44 replies to this topic

#41 oralpain

oralpain
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 09:55 PM

I didn't find it all that hard.

#42 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:17 AM

May I ask at what level? He slaughtered my mid-teens party in about ten seconds.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#43 oralpain

oralpain
  • 589 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 03:48 PM

Levels 10-15.

I just reinstalled the game to try it again, loaded my old save right before the fight. Still wasn't all that hard, even though I had forgotten what most of my spells did. Was a rather long fight though.

I made a huge number of mistakes, but still could have beaten it with just Dakon and TNO. Both of them are totaly lethal.

I also was limited to about 11 frames persecond, wich sucked. I was recording the fight with FRAPs, and with no 3d acceleration everything is done with the cpu and that really bogs things down, even on a 2.7GHz A64.

I'll put the video on an ftp server. PM me for the ip if you like.

Gonna try it again with just TNO (9th level fighter, 10th level thief, 15th levle mage, active class mage).

Update: Killed him with TNO and no asistance from anyone else (though I used a pile of blood and heart charms, and the demon got distracted and followed the rest of the party once), took 22 minutes. Was rough.

I think it'd be much easier with just Dakon. He's got a -8 AC and I can get tehat into the negative double digits without much trouble. He's also better in melee.

Edited by oralpain, 24 December 2005 - 04:54 PM.

#44 Drew

Drew
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:16 PM

Is everyone really saying that the Box demon is too easy?

Heck no. That demon was easily harder than TTO. (If only because your levels are lower when you face it.)
People who use, have once used, or ever intend to use the word "ginormous" in the future should be shot. They needn't be killed, though. Just shot.

#45 oralpain

oralpain
  • 589 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 09:43 PM

I just wish it could do something besides move directly towrd you and try to whack you. It's a very boring fight. Then again, most of them are.