A New Mod

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Rahul Kanakia-

-Rahul Kanakia-

Posted 05 June 2004 - 11:04 PM

After two days of intensive modding and (fucking up royally) and then one night of trying to figure out how the hell to make the thing work, Rahul Kanakia's rookie modding effort is here. It is called (rather unimaginately) Potion Quest. And it adds a quest dealing with...potions. But this is a full function quest, a long, meaty, multiple-resolution, complete with one cheesy line of dialogue I recorded just to prove I could and a superfantabulous reward (or nothing if you go down some roots) plus tons of EXP and gold, quest. Seriously, this is a good quest.

It's a tiny one, and it's WeiDu, so it shouldn't screw anything up. And if it does, you'll only lose a few small NPCs you never thought twice about before.

So download this baby and have a good time
Just extract the file below (hosted on my webspace) into your bg2 directory, run Setup-potionquest.exe and it should work.

Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest v. 1.0

The quest-giver is called Jadarath and is located in the southwest corner of the sewers beneath the temple district (AR0701).

Err, yea, and I'm pretty sure you need Throne of Bhaal to make it work. I have ToB, and I haven't tested it w/o ToB. But I do use ForceSpellRES, which is a function that ToB added (apparently, you can tell that I'm cribbing like hell)

Tell me if you like it, because I'm planning on expanding it into a mod of quests that seek to tie up loose ends and better utilize minor characters in the game.

P.S. Download this mod. Everyone who's played it has said that it's totally awesome.

#2 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 04:21 AM

I get "file not found" when I click on the link.

#3 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 02:51 PM

I'm also getting the "File Does Not Exist" Error.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 June 2004 - 03:35 PM

Oh yes, hehe, it's actually at a different place than the above link. But don't feel too bad, the last version was mildly buggy.

Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest v. 1.0

#5 Jarl2

Jarl2
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:04 AM

Does anybody still have this thing? Both links are broken...

Hmpf, sorry! Just saw it is part of Ding0's Quest Pack :rolleyes:

Greetings Jarl

Edited by Jarl2, 04 July 2011 - 09:05 AM.