Photo

Online Monstrous Manuals

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:00 PM

hello, i am the cheapest person you will ever meet, trust me. :( I went over all these links, but i didn't seem to find any where you can just download the manuals, i have all of the 3ed monster manuals, but that won't help me with the mod i'm making for BG2, that uses 2ed, as you all probably know... so is there anywhere i can download this, please...... :( I've searched the internet and i can get them, but i have to pay.

thanks NIGHTMARE i guess i'll just have to stick to browsing it, too many different links to save

Edited by Awake, 09 September 2004 - 06:06 AM.

Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Like dealing with terrorists by giving them explosives. -NotMrT

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

#42 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 01:22 AM

The link Galctygon provided, http://mmadnd.chat.ru/MM00000.htm, is the official 2E monstrous manual converted to HTML. If you really want to download it rather than simply browse through it, you'll just have to do Save Target As on each individual link.

#43 Wiskas

Wiskas

SeeD battle mage

• 123 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:24 AM

I have this MM packed in rar, so if you want it i can mail it (and some other 2ed books) to you
Stars are out.. the magic is back

Estuans interius
ira vehementi
Sephiroth

#44 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:27 AM

hey, that would be great. thanks. :thumb: my e-mail is gyssemitore@yahoo.com
Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

#45 Wiskas

Wiskas

SeeD battle mage

• 123 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 07:33 AM

working?

Estuans interius
ira vehementi
Sephiroth

#46 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:49 AM

yes, it's working great. :thumb: thanks again

#47 Wiskas

Wiskas

SeeD battle mage

• 123 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 08:20 AM

Here you can find some books from Planescape in PDF, and there is Monstrous Compendium I, II and III here - a lot of information about demons

Estuans interius
ira vehementi
Sephiroth

#48 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 01:38 PM

Nice link Wiskas, thanks. ;)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#49 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 09:32 AM

Here I have another question about something I wasn't able to find anywhere. I'm looking for information about a creature called "Dream Larva". All I know that its something really nasty. Could anyone help me here?
Thx
Posted Image

#50 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 11:47 AM

According to my sources it's in the Epic Level Handbook. That's gotta be 3E.

#51 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:03 AM

According to my sources it's in the Epic Level Handbook

Well, does anyone have a link to this one then? :unsure:
Posted Image

#52 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:52 AM

I doubt it'll be online, as it's still in print.

Some of my friends have some 3E stuff, so I'll see if I can't find and post the stats.

Edited by Stone Wolf, 27 September 2004 - 12:56 AM.

#53 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:56 AM

I seem to remember some site which converts 3E creatures to 2E, but I can't remember the URL right now. There's no guarantee it'd be on there anyway.

#54 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:36 AM

A link for dragons in AD&D :

Dragons Biographies

#55 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:28 PM

Dream Larva

HD: 40d8+360 (680 hp)
Init: +3
Speed: 80', fly 240'
AC: 52 (+3 Dex, -1 Size, +40 natural)
Attacks: Bite +56, Gore +51, 4 Pincers +51, 4 CLaws +51 (Eek!)
Damage: 4d8+16/4d6+8/4d6+8/4d6+8
SA: Worst nightmare, improved grab, sending, spell-like abilities, summon nightmare
SQ: Abomination traits, sonic immunity, regeneration 15, fast healing 15, SR 44, DR 40/+8
Saves: F+31, R+25, W+29
Abilities: Str 42, Dex 17, Con 29, Int 16, Wis 24, Cha 36
Feats: Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Flyby Attack, Great Cleave, Power Attack, Quicked Spell-Like Ability, Sunder, Weapon Focus for all attacks.
Challenge Rating: 31

Those are the stats that jumped out at me.

The first time anyone sees one they make a will save (DC 43) or die of terror. If they save or are brought back, they are immune to the effect from that particular larva, but still need to save if they see another.

At will: Fly, Haste, Nightmare, Prismatic Spray
2/day: Dreamscape

Ooh, a nice list of immunties here: Petrification, Polymorph, or other altering attack; Energy drain, ability drain, ability damage, or death from massive damage; mind-affecting effects; fire resist 20, cost resist 20; non-detection and true-seeing at will, blindsight 500', telepathy 1000'

#56 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:36 PM

Oh... :blink:
For God's sake, what is this creature?
Could you post its description too...? :unsure: :huh:
Posted Image

#57 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:46 PM

Quick version: You know how people sometimes wake up with their heart racing? Those are called night terrors. A Dream Larva is a night-terror that got out, and they're nightmares given flesh. They're humanoid, with 8 arms, and composed entirely of squirming larva.

