Most powerful characters from Toril

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:28 PM

Mates, who are the most powerful characters from Toril ? This is not a poll, I'm just looking for an insight for Toril most powerful characters.
For wizards, I know Elminster, Khelben and the daughters of Mystra.
For warriors, I know only Drizzt (ranger) and Piergeiron (paladin).
Any others ?

Edited by Feanor, 11 June 2004 - 02:10 AM.

#2 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 12:03 AM

There is a powerful half-drow monk, the one who established the Black Raven Monastery somewhere in the Spine of the World. He is a tough one. I forgot his name though... :unsure:

Edited by T.G.Maestro, 11 June 2004 - 12:03 AM.

Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#3 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 02:06 AM

When you say 'heroes', do you mean just the good guys? If so, here's a few:

King Azoun Obarskyr IV, 20th level human fighter and king of Cormyr. Recently deceased.

Cadderly, 20th level human priest and the Chosen of Deneir.

Dove Falconhand, 14th level human ranger, one of the Seven Sisters and the Chosen of Mystra.

Durnan, 18th level human fighter and one of the lords of Waterdeep.

Gwydion, 20th level human paladin of Torm.

Qilué Veladorn, 16 level drow priest and the Chosen of Eilistraee, one of the Seven Sisters and the Chosen of Mystra.

Storm Silverhand, 22nd level human bard, one of the Seven Sisters and the Chosen of Mystra.

Syluné Silverhand, spectral harpist, one of the Seven Sisters and the Chosen of Mystra.

Tarl Desanea, 15th level human priest of Tyr.

Tavis Burdun, 15th level firbolg ranger.

Tristan Kendrick, 14th level human fighter and former high king of the Moonshaes.

Any other Chosen is guaranteed to be powerful. The only other official one I know of is Fzoul Chembryl (who's been a Chosen of both Iyachtu Xvim and Bane), but judging from his abilities (immortality, can play any instrument in existence, etc) the head of the church of Milil is probably a Chosen of his god too.

Edited by NiGHTMARE, 11 June 2004 - 02:08 AM.

#4 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 02:13 AM

Qilué Veladorn, 16 level drow priest and the Chosen of Eilistraee, one of the Seven Sisters and the Chosen of Mystra.

I remember there was a Qilue priestess in BG2, too. Is the same character with Qilue Veladorn ?

#5 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 02:35 AM

Nope, Qilue just happens to be a common drow name ;).

#6 -Cyric-

-Cyric-

Posted 11 June 2004 - 03:33 AM

Jarlaxle Baenre - drow Ftr12/Dst8
Artemis Entreri - human Ftr12/Rog4/Asn2/Shd2

#7 MERLANCE

MERLANCE
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 04:24 AM

Halaster Blackcloak, the crazy undermountain dude is a super powerful mage

Larloch, a lich from the time of Netheril is another super powerful mage. Ever hear of "Larlochs minor drain"?

Shuruppak is a tough fighter. You get his armor in BG2. Hes the former Chosen of Gilgeam. Former, because Gilgeam is dead.

#8 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 04:33 AM

Larloch, a lich from the time of Netheril is another super powerful mage. Ever hear of "Larlochs minor drain"?

If Larloch is so powerful, why he designed only such a ridiculous weak spell ?

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 June 2004 - 05:58 AM

Cadderly, 20th level human priest and the Chosen of Deneir.

Interesting item about Cadderly:

CHARNAME meets him briefly in BG1. Cadderly's storyline also closely resembles CHARNAME's in some ways, except that CHARNAME is a kind of Super-Cadderly;
1) Cadderly goes from Level 0 to Level 16+ in just a few years in his series ("The Cleric Quintet"). CHARNAME gains very high levels in under 1 year.
2) Both characters are raised in library-fortresses dedicated to gods of knowledge.
3) Cadderly's father is an evil wizard and the main villain of the series; Cadderly must deal with that taint. CHARNAME's father is Bhaal, and the taint is literal.

#10 Daggerless

Daggerless

Etron

• 63 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 05:39 PM

If Larloch is so powerful, why he designed only such a ridiculous weak spell ?

I'm sure he's desinged other spells as well.

I remember reading somewhere, not sure if it was net fiction or not, that he was killed and his undead city was overtaken by a more powerfull Bane lich though.

Edited by Daggerless, 11 June 2004 - 11:23 PM.

#11 Xander77

Xander77

Freak Boy

• 436 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 02:51 AM

I'm sure he's desinged other spells as well.

It's just that unlike those goodie-two-shoes morons, he prefers to keep his GOOD spells to himself.

Last that I checked, he had a planar spanning network of liches and demi-liches under him. So I do believe he would be a bit difficult to take-down.
Мы должны как раз дать эту хромающую страну к русским. Они awesome! Идет Nader! Кустик и Kerry имеют придурковатые weasels в их кальсонах!

#12 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 04:46 AM

I remember reading somewhere, not sure if it was net fiction or not, that he was killed and his undead city was overtaken by a more powerfull Bane lich though.

I've seen that website. It's just for someone's home-brewed campaign.

#13 Daggerless

Daggerless

Etron

• 63 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 01:55 PM

I've seen that website. It's just for someone's home-brewed campaign.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification.

