22 replies to this topic

#1 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 04:41 PM

Current and new testers please read:

I think that I should point out just what it means to be a tester. Testing is not just playing the product for your own gratification. Testing is important because it gives the makers a fresh viewpoint of errors and feedback on their work. Testing also offers the opportunity to become part of the creative process by making suggestions that will make the whole greater.

When you are given the chance to become a tester, you should do the following:

Make backups of your Dialog.tlk and Override before installing any mods or betas. Always a good precaution

1. Download the lastest version asap
2. Play through what you have been given once to the fullest, taking notes on things that stood out in your mind along the way.
3. Play through the mod once more taking detailed notes
4. Report your findings immediately where you were instructed to post
5. Play through the mod again looking for things you missed the first two times.
6. Report any new findings
7. Make suggestions and comment often on what you have seen or would like to see that seemed missing.

The project lead will then keep you notified of fixes or new downloads that either correct problems or add new content. These should be tested at your earliest opportunity.

Making suggestions is not taboo... that is part of the production process and giving the tester the chance to make a difference. The project leads might reject your suggestions and should give reasons why it wont work or isnt possible, but they also might accept your suggestions. ie: I began as a tester for Ascension. DaveG wrote me and asked for my help because I had tested his Improved Battle mods and stayed dedicated. After testing Ascension in the early stages, I had a suggestion that Dave liked... as did the other people working on the project: Bhodi as a joinable. I then went on to write the Balthazar epilogue. Being a tester gives you a great opportunity to become part of something big.... but it requires dedication and immediate feedback to the creators. Without this feedback, you can end up with overpowered monsters or items that ruin the playing experience. It can also drag out the project unnecessarily long.

So, I need testers who are willling to become part of the team and give the feedback needed in a timely manner. Detailed testing reports also. If you are up to the challenge, reply here.

Cuv

This also applies to current testers. If you do not reply here that you are still interesting in being part of the team, then you will be dropped as testers. I cannot continue like this, I need immediate feedback on new uploads so that tweaks can be made. I know there is still alot of problems to report, but I may need to be reminded occassionally.

#2 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 04:47 PM

I completly agree with you.

I'm still here and at your service.

So...GET TESTING PEOPLE!!.
;)

Edit:

Dont play with one and the same party, play with different partymembers each time.

#3 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 04:57 PM

Thanks for the reply Michel... you are *in*.

The latest version is RTW3.0 and the 3.05 patch. There are also the new areas on Michel's site that need immediate feedback: ARRTW1, ARRTW3, ARRTW7 and ARRTW8.

Cuv

#4 Gospel

Gospel
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 05:00 PM

I'm still in sir, me still in! :)

*purrs* :)
Is kitty :)

#5 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 05:16 PM

Oh, i removed the *old* download site. The only one that knows where the new downloadsite is is Cuv.

The other is deleted.

#6 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 06:42 PM

We now have a new secure forum for beta testers. Reply here if you wish to continue testing and you will get the password. Make sure that you are dedicated to seeing this through... I want to really get moving on this and get it finished soon

Cuv

#7 Mael

Mael
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 10:29 PM

I still want to test, Cuv.
This way? That way? Which way?

#8 Jim

Jim
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 07:18 AM

I'm not a tester ATM, but I'd be glad to help iron out the bugs.

My email is jimmy316@datasync.com (just in case  :D )

#9 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 07:34 PM

Okay Jim.... what we really need is someone to go through every bit of dialog in the mod and find any and all problems. If you are up to that challenge, reply here again and I will PM you with the beta forum password. You can get the downloads once there. But I need someone committed:D

Cuv

#10 Jim

Jim
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 05:28 AM

Sure, I'm up to it

#11 Salvanas

Salvanas
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 10:25 AM

Geez...I'm really sorry, guys. I've been hella busy lately with a new job, several birthdays in my family, college registration, and the list goes on...Not to mention that I don't know WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY DAMN RTW SAVE!!!! :angry: Geez....I did Saradush, Yaga Shura, and Watcher's Keep especially for RTW. (I even named it "Before RTW") With that save, I could venture into the dungeon and not worry about bugs because I could reload from there. But...my whole TOB savegame directory is empty. *sigh* ...Whatever. I'm still in it for the testing but it will take a while for me to give feedback due to out-of-game responsibilities and having to get through Saradush again. Luckily...(heheheheheh) I've crafted a ring of super duper haste and regen to get me to RTW fast. Don't worry...I won't use it while in the dungeon.

#12 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 01:21 PM

We care about only one thing: feedback.

If you are able to provide us with detailed feedback, quickly, on new items we put out, then great. If not, you should consider whether you are actually able to meet our requirements.

#13 Delvar

Delvar
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 08:09 PM

I'm in, but my god damn computer is being a b!tch to me and I'm having lots of trouble so I may be out for a long time, I can try on my other one, but I always get kicked if I try and download, hopefully I can fix my computer one of these days and help.

#14 Salvanas

Salvanas
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 November 2002 - 06:02 PM

You know Quitch...you're right. Lately I've been so busy that "quick feedback" seems almost impossible, as of late. I hope that the little feedback that I DID give helped in even the smallest bit or way. I won't bug you guys unless I'm free for sure...which, more than likely, won't be till December.

#15 Delvar

Delvar
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 November 2002 - 06:37 PM

I can only supply feedback right now on the one new thing that actually works on my computer the damn king strom battle, everything else even good ol shel won't talk to me.

#16 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 01:28 AM

Okay Salvanas..... let me know when you are free to test again and I will use you.

Delvar: I will PM you with the password to the beta forum. You have the tileset for the strohm battle area already... so I can send you fixes for that which are tiny downloads when I get to it. You can come and comment on what has been said there already.

Cuv

#17 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 December 2002 - 07:05 PM

I am a person with a lot of spare time on there hands, and I have a save in the perfect spot in the game to start RTW. Give me a week to finish this semester of college, and I will be able give at least 5-6 hrs. a day to it. Let me know if you need me as a tester. :)

#18 Uther

Uther
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 07:07 PM

Oops, :blink: forgot to log in. I am the guest above. :)
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

#19 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 02:31 PM

Alright Uther... send me a PM when you are fully available:D

#20 -Cloud-

-Cloud-

Posted 22 February 2003 - 02:13 PM

Hey, I'm interested in beta-ing the mod, can you send me the details please?

v45h@hotmail.com