Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:08 PM

I am sure halflings and gnomes are genetically compatible

and if orcs and men can mate orcs and elves can too

Dwarves and gnomes could be compatible

halflings and men might be

Giths (of either type) and elves or humans could be compatible

is there any barrier making these things n/a or has there been racial templates for these halves?
Crayons are the most chaotic bananas there never will be....

#2 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:53 PM

Ah've 'eard tell the mysterious half-sheep roams the highlands. . .

EDIT:

On a slightly less jokey note, there was a Half-Dwarf package available in the old Darksun setting. I haven't seen other mixed-breed PC races in an official product (which doesn't mean they haven't been made). There were also custom-race rules for AD&D (extra racial abilities got ou an XP penalty), and I'm sure 3.5 has them. Half Dragons have several write-ups knocking around.

Edited by BobTokyo, 13 June 2004 - 10:25 PM.

#3 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:24 PM

*gets his smitting hammer for bob tokyo*

#4 Cyric

Cyric

Mystery is a Lifestyle

• 169 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 12:28 AM

Elf + Halfling (Half Elf/Half-Halfling?) = Elfling

:)
drothilid - part drow, part illithid.
Drilithid - half drider/half illithid for the ultimate Cthuthlu terror
aasimar + tieflling = aasling
:D
I am the whispers in your head
Letting you know you're the next one dead
I am the blade that cuts your skin
That forgives yourself for all your sin
I am the guilt that gnaws your soul
Corrodes the heart to a gaping hole
The hammers pounding all around
So you beat the walls to rid the sound
I am your memories, distorted and loud
That make you scream and shreik aloud
Yes, I make you crazy, it's all my fault
That we're here alone in this cushoined vault

#5 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:42 AM

aasimar and tiefling are definitely compatible. I mean, they're humans, just humans with a kinky recent ancestor.
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#6 Ziggy

Ziggy

Messiah for the animals.

• 313 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:02 AM

An elf/orc would be the best, it would kill both its parentsand then start fighting with itself.
Power corupts, Absolute power corupts absolutly.

#7 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:24 AM

Drilithid - half drider/half illithid for the ultimate Cthuthlu terror

female drider with illithid head.
*gets horny*
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#8 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:48 AM

what about gnomlings... crazy homebodies who are fast smart and have no strength or common sense
Crayons are the most chaotic bananas there never will be....

#9 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:04 AM

what about gnomlings... crazy homebodies who are fast smart and have no strength or common sense

Elflings - Short, chubby Elf / Halfling crossbreeds. Tend to wear tight, revealing clothing and go on endlessly about the beauty of nature while laying around in their halfling parents' basements playing compicated dice games.

Dworks - Short, angry, ugly, over-muscled Dwarf / Orc crossbreeds. Try to get people to take them seriously by engaging in the most agressively macho posturing they can manage and boasting constantly about their battle prowess. Uncontrollably atracted to taller, thinner female elves and bully male elves whenever possible. Rare female Dworks tend to seek jobs in the transportation industries.

Gnelves - Elf / Gnome crossbreeds, tall, chubby, geeky technophiles, constantly go on about "Arcane-Tech".

Dromes - Half Drow / Half Gnome. Constantly natter on about "Evil" while living off of their parents and/or working very low paying jobs. Never able to understand why no one appreciates their obvious brilliance and completely certain that they are masters of manipulation. Angry and hurt when peers and coworkers laugh at them.

Edited by BobTokyo, 14 June 2004 - 09:43 AM.

#10 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 10:55 AM

aasimar and tiefling are definitely compatible. I mean, they're humans, just humans with a kinky recent ancestor.

Aasimar and tieflings are not humans, and can easily have no human blood at all.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#11 KiwiRose

KiwiRose

Necromancer

• 106 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 11:08 AM

Ever heard of the Kender? Some think they ARE half-elf, half Halfling. (Then again, some don't)

Kencyclopedia

And what's wrong with a half-drow, half-elf? I'm sure an elf lady could either fall for a rebel drow, or possibly get raped by a warrior and *poof* half-drow, half-elf. Poor kid would have one hell of a rough life!