#14 The Leveler

The Leveler
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 07:54 PM

Well, Larloch could probably take out Elminster. Larloch was from Netheril, and has literally hundreds of other Netherese lices, not to metion hores of vampires, zombies, ect. Larloch's MINOR Drain proably came from Szass Tzam, a 10 Necromancer/17 Red Wizard/Archmage 2 lich, and the only Red Wizard of the hundreds who have tried to get stuff from Larloch. Larloch apparently liked Szass so well he gave him two artifacts, and orb that could compel obedience, and a chair that would allow you to drain the powers of those who sit in it.

Manshoon:Wizard 23/Archmage 2. First head of Zhentarim.

Dove Falconhand is a ranger 14/Sorcerer 9/Theif 4/Harper Scout 1 and a chosen of Mystra.

Laeral: Wiz 19/Sorcerer 4/Ranger 7 Chosen of Mystra.

Qilue: Cleric of Eilistraee 16/Divine Disciple 3-Chosen of Mystra and Eilistraee, and a Drow.

Sylune is a Spectral Harper Wizard 20/Sorcerer 2/Fighter 2.-Chosen

Alustriel- Wizard 20/Sorcerer 2/Archmage 2. Chosen.

Khelben the Evil-Wizard 24/Archmage 3, Chosen of Mystra.

Shurrappak is a Fighter 20/Thief 3/ Wizard 7.

Gromph Banere: Diviner 20.

Other Thayan Zulkirs- can't find them now.

Storm Silverhand-Theif 1/Fighter 4/SOrcerer12/Bard 8/Harper Scout 3. Chosen.

The Symbul-Sorcerer 20/Archmage 2/Wizard 10. Chosen.

Halaster-Wizard 25/Archmage 5.

Fzoul-Cleric of Bane 17/Hierophant 2-Chosen.

Iyralclea- Cleric 15/Divine Disciple 5/Hierophant 5 of Auril. The most powerful Cleric on Faerun.

Some Shades, Aumaril, some Dragons.

And of course, Elminster the Muchkin:Fighter 1/ Theif 2/Cleric 3/ Wizard 24/ Archmage 5 Chose on Mystra.

#15 Mhoram

Mhoram

Dlan´s Great Inquisitor

• 34 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 01:10 AM

I´ve read in somewhere that Larloch has an specil permission to use 10th and above level spells while he continues on development new spells.

Is the only wizard in Fauerun who can cast 10 th leves spells, for the other one´s the limit is nine since netheril fall and karsus first-in history-totallymunchkin 13th level spell

#16 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 01:31 AM

oh well, the clric quintet is ruined for me then, are they all about Cadderly or is it just the first book?
Power for the Keep, Power for the Zhentarim!

Defy me and die!

Posted Image

#17 icelandismine

icelandismine

Support your 2nd Amendment rights!

• 280 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 04:55 AM

Well, currently, Elminster is god. Especially with 3rd edition rules, since the CR gives us a way to compare at least levels accurately. Elmintser- CR48

Some more powerful figures:
Szass Tam-Red Wizard, zulkir of necromancy in Thay. Nec10 Red10 Acm2 Epic7
Note: Has a 16th level spell slot.

Actually, that's all I can think of that hasn"T been said.

Edited by icelandismine, 01 September 2004 - 04:56 AM.

"What's wrong with being a trigger-happy, nationalistic, meat-eatin' neo-con who likes to shoot things, shoot 'em dead?"
-Me

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton

#18 GreyViper

GreyViper
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:17 AM

Is the only wizard in Fauerun who can cast 10 th leves spells, for the other one´s the limit is nine since netheril fall and karsus first-in history-totallymunchkin 13th level spell

I think I read in some hand book that mage/psion gets at high levels 10th lvl spells. Something to do with the complexity of spell and psion part providing clearer insight. Only problem is psionic is not that common in Toril.
Democracy is three Dragons and a Cow voting on what's for dinner!

"A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once ladies glanced at
His special enhancement
They vanished with nary a trace."

Barracks Graffiti
Sparta Command

#19 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:22 AM

There is a powerful half-drow monk, the one who established the Black Raven Monastery somewhere in the Spine of the World. He is a tough one. I forgot his name though...

He was called Black Raven but I don't know if his drow name was mentioned.
Nasher Alagondar, Lord of Neverwinter
Khelben the Elder (Blackstaff) assumed the role of Khelben the Younger for he feared that the people of Waterdeep would shun his leadership if it was known that he is a chosen of Mystra and oh-so-old.
Khelben (younger) Ravencloak, now resides in Greyhawk but was born in the world of Toril.
For dragons I mention Fyrentennimar and there I stop for there are so many powerful dragons (they usually are all powerful hehe).
Irenicus, the former Chosen of the Seldarine
Orrick the Grey, powerful mage
Vangerdahst, former Courtwizard of Cormyr
Ellesime, leader of the city of Suldanesselar
These are but a minor portion of Faeruns Mighty and Powerful.

#20 Arachnos

Arachnos
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:38 AM

Someone mentioned that the cleric of Auril was the most powerful cleric on Toril.

How do we rank druids then, cos the head of the Emerald Enclave was a Druid 30 (Chosen of Silvanus) in 2ed

I recently picked up Lords of Darkness on the cheap on e-bay as well, which is full of heavy hitters:

The Shade Lord and his princes.

The twisted rune.

The Kraken Society (led by a Kraken Wiz20 (chosen of Umberlee)

+

Is one branch of the harpers (the one in Berdusk) still run by the bard 26??