• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#41 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:48 PM

* Put the 'grins' between () instead of *'s and sometimes a bit more explicit in order to make it more like the in-game expressions

Actually, as far as I am aware of, the situation is quite the opposite: in-game expressions, for the most part, lack action text. If you search dialog.tlk for Baldur's Gate II, you'll notice that expressions like "(grin)" or "(grins)" are totally absent. Phrases like "(She looks at you with tears in her eyes and then kicks you hard in the face.)" are introduced by mods, not the game itself. In-game expressions of the kind are extremely rare, a notable example being "(A pained look of regret crosses over Quallo's face and he turns away.)"

Still they may be rare, but it is expressed between ()'s and not like I did between *'s. The point is about how to put it down, not if it should be added or not. Though I can see now that my, unfortunatly, not complete perfect skills of the english language indeed indicate that I am talking about the 'explicit-part' being in game. My mistake I apoligize. To eloborate: (Once again Kido grins widely) and (Kido merely grins) are the explicit forms. I know it to be somewhat rare and I know mods introduce it a bit more, which personally I don't mind if written well for longer pieces. Kido already bends some rules. Let's keep him and the rest of the mod as much in track with the original game as possible or at least that is what I am in favor of. Do you think this bit more lively explanation inadequate if I may ask or did you merely wish to help point out something of the game? In any ways thanks for the constructive comment ^_^

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#42 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:19 PM

Do you think this bit more lively explanation inadequate if I may ask or did you merely wish to help point out something of the game? In any ways thanks for the constructive comment

It's up to you, really. I found this thread useful, though:
http://forums.pocket...ic,19092.0.html

#43 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:15 PM

Project probably slowed due to big blow in RL (many can guess at what I mean)

Edited by Deathsangel, 28 December 2005 - 04:36 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#44 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:40 PM

Want to tell everyone that one of the fan's of this mod in development, Kania, has been so kind to offer translation of this mod into russian. I'm very pleased with this. As soon as some of the new files are finished, as new lines are added, I will send them to her.

#45 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:15 AM

Update of Ariena is also coming, because... I find out there is a problem in her challenge; it isn't functioning, as I forgot to add the dialog file of the bounty hunter... no one noticed this? Oh well... as soon as weidu gets going again there will come a new version of Ariena.

#46 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:49 AM

The Bigg has been releasing a few new WeiDUs in Weimer's absence.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#47 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:10 AM

The Bigg has been releasing a few new WeiDUs in Weimer's absence.

The current one says it cannot find my chitin.key file while it is in the BGII folder, so that is why I can not compile any file...

#48 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:56 AM

People I got it to work again... not.... I thought it worked, but I was too quick (I tend to do that when I have lots of stuff on my hands) it still does not find the chitin.key

And euh... a healthy amount of poking stimulates me rather then not... don't be afraid to ask... or haven't I got any fans anymore :P. I know, I know, I clean this topic to much, perhaps I shouldn't, right?

Edited by Deathsangel, 21 February 2006 - 11:13 AM.

#49 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:12 AM

As people may notice I am almost done with version 4 of Kido, I just have that darn little WeiDu problem... be it with version 185 or 189

#50 Efreet

Efreet
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:00 AM

Sorry I haven't yet written that sub-quest :unsure: Made 2\3 of it and then RL hit me. Should finish it soon though.
Then she saw his eyes, red and mad as hell. And in that moment she knew that he could kill anyone, no matter how strong. Madness, true madness could put a fist through a plank.

#51 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 03:32 AM

Sorry I haven't yet written that sub-quest :unsure: Made 2\3 of it and then RL hit me. Should finish it soon though.

No biggie. Kido needs a bit more work then the first new quests and dialogue changes and stuff will be coded. So no worries.

[edit] Oh, naturally I started on the quests as well. Will make with the quest of which Efreet will design the text, two other small quests. Then I will start wil dialogue options and one evil outcome. We have thought of more, however, I haven't got much though yet for the dialogue options, so come along with the ideas in the 'detectives' topics.

Even though I work harder on normal week days, I probably tone down in weekends... I need to get out more... I want to get out more!

Edited by Deathsangel, 01 March 2006 - 03:53 AM.

#52 masteraleph

masteraleph
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:22 AM

As people may notice I am almost done with version 4 of Kido, I just have that darn little WeiDu problem... be it with version 185 or 189

::Squak!:: And I've just started a run with Edwin romance, Kido, and Ariena. Should I abort for now until new stuff comes out?

#53 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:09 PM

::Squak!:: And I've just started a run with Edwin romance, Kido, and Ariena. Should I abort for now until new stuff comes out?

Whoops... should have checked my email box, original first sentence wrong, Kerivyan did react, but will take two weeks or more, I reckon. Need to check if everything works together with Diana, my other debugster. Yep, behind every man their is at least one strong lady ;). Kido's additional things are interjections, quest and challenge mostly. If you want to play his quest make sure you don't kill the mad cleric in the docks district. If you do so, you block his personal quest for v. 4. It isn't a problem if he has walked away, though the conversation might be slighty weird for the first two/three sentences, as he again does not recognize Kido immediatly. Further there are some bugs removed that might come in handy and refinements made. Conclusion v. 4 is sweeter, but you can start off with v. 3 without to much problem and update later by. Just don't kill the mad cleric.

By the way welcome to MftW forum

#54 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:54 AM

Extremelly ill already for three days and lots of stuff to do in RL (which also piles up due to sickness), thus I reckon no progress for a while... terribly sorry. Kerivyan is still checking out the files of Kido version 4.

#55 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:25 AM

Euh... After cleaning the registry BG 2 and BG no longer works... that is a setback...

#56 Soul Harverster

Soul Harverster
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:16 AM

Euh... After cleaning the registry BG 2 and BG no longer works... that is a setback...

Thank you Windows!*grumbles*
Do you seek great adventure? Great treasure? Immortal fame? Respect of your Peers?
If you answered ''yes!'' to any of these questions, you might have what it takes to enlist in...

THE GLORIOUS BAATEZU ARMY!

Benefits include:Competive Pay!Guaranteed promotions! Prompt payment-- you always get what you deserve! Excellent severance pay!Travel and meals(all you can eat)!
Why wait?Enlist now!See the Lower Planes!

#57 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:17 AM

Debugster, whom at least has running BG2 unfortunatly finds a lot of bugs... guess I need to brush up on quest coding skills... However, there is at least progress in Kido version 4, so that you all know

Edited by Deathsangel, 03 April 2006 - 05:17 AM.

#58 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 04:22 AM

It has been quite a while since I posted progress. Don't worry it is there.

The last couple of files of Kido version 4 are being sent back to me, when I have assesed them for what I did wrong Kido version 4 will be out.

Montaron, Kirinhale and Ian have now a .cre file, so I can already fiddle with them around (wasn't it to finishing the small quest thing I was making these last days, but wanted to do something). Ian's abilities seem to be problematic for some seem hard to attach to the .cre, might need to use a trick ala Edwin's necklace...

#59 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:30 PM

Release of Kido version 4 is planned for this weekend!

Then it is on with improving Ariena for a version 1.1, whilst working on version 2.0.

After asking in several forums it indeed seems there is bug in the IE engine and Ian will require an item in order to give him al his powers. Sorry, I tried hard no to :(

#60 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:25 AM

Okay, Kido version 4 is all compiled and though in game everthing seems to work I still get a few messages during installation. I am going to try and get rid of them, so the install looks nicer and I don't have people coming along all stressed because of it or maybe there is just something I haven't found yet... I just hope it doesn't take too long ;)

It is already done :new_thumbs: Diana & The Wizard came quickly through for me. Big thanks to them people, without them there was no mod to play or download

Edited by Deathsangel, 13 May 2006 - 12:32 PM.