Photo

Making a new NPC..need ideas~!

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 kirkjobsluder

kirkjobsluder
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 11:39 AM

The stats seem overall a bit high. 14-15 is still a whole standard deviation above the rest of the pack. In terms of game play, we are talking someone who gets bonuses on a lot of things, and no penalties.

I have a bit of a different rationale. An above-average score can come from two different factors: Natural talent and hard work. With some of the moderately high stats, I don't see the rationale for either.

Constitution: Swashbuckler rogues are not bruisers. They are not going breaking people's legs on behalf of loan sharks. They survive by their ability to evade, outhink, and and outfiness the opposition. Furthermore, I don't see that living on the run would be an especially healthy lifestyle. Knocking it down from a 15 to a 10 or even an 8 would be a bit better.

Wisdom: Could make a case for a low-average wisdom as well.

#42 Ragnar

Ragnar
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:22 PM

ok then how about these stats:

Str:13 (above average)
Dex:17 (heroic proportions)
Con:11 (average)
Int:13 (above average)
Wis:11 (average)
Cha:15 (exeptional)
Magus: "If history is to change, let it change! If their world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!"

Vash: "Normally when you buy an old, used bike, you're supposed to repair it before riding it!"
Wolfwood: "Are you dissing my beautiful shiny Angelina II?!?"
Vash: "I'm dissing YOU, not your stupid broken bike!"

It's all happening here

#43 yasu

yasu
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:22 PM

Yes, yes, yes ok ok.... :lol: still working!! appreciate opinions :)
-Yasu-
"The problem with being a god is that you've got no one to pray to"
Member of Sol Ek Sa, specializing portraits.
=======================

Currently working on Kaiyu Hanamoto, a half Kara-Turan swashbuckler.

#44 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 03:41 PM

By the way, biographies always start in the format:

"When asked about her past, <NPCNAME> says/murmurs/growls etc..."

#45 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 26 July 2004 - 06:21 PM

i did the biography thing already, fixed and changed stuff. and i did start it : "when asked about her past, Kaiyu reveals that ....." :lol: my memory isnt that bad after all :lol: :lol:

#46 yasu

yasu
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 06:22 PM

that was me by the way ;)
-Yasu-
=======================

#47 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:53 AM

I'm back!!! For a good long while (a few months). It is correct it is a bit hard to download, but you have to try a few times.

How is the progress?

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#48 yasu

yasu
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:12 PM

downloaded it today...is it really only 143 kb??

still learning scripting...but i'm still all -> :huh:
:lol: :lol:
wrote up some banters, and dialogue. i got the code for the dialogue when you first meet Kaiyu but I don't know what to do with it...hehe
Always working on that darn portrait :angry:

I like Near Infinity. Its cool :lol: . is it possible to edit dialogue with it?? when you select a character it shows the dialogue file at the bottom...but how to use it?
AAAhhh so hard to talk in english :lol:

tasukete kudasai!!! :ph34r: ..um..i guess you don't need to know what that means :lol:
-Yasu-
=======================

#49 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 06:26 AM

downloaded it today...is it really only 143 kb??

still learning scripting...but i'm still all -> :huh:
:lol:  :lol:
wrote up some banters, and dialogue. i got the code for the dialogue when you first meet Kaiyu but I don't know what to do with it...hehe
Always working on that darn portrait  :angry:

I like Near Infinity. Its cool  :lol: . is it possible to edit dialogue with it?? when you select a character it shows the dialogue file at the bottom...but how to use it?
AAAhhh so hard to talk in english  :lol:

tasukete kudasai!!! :ph34r:  ..um..i guess you don't need to know what that means  :lol:

Nope it is about 2.7 Mb

Look at Kido. His joining file is called Kido.d together with Kido.tra. When you code it you have to right the sentences fully in the .d file. Weidu will make a .d and .tra file later.

NI is not the right tool to edit dialogue. The file you see in NI are files you attach later through NI to your character so the program knows with which dialogue to start first. But you have to write this in either wordpad or notepad and change the extention from .txt to .d.

If you really got Kido, with all the files 2.7 Mb. I think you got the sound file cause that is about 140 Kb I believe.

The programs I used for my NPC were Notepad, Weidu, NI, Corel Photodraw, Paint and DLTCEP.

I suggest you first download Kido 1.3 (cause I know exactly how he works and I believe is quite clear) or Ghareth (he was my main example) and see how it is build up.

[EDIT] By the way the leather on your pic becomes nice, but her eyes stand akward

Edited by Deathsangel, 05 August 2004 - 06:27 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#50 yasu

yasu
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 06:02 PM

Thank you for all the help you've already given. I will be working on this. Unfortunately, these last few weeks I've been having to deal with online threats, insults, and stalkers as well as a hard disk crash. It scares me. A lot. And I think that I've just about have had enough of all that. :ph34r: The threats have been going in too much in my personal life and I don't want anything to happen. So I will be going off for a month or two, maybe somewhere warm like Egypt. I just need to take my mind off things and stay away from a computer for as long as possible just until I feel safe enough to be going online again. I don't like talking about my problems so I won't do that a lot. I've also been having to deal with a few personal problems outside of the cyber world so its not only the computers. I will be back, someday, and I will be popping in occasionally. Only if I feel safe enough by then. So I'm sorry. But this is just a decision I had to make....actually I didn't make it a friend told me to :lol: . My brain is really messed up now, :bash: I'm glad I'm taking another vacation hehe and skipping a few months of school as well. So thank you for everything, and. . . . . Bye!!

note - none of these problems have anything to do with FW..its more outside like on msn messenger, email, and other forums.

