Malak

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: You know you want to vote cool (34 member(s) have cast votes)

You know you want to vote cool

1. Cool (22 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

2. Bad (12 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Anesthesya

Anesthesya
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:44 AM

I know this is kinda late, but I found the explanation for Malaks jaw on starwars.com

Malak was a tall human who was horridly injured in a lightsaber duel. A swipe from a laser sword severed his lower jaw, and Malak was forced to wear a metallic jaw guard that hid his disfigurement from view. The guard also included a vocoder, through which Malak spoke with an eerie metallic tone.

#42 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 11:58 PM

i didnt like vader at all. the imperator is way cooler. :^^:
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#43 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:36 AM

while I watched the star wars movies again the other day I realised how annoying it must have been for the guy in the vader suit. I mean all he does is wave his hands around and sway his head and he gets shit all recognition, yet look at all the fame the good guys got! And vader is probably one of the most popular or well know baddies in any movie.

Also I think malak was tough enough, but I think the idea may have been that you can actually beat him without too much effort, showing that you ARE stronger then him.

One last thing, in KOtoR 2, does the new storyline assume that the player followed the dark side in the first one?

Edited by Tom, 26 October 2004 - 01:37 AM.

Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#44 Cícero

Cícero
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:10 PM

Malak IS cool. About that there can be no doubt.

However, I must say that his personality is WAY more cool than his looks. (Resume the bombardment, admiral. Wipe this pathethic planet form the face of the galaxy!).
And, As cool as Malak is, It is not enough to surpass Vader, or, as some have said, Maul.

As someone said before, malak is just the SECOND best. <insert maniacal laughter here>

#45 Deglorath

Deglorath
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 02:52 PM

while I watched the star wars movies again the other day I realised how annoying it must have been for the guy in the vader suit. I mean all he does is wave his hands around and sway his head and he gets shit all recognition, yet look at all the fame the good guys got! And vader is probably one of the most popular or well know baddies in any movie.

Also I think malak was tough enough, but I think the idea may have been that you can actually beat him without too much effort, showing that you ARE stronger then him.

One last thing, in KOtoR 2, does the new storyline assume that the player followed the dark side in the first one?

View Post

In Kotor 2, YOU decide which way Revan went.. until the bugs start affecting banter and everyone calls Raven he, even if you claimed Revan was a she. -___-
But yeah, it's still a good game.

#46 -joe nothin-

-joe nothin-

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:40 AM

[quote name='Deglorath' date='Dec 25 2004, 02:42 PM']
[quote name='Tom' date='Oct 26 2004, 09:26 AM']while I watched the star wars movies again the other day I realised how annoying it must have been for the guy in the vader suit. I mean all he does is wave his hands around and sway his head and he gets shit all recognition, yet look at all the fame the good guys got! And vader is probably one of the most popular or well know baddies in any movie.
[right]View Post[/right]
[/quote]

actually, there is a guy like that. it was some german guy, that also talked, but the lucas used james erl jones voice. that guy was really pissed, and didn want to do vader in the next cople of movies, but lucas promised him that in return of the jedi he will get to show his face, and every one will know him. so they shot the scene, with the german guy, but lucas didn like it, so he shot it with a different guy, who we all know as vader, in that final scene, when luke holds him. and until this day, this german guy goes around from star wars can to star wars con, trying to convince people that he is vader, but no one belives him.

#47 -Tetsuwan Geno-

-Tetsuwan Geno-

Posted 15 January 2005 - 10:57 PM

:huh: Oof. That would be annoying..

Anyway, I found Malak to be quite a homicidal thorn in my side until I was abducted onto the Leviathan.

(MORE SPOILERS!! RUN AWAY!!!)

At that point, I became so strong that with a few Improved Flurries I could take on any amount of pathetic dark Jedi the Sith sent after me, so after a while I just wanted to stop killing and start FIGHTING. I mean, talk about wasteful! Sending all those potential Sith Lords killed in their prime because Malak was too lazy to get off the freakin' bridge himself to meet me!

Well, anyway, so I eventually met him in the walkways, (FINALLY!) and then he says 'Hi! I hate you! I tried to kill you before, but surely I can outdo the force of the explosion that failed to kill you! Oh, and by the way, you're the previous badguy everyone keeps mentioning. So die now.' Gods, that was a twist! (Either that or I'm completely gulliable and oblivious. Probably the later.) Well, after a few moments of social awkwardness, ('Uh.. Carth.. I.. REALLY didn't mean to betray your trust- so.. um.. It's not really my fault that in being truthful NOW I'd betray you.. uh.. AGAIN..') I became REALLY geared up against Malak. I mean, it was bad enough fighting some mean ol' Sith Lord- but finding out that he was YOUR apprentice, and therefore YOUR fault.. Oof, that one stung. I remember waking up the next morning still in awe of the plot twist. :o

Anyway, at that point I felt he was an honorable opponent- but when I finally did take him on, he was underwhelming in terms of strength or threat. I feel that while his NPC suffered in credability as a villain, his character had great potential and would have been quite formidable if he was further defined.

:whistling: All in all though, Sephiroth was the best antagonist of all time. :devil:

#48 Ashigaru

Ashigaru
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:42 PM

Malek wasn?t on the ship to begin with. He arrived right before you were going to leave. I didn't expect the plot twist either, make you feel dumb when they show all the clues you should have picked up on. I think the ship was supposed to be the cinematic mowing through of people, notice exp took a sharp plunge.

#49 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:44 PM

actually, there is a guy like that. it was some german guy, that also talked, but the lucas used james erl jones voice. that guy was really pissed, and didn want to do vader in the next cople of movies, but lucas promised him that in return of the jedi he will get to show his face, and every one will know him. so they shot the scene, with the german guy, but lucas didn like it, so he shot it with a different guy,  who we all know as vader, in that final scene, when luke holds him. and until this day, this german guy goes around from star wars can to star wars con, trying to convince people that he is vader, but no one belives him.

View Post

except that according to the making of star wars in the trilogy dvd set, the guy was irish or welsh...so the guy talked to the actors with some brit accent, so to this day they still think of vader as from the east end... :rolleyes:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#50 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:56 PM

*SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT*

I haven't read all three pages so you must excuse me if I repeat something.

I vote for bad, because for me, Malak is a new Vader in different clothes. Why-oh-why is it suddenly common for Sith Lords to have some wound in the face leaving them to depend upon the power of a machine? And why do Sith Lords have to speak strange? (Okay Darth Nihilus' voice was cool, can't argue there... But still, I mean... Malak was not very original)

Actually, the only point where I saw some original charachter creation in Malak was when he was still good, and he and Revan were about to find the star forge for the first time...
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee