Photo

IWD2 Unfinished Business?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 11:09 AM

I was browsing through the IWD2 files today, when I noticed there's an entry in WMAP2 for Dorn's Deep, plus a handful of "no such index"'s.

There's also apparently a bunch of missing areas (f.ex. there's an AR5002 and an AR5004 but no AR5003), items, (e.g. it skips from 00AMUL15 to 00AMUL30), spells (SPPR222 and SPPR226 but nothing in between - not explained by spells not carried over from IWD1, as that stops at SPPR218... EDIT: unless TotLM adds more? Will have to install it to see).

Has anyone else noticed anything? Particularly quests, cut dialogues, etc :).

Edited by NiGHTMARE, 09 June 2004 - 01:42 PM.

#2 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 04:52 PM

About Spells (I am aware you asked for something else) --

What I know is that translocation trick, create fire, dimension door, lutzaen's frequent jaunt, righteous wrath of the faithful, and spook are all spells that are in IWD2, but are left out.

-Galactygon

Edited by Galactygon, 07 June 2004 - 04:57 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 01:03 PM

(Casts spell of Icelus summoning)

#4 Barren Fischa

Barren Fischa

Coming...

• 365 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 05:42 PM

For everyone's info, I bought the IWD collection three days ago ;)
Wondering where's the old Interplay community? Well, they're all at Ashford City!

#5 Barren Fischa

Barren Fischa

Coming...

• 365 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:46 AM

In IWD, in Malavon's dialog file, you get the option to give his golems commands if the Golem_Commands global is set to 1 (I could find no way to achieve this). With a low int they attack the slave, with a medium int the are deactivated, and with a high int they attack Malavon.
Wondering where's the old Interplay community? Well, they're all at Ashford City!

#6 Barren Fischa

Barren Fischa

Coming...

• 365 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:02 PM

Custhantos, the librarian in the Severed Hand, says that a rude-mannered elven warrior came to visit him, and that she took a copy of The Ecology of the Unicorn and of Elameth's Compendium. You even get a journal entry about it. This warrior was probably Maiden Ilmadia, since her Black Swan Armor's description says that it was made by Elameth. However, I went through her dialog file and I saw nothing about that. Can you actually do anything with this information?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just checked with IE, and apparently the globals set by this aren't used anywhere again in the game...

#7 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:17 AM

I seem to remember some equipment (armours?) existing in the game, but not actually in the game. I aslo seem to remember Weimer's ease-of-use fixing that, though I could be wrong.

But an unfinished business mod for IWD2 should be made. I feel that there's a lot of loose ends here and there.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#8 GreyViper

GreyViper
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:12 AM

Can it be made? I think there were many loose ends. I'd have to play it again to remember most of the stuff.
Democracy is three Dragons and a Cow voting on what's for dinner!

"A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once ladies glanced at
His special enhancement
They vanished with nary a trace."

Barracks Graffiti
Sparta Command

#9 Barren Fischa

Barren Fischa

Coming...

• 365 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:21 PM

Well, let's use this thread to report our findings, and if there's enough to work with, I can open us an actual forum at Ashford City.

Still in IWD1, I heard that Orrick (the Kuldahar mage) could make you a better armor from the Umber Hulk bits?

#10 talonsblade

talonsblade

TalonsBlade

• 60 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 07:24 PM

hmmmm i agree it seems iwd2 was cut short in the makeing, IE: on the map you'll see places; bremen, kelvins cairn, icewind pass, caer-konig, caer-dinival, easthaven, good meed, doudans hole, lonelywood, but nothing about those places so couldent iwd2 be exspanded on with those places

#11 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 09:55 PM

A lot of those are simply big lanmarks in the Dale, although Lonelywood would be an exception.

#12 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 03:28 AM

Black Isle simply decided to include all of the ten towns on the map. I doubt they ever intended to allow the player to visit every single one of them ;).

#13 Barren Fischa

Barren Fischa

Coming...

• 365 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:15 PM

I always though that you could visit at least one of them (Luskan? Bremen? Can't recall...) since one of the soldiers from after the Ice Temple tells you to meet him at a certain tavern in that city...

#14 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:53 PM

Yeah, there are enough loose ends in the game to suggest that an entire chapter was planned after the defeat of Isair and Madae. For example, a new faction is introduced in the half-dragons on the roof, yet never mentioned again. Then there's the fact that their father is Belhifet (the big baddie from IWD1), the whole Nym thing, and several others that I'm too tired to remember right now ;).

#15 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 10:50 AM

If you scroll down in DLTCEP, you find a broken bridge area at the bottom. I don't recall seeing that before in my game of IWD2.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#16 Petor23

Petor23
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 02:38 AM

It might have something to do with the broken bridge outside the monastery

#17 -Arveleg-

-Arveleg-

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:24 PM

If you scroll down in DLTCEP, you find a broken bridge area at the bottom. I don't recall seeing that before in my game of IWD2.

-Galactygon

That could also be the bridge that connected Labelas Tower (Where Orric the Grey is and where Larrel was in IWD1) to Severash Tower (where the monk leader is being held). As I recall, it's broken in IWD2.

#18 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 02:59 PM

I just checked, and it is indeed part of the Shattered Hand :). You can access it too, from both sides.

Edited by NiGHTMARE, 31 July 2004 - 03:01 PM.

#19 Barren Fischa

Barren Fischa

Coming...

• 365 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:29 PM

For the record, IWD Unfinished Business is now in development.
http://ashfordcity.b...wforum.php?f=58

#20 GreyViper

GreyViper
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 06:11 AM

Wow :o thats good news. :)
Democracy is three Dragons and a Cow voting on what's for dinner!

"A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once ladies glanced at
His special enhancement
They vanished with nary a trace."

Barracks Graffiti
Sparta Command