#1 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 06:02 AM

Just to answer some probable FAQ

Q: What is Kido and what are his stats?

A: Kido is a CE Jester, His stats are Str 11, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 15

Q: Where can I find Kido?

A: In the play house

Q: Doesn't Kido actually have an illegal alignment for a Jester?

A: That is true, but he explains this rather nicely to Nalia, who pops a question about him. If you look very carefully at his banter with you as a player, you might just understand it as well. I do not wish to give any spoilers though, so perhaps another topic or just ask away.

Q: Is Kido's hood completly useless?

A: Well it does protect against critical hits, but in gameplay it is pretty useless, however just like the thieves hood (which pic I used) it has magic in it, so perhaps... There are more characters with useless items like Edwin's necklace and Boo (though Boo is extremely funny). Kido's dagger more or less compensates this.

Q: Is Kido finished? Why do you call this an Alpha version 2.1?

A: I want to call it Alpha version 2.1 cause it misses some things, which I really want to program. He misses interjections (and some of them are great people tell me), specific quest and challenge.

Q: Is Kido psychic? He says some strange things that hint at that.

A: Indeed a banter with the player and Yoshimo hint towards this. You might say he somehow has a special connection with Cyric...

Q: Why isn't Kido a Cleric? He such a fanatic worshipper of Cyric.

A: Kido explains this to Yoshimo aswell as to the Player. He started his career as a Jester and one cannot dual class this (Kido isn't completly without rules :)). Besides his wisdom is incredibly low, he has a couple of screws loose.

Q: When will an upgrade be available?

A: Don't know just watch this form

Q: Are you the only coder?

A: In principle, yes. I do have a great debugger backing me up though. And I probably will ask some help with some things, as I am no artist and do wish some unique stuff.

Q: Where ya from? Who are you for real?

A: My name is Guido Voets. I'm a 22 year old male, living in Wageningen, The Netherlands.

If you miss any questions you still have, post them on this topic.

Edited by Deathsangel, 05 January 2005 - 01:25 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#2 -Tengu-

-Tengu-

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:19 AM

Kido is a fanatic worshipper of Cyric. How will he feel about Charname possibly ascending and snaching some of his portfolio? Doesn't he consider that a heresy?

#3 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:02 AM

Kido is a fanatic worshipper of Cyric. How will he feel about Charname possibly ascending and snaching some of his portfolio? Doesn't he consider that a heresy?

You understand a lot of Kido, Tengu, when you will advance in to ToB Kido will reveal that Bhaal must be destoyed not replaced. If you decide to do this and tell him, he will take drastic steps...

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#4 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:32 PM

Kido, since he has a twisted sense of humour, should comment on Edwn's transformation.

2) Since he is a followr of Cyric, he should make a remark, if he is in party, when they encounter the cleric of Cyric in the Docks.

#5 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 11:28 AM

Kido, since he has a twisted sense of humour, should comment on Edwn's transformation.

2) Since he is a followr of Cyric, he should make a remark, if he is in party, when they encounter the cleric of Cyric in the Docks.

View Post

:rtfm: or better... the progress report. He does both already...

Thanks for your intensive enthousiasme about Kido though. It really pleases me :thumb: :D

*spoiler alert*

This Cleric will give you Kido's personal quest (in the 4th version of Kido, so not upcoming one) if you have Kido in your party

Edited by Deathsangel, 05 January 2005 - 01:24 AM.

#6 Dunxco

Dunxco

Tyrant Smasher

• 124 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 12:55 PM

Will Kido have any special/innate abilities? I mean, it's not everyday you come across a Jester who gets visions from Cyric, so does he get any further bonuses to this, or is he a standard npc in that he won't get any innate, special abilities.
"There's more than one way to skin a cat... and I happen to know that's factually true!"Mayor Wilkins III

Posted Image

#7 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:22 AM

Will Kido have any special/innate abilities? I mean, it's not everyday you come across a Jester who gets visions from Cyric, so does he get any further bonuses to this, or is he a standard npc in that he won't get any innate, special abilities.