Edited by KiwiRose, 14 June 2004 - 11:09 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Cyric

Cyric

Mystery is a Lifestyle

• 169 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 12:06 PM

Ever heard of the Kender? Some think they ARE half-elf, half Halfling. (Then again, some don't)

Kencyclopedia

And what's wrong with a half-drow, half-elf? I'm sure an elf lady could either fall for a rebel drow, or possibly get raped by a warrior and *poof* half-drow, half-elf. Poor kid would have one hell of a rough life!

well I could certainly fall for a drow lady :)

yeah half-elf/half-drows are the real outsaiders (if I don´t count a hypothetic half-unicorn/half-dragon Unigon thing :) )
I am the whispers in your head
Letting you know you're the next one dead
I am the blade that cuts your skin
That forgives yourself for all your sin
I am the guilt that gnaws your soul
Corrodes the heart to a gaping hole
The hammers pounding all around
So you beat the walls to rid the sound
I am your memories, distorted and loud
That make you scream and shreik aloud
Yes, I make you crazy, it's all my fault
That we're here alone in this cushoined vault

#13 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 12:42 PM

Drelf. Writes endless poetry about death and isolation, into heavy makeup and body piercing, vegetarian but wears lots of leather, pacifist but catty, prone to inappropriate hugging.

;)

#14 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 14 June 2004 - 12:49 PM

S/he will be full-elf, but half-drow. half-drows are allegedly killed on sight by elves - out of mercy and by drow - out of loathing. I think it was mentioned somewhere in the depths of the once popular "did Irenicus rape Imoen" discussion that elves are uncapable of rape. Who knows just how it works in Drow society...

Matron Mother: *swoooshes with a snake-headed whip* Do you consent, lowly worm?
Male: N-n-YES!

#15 Ziggy

Ziggy

Messiah for the animals.

• 313 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 01:20 PM

How can the pc in bg be an elf or half elf? i thought elves were all good how could they be bhaal followers?
Power corupts, Absolute power corupts absolutly.

#16 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 01:24 PM

How can the pc in bg be an elf or half elf? i thought elves were all good how could they be bhaal followers?

Not all eves are Good.

#17 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 14 June 2004 - 01:36 PM

Well, it also was mentioned a few times that (at least some) women were forced. And of course there are evil elves. For example Irenicus and Bodhi. :)

#18 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 01:43 PM

Well, it also was mentioned a few times that (at least some) women were forced. And of course there are evil elves. For example Irenicus and Bodhi. :)

Didn't even have to be force. You go to a good Midsummer's Dance, have a few meads, cute guy comes over, butch, good dancer, a few more meads, "So what would you say if I told you I was a god", some wine, more dancing . . . wake up the next morning naked in a haystack with a black rose in your teeth and one-heck of a hangover.

Happens all the time.

#19 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 04:42 PM

Well ToB seems to assume that the PC's mother was a follower of Bhaal, but even it doesn't claim every mother of a Bhaalspawn was a follower of the god. But here's an attempt at logical explanation for the mess ToB made of CHARNAME'S mother's backstory:

Regardless of the PC's race, his/her mother Alyssa was actually human. When conceiving you, Bhaal assumed the form/took over the body (it never says which IIRC) of the race the PC is a member of. His genes, being full of his divine essence, etc as they are, were far more dominant than the mother's, resulting in the PC not neccessarily being of the same race as his/her mother.

It would also explain why you're fully grown at the age of 20 regardless of race - the gene defining how fast you grow was one of the few you did inherit from your mother. In other words, the PC could be an elf, a dwarf, etc who ages at the same rate as humans.

Edited by NiGHTMARE, 14 June 2004 - 04:45 PM.

#20 MERLANCE

MERLANCE
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:46 PM

Derro were once half human/half dwarf.

I think Elves are either one race or the other, not half drow/ half sun elf or whatever.

Im nearly certain Dwarves and gnomes can and do interbreed. Therefore, gnomes and humans would be able to.