• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 The Amazing Maurice

The Amazing Maurice

Did-a-chick? Dad-a-cham? Ded-a-check?

• 388 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:19 AM

Once again *SPOILERS* :lol:

As the title says which part of the game is your fav?

I can't decide between the revelation and facing Bastilla on the Star Forge.

#2 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:33 AM

The revelation was awesome! I actually held my breath from "You still haven't figured out?" until the masks falls. AWESOME!!

What I liked as well -- it's more gameplay related, tho -- was the fact that you could pick one of the NPCs to free the trio on the Leviathan. That was a very good idea.

#3 The Amazing Maurice

The Amazing Maurice

• 388 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:39 AM

I guessed what the twist would be due to Saul's dialouges in the torture room and then again when he dies - but it was still great.

As you say the choosing the NPC was great as well - If you choose Jolee he still isn't dressed by the time the Ebon Hawk takes off :lol:

#4 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:55 AM

I don't have a favorite part but I do have the part I hated to most. The ending I didn't want it to end
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#5 Melkor

Melkor

He Who Lurks

• 105 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 04:41 AM

The revelation. It never dawned on me that I was Revan. I just thought Revan was a through character they stuck in there to give a reason why Malak was in control.
Chosen of Mystra Mod Forums Home to great BG and IWD mods
The Frozen North Forums IWD, NWN, KotOR discussion

#6 Cryomancer

Cryomancer
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 06:55 AM

Facing Bastila on the Star Forge was pretty interesting, but I'd have to say my favorite part was the Revelation and the fight with Malak on the Leviathan. I had a feeling about the Revelation, but I really didn't expect Malak to show up and tell me on the Leviathan, at the most inopportune time.
Oh, and as far as the evil path goes, the best part was the confrontation with your NPCs. I slaughtered Mission, Zaalbar, Juhani and Jolee. I felt guilty about killing the jedi though...evil just isn't in my nature, and that was just plain EVIL.
Teachings of a Wise Man:
" Life's not all about your navel.'- Mr. Crowell
"Time flies when you can't stand it."- Mr. Crowell

#7 Tancred

Tancred

Hapless Paladin

• 209 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 12:37 PM

I really liked the Leviathan in general. It really felt like classic Star Wars. Running through the corridors of a starship, saber-fighting sith, shooting troopers, disabling the baddie ship so we can escape, the traditional shoot-the-fighters bit as we escape, the communication between the two 'groups' of characters achieving different goals, the clash with the all-powerful baddie and the noble sacrifice of a team-mate. All the better because at the time I had no idea it was coming! For me the game really didn't get going until this bit.

Edited by Tancred, 25 June 2004 - 12:38 PM.

#8 The Amazing Maurice

The Amazing Maurice

• 388 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:05 PM

Oh, and as far as the evil path goes, the best part was the confrontation with your NPCs. I slaughtered Mission, Zaalbar, Juhani and Jolee. I felt guilty about killing the jedi though...evil just isn't in my nature, and that was just plain EVIL.

IMHO Killing Mission is "the" evil act in the game.

Or getting Big Z to do your dirty work for you :lol:

#9 Cryomancer

Cryomancer
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:15 PM

I never had very good persuade, because I was a very combat oriented force-user. So I just killed him too. It was actually pathetically easy :P
Teachings of a Wise Man:
" Life's not all about your navel.'- Mr. Crowell
"Time flies when you can't stand it."- Mr. Crowell

#10 Mr Ennigma

Mr Ennigma
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:08 PM

I'd have to say the revelation. I actually sat in my chair for a few minutes muttering "No way". Even worse I had a friend come over the next day who wasn't as far along as I was and it took all my willpower not to tell him. Ultimately I was just happy you could actually do evil things, really evil things.
Noble ends are not always reached by noble means...

If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable.

Fade Dlardrageth Mod; some thievin' and some lovin' all rolled into one...
Discover her here.

#11 Arian

Arian

One of Tashia's personal pets

• Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 05:22 AM

Hard to say what the most favorite part of the game was for me... The whole game is pretty outstanding. I saw the revelation coming a mile away though, so it wasn't that surprising for me. It was pretty obvious after the hints Saul dropped on the Leviathan. On the other hand when Bastia finally showed up wearing the robes of the Dark Jedi Master on the Unknown Planet, I was sitting there going "aww damn...". I saw it coming too of course, just didn't want it to happen. :X I'm a softie, I know. But! I had Persuasion skill of like 23, so convincing her to turn back to the light side was cake. I was like, hey baby. She was like... Revan!! Omg! /turns back to the light side. B)

One of me favorite parts of the game was the cutscene where Malak is standing without his jaw, then turns around scaring the admiral.

"The very identity of every reasoning being is defined by the language, the communication between that being and others around it." -- Drizzt Do'Urden (R.A. Salvatore, "Exile")

#12 The Masked Marionette

The Masked Marionette
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 02:07 PM

Mmm. The revelation was fantastic. It was one of those awesome video game moments that's so kool it gets me heart racing. I could barely talk, heh.

It was quite funny 'cause it'd started to creep up on me all whilst Malak was talking, and all through the flashbacks I was like "OMG! I was right! OMG!"

I really enjoyed the early banters with Carth, too. Especially throwing insults at him just so he could scoff and make me want to try harder. That was fun. ^_^
The final curtain will fall...

#13 Sha'la

Sha'la
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 05:41 AM

o.o am i the only one who realized from the first cutsceen that revan was you? I was depressed because I joined the game wanting to play a descendant of the Sunrider family, only to find out I can't because of some stupid plot! :(

#14 The Amazing Maurice

The Amazing Maurice

• 388 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 03:33 PM

Batilla was originally going to be a Sunrider :D

#15 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 10:12 PM

In the hunting lodge on Tatooine, usign dominate mind to force the old guy not to talk. Sickeningly evil, but facinating.

#16 Sha'la

Sha'la
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 05:29 AM

really Bastila was gonna be a sunrider? Who? Vima's daughter? Nomi have a 2nd kid? Vima Sunrider herself? oh wait can't be vima :( vima'd be like .... 55-65 years old by then.

#17 The Amazing Maurice

The Amazing Maurice

• 388 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 09:54 AM

http://www.starwars....ilashan/?id=bts

#18 -Seph-

-Seph-

Posted 08 March 2005 - 07:52 PM

Using force dominate to make Zaalbar honor his lifedebt and kill Mission. I laughed for a good five minutes.
The conversations with HK-47 were all good.

Also, the Bastila romance and turning her back from the dark side.

Yes, I'm referring to multiple plays through.