Photo

Most powerful characters from Toril

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 MERLANCE

MERLANCE
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:01 AM

oh well, the clric quintet is ruined for me then, are they all about Cadderly or is it just the first book?

Yes, its all about Cadderly, but what has been mentioned here only covers a few pages of the first book.

Its an entertaining series, at least, and I would reccomend reading it.

Good sidekicks, too.

#22 Efreet

Efreet
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:04 AM

Manshoon:Wizard 23/Archmage 2. First head of Zhentarim.

I have read some story about him that mentioned him turning into multiple copies. He had some clones of himself to transfer soul into in case he is killed but for some reason they all activated at once (and all of them thought they are the real Manshoon B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) )

I think there are still three copies alive.

Shurrappak is a Fighter 20/Thief 3/ Wizard 7.

Why would a Thief\Wizard want to wear a full plate? :blink:
Then she saw his eyes, red and mad as hell. And in that moment she knew that he could kill anyone, no matter how strong. Madness, true madness could put a fist through a plank.

#23 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:13 AM

Well, Larloch could probably take out Elminster. Larloch was from Netheril, and has literally hundreds of other Netherese lices, not to metion hores of vampires, zombies, ect. Larloch's MINOR Drain proably came from Szass Tzam, a 10 Necromancer/17 Red Wizard/Archmage 2 lich, and the only Red Wizard of the hundreds who have tried to get stuff from Larloch. Larloch apparently liked Szass so well he gave him two artifacts, and orb that could compel obedience, and a chair that would allow you to drain the powers of those who sit in it.

why dont he transform to demilichdom?
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#24 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 01:03 PM

Didn't Mystra get rid of level 10 spells so current mages can't access them (on Aber-Toril) I guess

@Merlance, thanx for that, I'll look into it soon :)

Edited by Felstorm, 01 September 2004 - 01:04 PM.

Power for the Keep, Power for the Zhentarim!

Defy me and die!

Posted Image

#25 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 07:27 PM

I have read some story about him that mentioned him turning into multiple copies. He had some clones of himself to transfer soul into in case he is killed but for some reason they all activated at once (and all of them thought they are the real Manshoon B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) )

yeah, in the avatars series I think. Read about that too. Each time a copy of him was killled, he loses some powers and required time to regain that.

#26 Arachnos

Arachnos
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 12:59 AM

Shurrappak is a Fighter 20/Thief 3/ Wizard 7.

Why would a Thief\Wizard want to wear a full plate? Posted Image

Manshoon developed the spell 'stasis clone' and cast it loads of times to make multiple copies of himself. He would then periodically whizz round all his clones updating them to his current spec.

However something happened (the time of troubles I think, but i could be wrong) that activated them all at the same time. They then went on their merry ways doing what Manshoon does best, casuing evil trouble. Only problem was they started getting within range of each other and doing what clones do best. Ie, going mad and trying to kill each other..

Currently there are only 3 known Manshoon's left. The original (that was statted above as a Wiz23, Archmage 2). There is a vampire clone who know runs the nightmasks in Westgate and a third who resides with Halaster in Undermountain.

As long as they stay away from each other they're gonna be fine (and who in their right mind would want to drop into Undermountain to pay a nutty Halaster and a nutty Manshoon a visit??)

:unsure:

#27 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 01:09 AM

Didn't Mystra get rid of level 10 spells so current mages can't access them (on Aber-Toril) I guess

@Merlance, thanx for that, I'll look into it soon :)

Some level 10 spells are still available for spell casters. Only level 11 and more are strictly forbidden.

#28 Arachnos

Arachnos
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 02:03 AM

Some spellcasters still know level 10 spells (the Srinshee being an example), but whether they can still cast them (without permission from Mystra) is debatable (which i suppose is what we're doing)

#29 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 02:46 AM

The 2E sourcebooks say it's level 11+ spells that are restricted, i.e. any spellcaster powerful enouh to cast level 10 spells is able to with no problems. Of course, 3E might have changed this.

BTW the "Manshoon Wars" happened around the same time as BG 2 takes place...

#30 Arachnos

Arachnos
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 03:16 AM

The 2E sourcebooks say it's level 11+ spells that are restricted, i.e. any spellcaster powerful enouh to cast level 10 spells is able to with no problems. Of course, 3E might have changed this.

Could be a good idea for a MOD then, having to stop 2 clones destroying everything else in the region whilst destroying themselves...

#31 Arachnos

Arachnos
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 03:26 AM

And your right about it's only 11th and 12th being banned. Netheril - Empire of Mgic backs up this claim.

However, I'm certain that in Cormanthor - Empire of Elves the Srinshee has a 10th level spell (Srinshee's spellshift??) that she had to make a weaker 9th level version of (presumably because of the change in the weave). However, i cant check for sure til i get home because it's a dead-link on the WOTC free downloads page

#32 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:25 AM

What are some examples of level 11 and 12 spells, what does the spell level go up to and what level is prismatic sphere? thanx
Power for the Keep, Power for the Zhentarim!

Defy me and die!

Posted Image

#33 Arachnos

Arachnos
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:19 AM

Well Netheril - Empire of Magic is available on WOTC classic downloads as a freebie, best bet is to head over there, download it and have alook at the spells. A lot of the 10 & 11 spells were spells that dealt with the creating of enclaves (flying cities), like the spell that sheared off the top of a mountain and turned it over so that it could be used as a base for the city.

Only level 12 spell was 'Karsus Avatar' which would steal the divinity of the god it was cast on. It would have worked a treat for Karsus if the fool had'nt targeted the one god who should'nt have been targeted. (altho why Msytrl, with her Magic portfolio sense did'nt nip it in the bud is a question for another day).

And i believe Prismatic Sphere is a lvl 9 spell.

#34 -Aristothenes-

-Aristothenes-

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:18 AM

Off the top of my head, Over-munchkin goes to Shandril Shessair (spelling?). If I'm wrong, do correct me.

#35 Arachnos

Arachnos
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:37 AM

There's no doubting she's uber, but you must remember spellfire is all she has.

She could easily toast 1 mage/magic user (or more if you've read crown of fire??), but enough magic thrown at her will overload her capacity to store spellfire.

If she fights any1 when her spellfire levels are low she's toast.

Any melee types who gets initiative on her will waste her in a full attack, as will any sneak attacker who gets the drop on her

#36 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:58 AM

Mates, who are the most powerful characters from Toril ?

That would be the PC by the end of ToB. :D

#37 Efreet

Efreet
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (NiGHTMARE @ Sep 2 2004, 02:36 AM)

Could be a good idea for a MOD then, having to stop 2 clones destroying everything else in the region whilst destroying themselves...

As far as I know, the whole thing started when he was assassinated by Fzoul but I don't remember the exact date.
Then she saw his eyes, red and mad as hell. And in that moment she knew that he could kill anyone, no matter how strong. Madness, true madness could put a fist through a plank.

#38 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 12:03 PM

I'm not sure if they were mentioned already, but how about the Lost(?) Followers in IWD2? AFAIK, they were a group of extremely powerful Bane-worshippers. Do they exist in pnp or are they only Bio's inventions?
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#39 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 08:35 AM

I think that the Lost Followers exist in pnp, but I am not one hundred percent sure about this.

#40 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 09 October 2004 - 01:00 PM

Amellysan- Bhaal's most powerful deathstalker
Archdruid of Kuldahar- can't remeber his name
Any NPC who travled with PC in BG2 TOB-duh
Imoen- another Bhaalspawn and almost as powerful if not more than Khelben
Gorion- before death
Aran Linvail- if your talking about power in other than just strength
Saemon Havarian-maybe not but possibly has a smuggling org.
The five- hard and annoying
Drizzt companions-their about as strong as he is
Sarevok- after resurection
bodhi- before death
dark raven dude is named in Dark Alliance 2- he killed Vhaidra and so she kills him
anyone who survived PC must be strong
strong races
Rackshasa
Beholders
Illithid
Liches
Dragons
Vampires
Giants
Demons
Golems