#58 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:40 AM

Full Dream Larva stats description, plus numerous other EXTREMELY POWERFUL epic mosters (link provided by Thorium Dragon):

DREAM LARVA

Large Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Extraplanar)

Hit Dice: 40d8+360 (700 hp)
Initiative: +3 (Dex)
Speed: 80 ft.; fly 240 ft. (perfect)
AC: 52 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +40 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +40/+60
Attack: Bite +56 (4d8+16)melee
Full Attack: Bite +56 (4d8+16) melee, 1 gore +51 (4d6+8) melee, 4 pincers +53 (4d6+8) melee, 4 claws +53 (4d6+8) melee
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Worst nightmare, improved grab, sending, spell-like abilities, summon nightwalker
Special Qualities: Abomination traits, sonic immunity, regeneration 15, fast healing 15, SR 44, DR 15/ Good and Epic or Lawful and Epic
Saves: Fort +31, Ref +25, Will +29
Abilities: Str 42, Dex 17, Con 29, Int 16, Wis 24, Cha 36
Skills: Concentration +52, Craft (dreamweaving) +46, Diplomacy +60, Escape Artist +46, Hide +46, Jump +36, Knowledge (arcana) +46, Listen +50, Move Silently +46, Search +46, Sense Motive +50, Spot +50
Feats: Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Flyby Attack, Great Cleave, Improved Sunder, Power Attack, Quicken Spell-Like Ability, Weapon Focus (pincers), Weapon Focus (gore), Weapon Focus (bite), Weapon Focus (claw)
Epic Feats: Epic Toughness, Epic Weapon Focus (pincers), Epic Weapon Focus (claw)
Climate/Terrain: Any
Organization: Solitary, pair, or solitary plus 1-4 nightwalkers
Challenge Rating: 31
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Advancement: 41-65 HD (Large); 66-84 HD (Huge); 85-110 HD (Gargantuan)

A dream larvas?s natural weapons are treated as epic, evil, and chaotic-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

COMBAT
Worst Nightmare (Su): Each time a living creature first views a specific dream larva from a distance of 30 feet or less (or from a scrying effect), the subject sees the image of the most fearsome creature imaginable. This is not an illusion or phantasm; the dream larva truly becomes, for just that instant, the subject?s worst nightmare. Even if simultaneously viewed by dozens of different creatures, the dream larva appears differently to each one of them. Creatures immune to fear or mind-affecting effects (or warded by protection from evil or death ward spells) are immune to worst nightmare; all others must make a Will save (DC 43) or die from the supernatural horror revealed. Survivors (and those resurrected) are immune to the effect from that individual dream larva in the future. The DC is Charisma-based.

Spell-Like Abilities: At will-fly, haste, nightmare, prismatic spray; 2/day-dreamscape(epic spell). Caster level 31st; save DC 23 + spell level. The DC is Charisma-based.

Improved Grab (Ex): If the dream larva hits with a claw or pincer, it deals normal damage and attempts to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. Dream larvae can use improved grab on a creature of any size. The dream larva has the option to conduct the grapple normally, simply use the claw or pincer to hold the opponent, or use sending (see below) on the opponent. Each successful grapple check it makes during successive rounds automatically deals the damage listed for the attack that established the hold, unless it used sending on the victim.

Sending (Su): Grappled victims may be physically sent into a nightmare, at the dream larva?s option, on the dream larva?s next action after establishing the grapple. Victims must make a Will save (DC 43) or be apparently swarmed by thousands of worms making up the dream larva?s body. The victim is actually cast into a shrieking maelstrom of dream where it can take no actions but observe. The victim physically returns 2d4 rounds later, apparently ejecspellholdstudios.netted from the dream larva?s body (but appearing even if if the dream larva has left or is otherwise absent). The victim of the nightmare has taken 4d6 points of temporary Wisdom damage, but is otherwise free to act on the round it returns. If the victim takes more Wisdom damage than it has points of Wisdom, the extra points are instead treated as temporary Constitution damage. The DC is Charisma-based.

Summon Nightwalker (Sp): Five times per day, a dream larva can summon a nightwalker.

Abomination Traits: Immune to polymorphing, petrification, and other form-altering attacks; not subject to energy drain, ability drain, ability damage, or death from massive damage; immune to mind-affecting effects; fire resistance 20; cold resistance 20; nondetection; true seeing at will; blindsight 500 ft.; telepathy out to 1,000 ft.

Regeneration (Ex): Dream larvae take normal damage from good or lawful weapons or weapons forged by a sleepwalking weaponsmith.

System Reference Document v3.5 - EPIC MONSTERS.

Enjoy... :ph34r:
Posted Image

#59 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 02:08 PM

Anyone else find that high Diplomacy score amusing? :D

#60 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:20 PM

Anyone else find that high Diplomacy score amusing?

Heh, I thought the same thing while examining those... but again, would you argue with this... THING..? Hardly... :lol:
Posted Image