View Post

Kido has in terms of RP bonuses. In more of game terms Kido receives in version 3 at high levels a nice extra, which is abnormal to a Jester, but not uncommon to the game. This is not an innate ability though, but trust me it is very nice and makes Kido even more unique. I am thinking about one innate ability though, but I do not yet know, if I will do it and it certainly won't be there yet in the upcoming version 3. That is all the spoiler I am willing to give.

#8 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 06:58 AM

You weren't kidding around when you said Kido was 'evil'. Checked out some of his banters with Aerie, Edwin, Korgan and Mazzy (especially with respect to the 'birds & bees' talk) and this guy sure has a warped sense of humor and I think he can out-pervert Lilalcor the talking sword!

Edited by Diana, 06 January 2005 - 06:58 AM.

#9 Dark Templar

Dark Templar
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 01:07 AM

And he sure is talkative. When would be the 3.0 release again? :P

Edited by Dark Templar, 10 January 2005 - 01:08 AM.

In the end tabletop RPG's rule, but it may take a while for you to notice that.

#10 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 07:16 AM

Yeah I know. :whistling: :crying: First mid december and then it was set to around the 1st of januari. However, due to two major malfunctions I do not wish to release it (and in the process a few other nasty bugs have been squashed aswell).

For all out there. The link has been broken because there is now another kido.zip up, but that is being tested.... and due to the corrected bugs now already old.

Geocities also gives me problems that I can't upload more than 5 MB :angry: , thus the download will be in two parts. Though I am searching for a mirror site, which will enable an one time download. I have already been given the name of TheWizard, but he hasn't replied yet.

Edited by Deathsangel, 10 January 2005 - 07:18 AM.

#11 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:11 AM

For all the people who are interested there is a discussion about a custom portrait for Kido

#12 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 02:22 PM

RE: Habib

Since we've got Habib lurking around throwng his scimitar, why not have Kido take him out with this throwing dagger?

#13 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 08:00 AM

RE: Habib

Since we've got Habib lurking around throwng his scimitar, why not have Kido take him out with this throwing dagger?

View Post

Might be a nice idea indeed, but at the moment I am rather ill. I'll look into it and the problem of Kido's dialogue with the PC after I get better

[edit] With the new version 3 both subjects (Habib and the PC talks) have been adressed.

Edited by Deathsangel, 21 February 2005 - 02:26 AM.

#14 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 04:48 PM

Not to spoil it for anyone.....

Xzar's death - Kido should say or do something.

#15 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 07:31 AM

Not to spoil it for anyone.....

Xzar's death - Kido should say or do something.

View Post

good point... though I want to change the quest for more evil outcome as well, you do have a point. Just like the Cleric of Cyric at Mae'var. Will take it up in version 4. Thanks :thumb:

#16 -Rastor_as_Guest-

-Rastor_as_Guest-

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:57 AM

A: Well it does protect against critical hits, but in gameplay it is pretty useless, however just like the thieves hood (which pic I used) it has magic in it, so perhaps... There are more characters with useless items like Edwin's necklace and Boo (though Boo is extremely funny). Kido's dagger more or less compensates this.

Edwin's necklace gives him bonus spells. The description doesn't say this, but it's one of the items put into the game by Bioware to get around engine limitations (like Imoen's belt).

#17 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:33 AM

Edwin's necklace gives him bonus spells. The description doesn't say this, but it's one of the items put into the game by Bioware to get around engine limitations (like Imoen's belt).

View Post

yeah, Edwin's Neck is a bit of bad example, but you get what I mean. A very good example is, I reckon, Fonklin's wooden sword. It can do damage, but hardly anything. So pretty useless. The hood has more power and is now somewhat shown in version 3.1 only not so direct or quick in the game.

#18 Torn

Torn
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:36 PM

Maybe I'm an idiot, but who is Fonklin? :P

#19 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:36 PM

Maybe I'm an idiot, but who is Fonklin? :P

View Post

One-day NPC I believe or perhaps one-week NPC. I am not a very thrilled of him though.

#20 Lord Kain

Lord Kain
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:26 PM

one thing I'll be happy to see is taking Kido into ToB. Telling him

"Oh no Kido I don't plan to become the next Lord of Murder, Bhaals essence should be destoryed."

Later at the end ToB. The PC becomes the new Lord of Murder and likly laughs in Kido's face.