• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:02 AM

Here it is :)

I made a separate layer with the hair, then smudged the face and corrected the levels. Smudged the hair and corrected the levels, contrast and curves, burned a little here, dodged a little there. So... Hope you like it!

Ah, also added some background... :)

Attached Images

• elys.jpg

CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#22 -Wolfie-

-Wolfie-

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:04 AM

*speechless* :D

#23 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:08 AM

:D nice work

#24 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:33 AM

I like the medievalish feel of the artwork. Sorry to hear that you do not have a more advanced editing program - looking at Ana's touch up, the smoothness and shading will give the images glossier, digitaler, less pencil sketch look. Not that I mind pencil, but it will be a bit more consistent with the CRPG media. And *loved* white eyelashes on the drow. :)

@Ana - I was wondering if it is possible to give the eyes more "transparent/volume" look - I have seen it at Hathor's Viconia's alterations with amber/golden eyes and it really gave the surrealistic feel to the image. Here is an example of what I am talking about:

Posted Image

#25 JPS

JPS

Knight of the Living Dead

• 205 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:42 AM

If you're looking for an affordable image editing program, you can't really beat the gimp, which is free. I've been using it ever since my latest PS demo stopped working, and I don't have any complaints at all. The user interface takes some time to get used to, but that's true of Photoshop as well. Apart from that, the only problem is that the name of the program tends to make people think of a certain scene in Pulp Fiction, but I can live with that...

Oh, and I like the pictures. I was sort of hoping that someone would break the pattern of edited versions of the original portraits, so you're right on time, too. :)
"They have no thought of safety, subtlety, or strategy, leaving others with no hope of stopping their mass assault."

Visit the Gibberlings Three!

#26 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:32 AM

Aww, Domi, for some reason I cant see the pic you attached. I also tried to direct link to it but still nothing. :S

Anyway, I did make some touchup to the eyes:

Attached Images

• elys.jpg

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#27 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 June 2004 - 02:00 PM

Wow! :D Thats fantastic, Immortality...is it OK if I use this one for Fades portrait, then?? ^_^
I needed to get the others sorted out, many of my pictures are all 'pencilly' (because between pencils and pastels, thats what they are!) and I know that most portraits have a more 'painted' feel to them. They also need the contrast etc played with before they go into the game otherwise they are too light (yep, stuck some of them in the game and you could barely see them, they were so light!) I'm going to have to master the art of layers and masks then... :P

And thanks for the support! ^_^ Many of these are parts of much larger pictures...but I was thinking about doing a whole set of just portraits - not larger character sketches. Must learn to draw things other than elves and demons.....

#28 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

Officially a Dirty Old Woman

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 02:07 PM

:lol: I did it again!! Buggering login thing...grrr!!! YEs, that was me. Sorry!

The Timely Resurrection of Fade!
Mistress Elysia's fantasy artwork.
Where Darkness Resides: A Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark fanfic

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.

"Oh, little ice cream friends! Thog delays boredom-driven rampage only for you!"

#29 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 03:39 PM

I'll be honored if you use the edition I made! :D Also, if you want more I'll be glad to help!! :D

edit: btw:

Attached Images

• elysS.jpg

#30 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 05:25 PM

Amazing pictures, love the tiefling drawings. Ana's modified version is very pretty. :) :lol:

#31 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 12:40 PM

Ooook. :) So I uploaded here cos I cant upload at CoM :)

Attached Images

• elysg.jpg

#32 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 01:42 PM

:D :D :D
Thank you!! I wasn't expecting you to turn her around that quickly :wub: !

Now I can try to get her portrait into the game *properly*!

Thank you again
;)
Elysia
xxx

"Oh, little ice cream friends! Thog delays boredom-driven rampage only for you!"

#33 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 02:34 PM

It was my pleasure! I like your drawings very much! ^_^

#34 Ziggy

Ziggy

Messiah for the animals.

• 313 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:13 AM

:D :D The big one looks cool, can i use it to edit?
Power corupts, Absolute power corupts absolutly.

#35 Plasmocat

Plasmocat

Incredible, unstoppable titan of terror!

• 1123 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:17 AM

This is very lovely work! I envy your drawing skills :)
All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning. -- Albert Camus

#36 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:27 AM

^_^ Thank you!

Ziggy....I don't mind if you want to play around with it, but since Immort has manipulated it, you'd better ask her too... ;)

:D
E
xx

#37 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:38 AM

Hah, well, I dont think that editing the portrait give me any right about it, but uhm.. go ahead! Manipulate!! hehe :D

#38 Ziggy

Ziggy

Messiah for the animals.

• 313 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:44 AM

:D Thanks

Edit: this is my first attempt at it, just thought i should show it here. Its so much eayer to work with than the portraits, and the eyes are so cool.

Attached Images

• post_123_1087245628.JPG

Edited by Ziggy, 15 June 2004 - 11:12 AM.

Power corupts, Absolute power corupts absolutly.

#39 Hathor

Hathor

Noldo of Himring

• 176 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:31 PM

Mistress Elysia --> Really nice gallery at Deviant Art :) Good you've got a link in your signature! I used to draw from time to time some years ago, some years ago... Now I guess I've forgotten how to do it ;) Last drawing was in 2000.. And never got colors as good as yours. A few drawings of mine if you want to see.

Don't worry - I've seen some B&W pics as portraits to Infiinity Engine games.

Try to stay logged on ;)

As Domi asked - tehy might be blurred a bit for the game, but it is not necessary.

Immortality --> You could't see the picture Doomi has atached because my site wasn't working for 2 days :(

JPS is right - GIMP is powerfull tool, as god as Adobe's Photoshop (just still can't find the brush of history - some help?). As every application we need to learn to use it. photoshop is easier, but some things are more easilly accessible in Gimp B)
I'm trying to use a junior tablet now with Gimp - never used tablet before, so all looks silly :P

Edited by Hathor, 15 June 2004 - 04:36 PM.

Portfolio Forgotten Isle and gallery at deviantART.

#40 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 01:37 AM

Hathor: Ahhh, now i ee what Domi means. I like those eyes very much.. I may try sometime too :)

Ziggy: Niiiiice! Fade the Sea Elf? :D