:rolleyes:

Edit -

By the way the leather on your pic becomes nice, but her eyes stand akward

I think thats because when I uploaded it it squished the picture because on my computer it looks fine. One L on Still is also missing for the same reason although I did type it correctly.

Edited by yasu, 12 August 2004 - 06:04 PM.

-Yasu-
=======================

#51 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 01:48 PM

Hate to hear this; I had another friend with a similiar problem once. I know this sound stupid, but if ya need to talk once. I'm ready to talk with you in any chatroom or instant messenger, mail whatever ya wish. If ya don't want it, it is okay. I just cannot sit here and not offering help, it is who I am.

#52 yasu

yasu
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 06:21 AM

whoo!! you're so nice!! :lol: I took a 1 week trip to Thailand with the friend who told me to stay away from the internet and who was also mentioned in the threats I was getting. I recently found out that 70% of all of it was a prank some girls from my other class were playing on me :angry: (they're all just jealous ehehe). But about the other 30% I'm still scared :( . I just can't believe I've been making such a big deal of it and I wasted 1 week of my summer vacation that I could have used for doing other useful things. :( :( :( Like working on Kaiyu ;) . This is my last week of holiday and then it's back to boring old school :huh: which means less time for PC!! noo~~ I'm really sorry if someone gets angry reading this. I really am!! I'm too paranoid. But I guess it's better paranoid then dead :lol: . So back on topic: Can someone please give me the addresses to download all the IE modding tools? all my work is lost after the hard disk crash :( :( .

PS. so happy to be back!! :lol:

edit edit edit - too many smilies ehehe

Edited by yasu, 30 August 2004 - 06:47 PM.

-Yasu-
=======================

#53 Ragnar

Ragnar
  • 577 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 06:46 AM

NI
Weidu
iesdp

I think that's all you'll need.........
Magus: "If history is to change, let it change! If their world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!"

Vash: "Normally when you buy an old, used bike, you're supposed to repair it before riding it!"
Wolfwood: "Are you dissing my beautiful shiny Angelina II?!?"
Vash: "I'm dissing YOU, not your stupid broken bike!"

It's all happening here

#54 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 06:52 AM

The links are in a pinned topic in the IE Helping Forums.

Let me know if you need any help, yasu. ;)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#55 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 11:08 AM

Don't you think the stats might be a little.. excessive? You could probably cut down on the CHA and WIS at least, if she's a swashbuckler. Also, I'd change the name... practically half of the downloadable NPC's have names beginning with K/C... This might come a bit late though, so don't worry about it.

(P.s. Dont't ake this at all the wrong way... the mod sounds good, I'm just trying to point a few minor things that could make it a little overpowered/samey.)

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#56 -WindWalker-

-WindWalker-

Posted 30 August 2004 - 11:45 AM

I would suggestion making an NPC with different sexual orientation than his standard, since such NPC mods seem to have much traffic (for example, Chloe, Solaufein, or even the upcoming Dante). Just make sure it isn't one of the common perversions. =)

#57 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 12:59 PM

whoo!! you're so nice!! :lol: I took a 1 week trip to Thailand with the friend who told me to stay away from the internet and who was also mentioned in the threatenings I was getting. I recently found out that 70% of all of it was a prank some girls from my other class were playing on me :angry: (they're all just jealous ehehe). But about the other 30% I'm still scared :( . I just can't believe I've been making such a big deal of it and I wasted 1 week of my summer vacation that I could have used for doing other useful things. :( :( :( Like working on Kaiyu ;) . This is my last week of holiday and then it's back to boring old school :huh: which means less time for PC!! noo~~ I'm really sorry if someone gets angry reading this. I really am!! I'm too paranoid. But I guess it's better paranoid then dead :lol: . So back on topic: Can someone please give me the addresses to download all the IE modding tools? all my work is lost after the hard disk crash :( :( .

PS. so happy to be back!! :lol:

edit edit edit - too many smilies ehehe

Very happy your back. Another tip, I also have problems with harddrives sometimes. However I've got two. One with windows and Norton and stuff. The other with games and my mod in making. Only the first one crashes all the time never the second. You never loose anything that way.

#58 yasu

yasu
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:58 PM

Very happy your back. Another tip, I also have problems with harddrives sometimes. However I've got two. One with windows and Norton and stuff. The other with games and my mod in making. Only the first one crashes all the time never the second. You never loose anything that way.

If I was rich enough don't you think I would have done the same? :lol: :lol:
Thank you everybody for the links!!
I just realized that Kaiyu seems very similar to me :blink: :wacko: Now that is scary. I'm putting myself in the game :lol:
-Yasu-
=======================

#59 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 04:05 AM

Heh, isn't that what all role-players do? It'll just make Kaiyu a lot more realistic, Yasu. And more human, as well. :D B)
Oh, and by the way, awfully glad you're back. Like SConrad, if there's anything I can do to help... :)

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#60 yasu

yasu
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:49 AM

Thank you so much!! :lol:

I can't believe it myself, but today, :blink: :blink: I GOT KAIYU TO JOIN THE PARTY AND THE JOINING DIALOG TO WORK!!! :lol: :lol: omg!! Yay!! Yes, yes, I know this is probably one of the easiest things to do but, me, I'm so happy!! :D

Thank you so much dragon_lord!!

By the way,

I would suggestion making an NPC with different sexual orientation than his standard, since such NPC mods seem to have much traffic (for example, Chloe, Solaufein, or even the upcoming Dante). Just make sure it isn't one of the common perversions. =)

No :P

Edited by yasu, 05 September 2004 - 05:50 AM.

-Yasu-
=======================