• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 11:33 PM

what about Githzerelfs?
random creatures who like shaping limbo into forests

Edited by Xaositect_Crayon, 15 June 2004 - 12:27 PM.

Crayons are the most chaotic bananas there never will be....

#22 raptor

raptor
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:04 AM

Gnarf = Gnome + Dwarf, engineering maniacs, allways trying to decide whether to stay inside tunnel or wander the outside. trimmed beards, and about as though as they get.

EDIT: bad ramchip today:
(I use D&D 3.5 mostlly so i refer to that)
I dont remember where i read such, but one of the books mentioned how to do crossraces like this, i belive it was the Dungeon Master Guide. you pick some of the abilities for both races, generally 50/50 and none that work against each other, abilities that are becose of culture/teachings, like dwarves stonecunning and bonuses against goblinoid and AC bonus vs giants are potentional things to loose. while Darkvision would remain since its a part of the creature. and then discern the other races such as well, if there are to many natural stuff like darkvision and skill bonuses, usually lower the values. if to little and to many learned things then pick one or two of them. not certain how to deal with teh abilitiy changes (like dwarf +2con -2cha vs elfs +2dex -2con =?= +2dex, -2cha ? that just doesnt seem right.)

Edited by raptor, 15 June 2004 - 09:16 AM.

#23 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:20 AM

Half Human/ Half Drow = Half-Drow

Let's see if Drizzt and Catti Brie will have a child...

#24 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:25 AM

celestial+demon= Cemon (yes, its what you're thinking :D)

*Felstorm drops his head on the desk due to immense boredom
Power for the Keep, Power for the Zhentarim!

Defy me and die!

Posted Image

#25 Cryomancer

Cryomancer
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:47 PM

Elf + Dwarf= Dwelf. It's a tall, fair-skinned, fat dwarf with pointy ears and a long blonde beard.
Teachings of a Wise Man:
" Life's not all about your navel.'- Mr. Crowell
"Time flies when you can't stand it."- Mr. Crowell

#26 KiwiRose

KiwiRose

Necromancer

• 106 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:32 PM

Kencyclopedia

I don't know if anyone bothered to check this out... I like the race and all, but all you DMs out there, beware if someone wants to play as a Kender- make sure you know EVERYTHING about them.
Posted Image

#27 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:56 PM

I've read that female elves can choose not to concieve if raped. Soemthing to do with their link and cloesness with the earth/forest. So if there's a half elf/ half drow, most probably will be from a male elf/ female drow.. and then we all know what the usual female drow is like so IMO its very unlikely there are elf/drow offspring. Maybe a female elf with rebel male drow. :P

oops sorry, just found out its a v old topic.. gomen .

Edited by Celestine, 06 October 2004 - 06:57 PM.

#28 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 12:10 PM

Old topic returned to life \o/

Is there anything that the Elves can't do? :P
Power for the Keep, Power for the Zhentarim!

Defy me and die!

Posted Image

#29 Fenris

Fenris
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 04:15 PM

In Dragonlance the Elvin Mother of Tanis was raped by a human Bandit and died in Childbirth. Seems to me that at least in DL Elves are not able to choose if they become pregnant ...

The Rogue in Demonstone (the new D&D Action Game) is a Elf/Drow Crossbreed.

In one Dark Sun Cycle was a Elfling (Elf-Halfling Crossbreed) the Main-Chara.

Other Dark Sun Crossbreeds were Half-Giants (created by a Curse) and Muls (Human-Dwarf Crossbreeds, steril, always male and the Mother usually died at Childbirth).

In the complete Book of Humanoids are Half-Ogres as playable Race.

#30 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 08:32 AM

A mod that would include more races to play would be neat.

#31 oralpain

oralpain
  • 589 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 06:01 AM

Offically (2E) out of the mortal races, elves can only get pregnant from/impregnate other elves and humans.

Gods, fiends, celestials, and dragons (male only) with innate polymorphing abilities seem to beable to mate successfuly with just about anything, regardless of any restrictions but gender.

The complete book of elves specifically states that elves cannot conceive with orcs and suggests they are incompatable with the other demihuman races. It also states that half-elves (elf/human) are oftent he product of war crimes (ie rape), so unless there is a rather significant number of male elves raping human women, this suggests that elves have no more control of pregnancy than other races. Of course this can vary from world to world and DM to DM, but this is the baseline.

BTW, illithids are asexual hemaphrodites, they do not and cannot mate. They each produce a couple of tadpoles, by themselves. The tadpoles mature a bit and feast on eachother in the elderbrain pool untill they are implanted in a humanoid host. Then they go about fusing with/metamorphosing the host into an adult illithid.

Gith (both types) are decended from and basically are human.

Edited by oralpain, 29 October 2004 - 06:10 AM.

#32 raptor

raptor
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 12:17 PM

FR Book of Dwarves specify that anything + dwarf = halfdwarf that uses same stats as dwarf, might look a little different but mostlly dwarf (like human + dwarf would be a tall , slightlly thinner, and slightlly less bearded dwarf in all respects) and the child of a half-dwarf is a full-dwarf if mated with a half-dwarf of full-dwarf.

hmm.. uncertain if i mentioned this somewhere above once.

Thats one stubborn race...

#33 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 08:50 AM

So half-dwarves CAN have children? Heh, I was comparing them to mules in my head... :rolleyes: