF ~~ THEN REPLY @74448 DO ~~ GOTO 8" for example ?

What do I have to change in eeconv.tp2 to avoid the auto-install and in order the mod take the TRA files into account ?

That's all for the moment...

-----------------------

Sorry for my english...

#2 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:19 PM

WeiDU can actually TRAify files for you. If you run it at the command line with --traify X it will do all this work for you.

I haven't used it myself, so I can't provide more detail, sorry. Take a look at the WeiDU readme, it'll have something there.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#3 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:30 PM

WeiDU can actually TRAify files for you. If you run it at the command line with --traify X it will do all this work for you.

Yes : we used the traify command to translate EE and we have already a TRA file of 583 lines.
You mean the traify command can work directly on .D file ?

#4 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:48 PM

Yes : we used the traify command to translate EE and we have already a TRA file of 583 lines.
You mean the traify command can work directly on .D file ?

Yes, the --traify command works on .d files.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#5 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 04:37 PM

Yes, the --traify command works on .d files.

Ok, thanks.

We're working on it...

#6 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:35 PM

I have something of the same problem. I wrote my mod in hard-coded fashion, not expecting to need .tra files. Well, I need them, and I am not even out of beta!!!! I need them to be able to erase my journal entries. Anyway, I have tried to use the Weidu command to --traify, but I cannot get it to work AT ALL. What, exactly, do I need to do? I have read the ReadMe section on converting a D to a D/TRA pair, but, though it gave me the commands to type in, I have no idea WHERE to put them.

I am having terrible trouble getting my DOS box to let me access my Program Files folder, and the Weidu DOS box I get when I open up Weidu has a big, long section of lists of what it can do, ending with a line reading Enter Arguments: .

I tried typing the Weidu commands in there, but nothing happened at all. Could someone please explain--in DETAIL--what I am to do to get my mod converted. That is the only thing hanging up my official release. Sigh. Until I can convert it to a D/TRA pair, I am stuck in beta.

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#7 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 08:24 PM

If all you're going to be using a .tra file for is journal entries then you can just do it by hand. Make a new text file called whatever.tra and put in
@0 = ~Journal Entry 1~
@1 = ~Journal Entry 2~

Replace the journal entries in the dialog/script with the appropriate @#. Change your .tp2 so that it COMPILEs the dialog/scrip USING whatever.tra

For your DOS box, if you have Windows 2000/NT/XP then use Run -> cmd (as opposed to command) to open the DOS box and you'll be able to type in directory names that include spaces.