Photo

Weirdest characters you've made

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Cryomancer

Cryomancer
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 02:54 PM

I would just like to know, what's everyone's weirdest character they've made? My weirdest character ever is a 50 year old 3 foot tall warrior nun with an attitude named Sister Pain. She's a fighter cleric that uses a greatmace, and wears the traditional garb of nuns (that we're all familiar with anyway). Her only character flaw (besides an attitude) is that she is incapable of telling any form of a lie. In fact, sometimes she might just blurt out what's on her mind. Like one time we were in this tavern full of nasty looking people. Some disgusting half-orc sidled up to her and started hitting on her, and she clunked him with her mace and said "Dang, man, you just NAASTY!" And that started a bar brawl...
Teachings of a Wise Man:
" Life's not all about your navel.'- Mr. Crowell
"Time flies when you can't stand it."- Mr. Crowell

#2 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 03:30 PM

Am I the only one who creates normal characters? :wacko: :huh:

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#3 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 03:46 PM

A vampire character something like Wiemer's Valen. The only weapons she had were "claws" that did level drain 10% of the time a successful hit and 1 point healed to my character on each successful hit. I guess you could say that was the best way I could simulate blood drinking.

I also did something like this for a PnP game I played.

Edited by Gabrielle, 28 June 2004 - 03:48 PM.

For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#4 Shaded Mazoku

Shaded Mazoku
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:39 PM

I played, and still do when I have my friends in the area, as a chaotic neutral tiefling cleric of the god of pain who runs around our little fantasy world in drag. His weapon of choice is a cat-o'-nine-tails or his fangs, depending on whether he has a good or a bad day, and he hears voices in his head. He's a very fun character to play.

I also play an insane elven necromancer who prances around the land in a tattered wedding dress, followed by his loyal army of zombie children and animated dolls.

#5 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:49 PM

I think that could be done in BGII or a tc.... the tattered wedding dress necromancer thing
Crayons are the most chaotic bananas there never will be....

#6 Shaded Mazoku

Shaded Mazoku
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:00 PM

I'd love to make a mod out of some of my characters, but not only do I have no real mod skills, but the BG universe already have an insane necromancer. Although Xzar never wore a wedding dress that I know of.

#7 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:27 PM

besides... we need a good necro

you could make a minsc esque necro similar to that? except more intellegent

#8 Cryomancer

Cryomancer
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:43 PM

My characters are usually so generic and normal that Sister Pain was quite a relief, actually. OH! I can't forget Nig. Nig is my chaotic neutral gnome professor (bard class) who uses a piano as his instrument. He takes it with him everywhere as it has wheels, and he sits and plays it in the middle of a battle. If anyone threatens his piano he drinks a potion of giant strength, gives the piano a shove in the direction of the enemy, leaps atop the careening piano casting spells. Quite a lot of fun to play...madmen are hilarious.
Teachings of a Wise Man:

#9 Shaded Mazoku

Shaded Mazoku
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:52 PM

besides... we need a good necro

you could make a minsc esque necro similar to that? except more intellegent

Just a shame I'm lousy at playing good characters. I usually play either chaotic neutral or any kind of evil. If I play good, I play chaotic good. Lizandre, the necromancer in question, is CN. I suppose I could create a good necromancer. It is my favorite magic school, after all. Now, if I only could create mods, I'd do that. Minsc-esque might be hard to do, though, seeing as how Minsc has a wisdom of 6 while the requirement for a necromancer is WIS 16.

Quite a lot of fun to play...madmen are hilarious.

They are. I guess that's why I keep making up mad characters.

#10 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 01:00 AM

a friend of mine played a succubus cleric of Bhaal, and she was CE. Now that in itself was not SO fun, but she was teamed up with a paladin and a CG rogue in his late teens, who was basically a sex-starved geek. Since that Succubus had appearance score (they had it separated from CHA) of 23 (!!!!!!!!!), you can imagine how "dynamical" the rogue and the succubus were...

She (the player) said that she's considering letting the rogue have a few kisses or so :rolleyes:
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#11 JPS

JPS

Knight of the Living Dead

• 205 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 01:16 AM

When I read through the (3rd edition) Player's Handbook for the first time, I was a bit amused by the way the rules made the barbarian class a profession just like all the other classes, so the first character I made under those rules was a guy who came from a good, small town middle-class home and decided to become a barbarian. I even think he went to barbarian school for a while.

I never really played with the character, though ? I ended up DMing all the time, so I gave it to one of my players, and he decided to tone down the background a bit...
"They have no thought of safety, subtlety, or strategy, leaving others with no hope of stopping their mass assault."

Visit the Gibberlings Three!

#12 GreyViper

GreyViper
  • 511 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 01:38 AM

She (the player) said that she's considering letting the rogue have a few kisses or so  :rolleyes:

:huh: :lol: :P

I even think he went to barbarian school for a while.

So there is a barbarian school? :blink: :lol:

I guess my most strangest char was a CN draconian mercenery. B)
Democracy is three Dragons and a Cow voting on what's for dinner!

"A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once ladies glanced at
His special enhancement
They vanished with nary a trace."

Barracks Graffiti
Sparta Command

#13 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 09:30 PM

well mine has got to be Ox.... he is actually a character from something else (an idea for a comic) converted to the D&D world
He's a CN Xaositect from sigil... rarely talks but when he does it's usually to accuse someone of thinking he is an idiot... or to talk about how much he wants to see where "the goatyness ends" on Rhys of the transcendant order. He however travels mostly to Athas and the Kara Tur so very rarely anyone knows what he is talking about.
However with any Xaositect you cant count on that description... he changes accents and mannerisms mid speach when he does talk... and he has been known to talk of other things like why radishes, onions, mustard and anything really spicy goes good on a sandwich whos meat is a non chicken poultry... or how he loves being beaten by his honey from the Ravens Bluff (a bard named rice..)... however mostly he doesnt say anything... he just grumbles and groans when he gets told to do something.... his weapon of choice is a good staff

How he looks you might ask?
He is 7 ft tall and about 4 foot wide... kinda caveman like in stature has hair hanging in his eyes at nearly equal length all the way around, somehow managed to get perfectly sculpted pecs with a belly like santa claus. His hair is black his beard is red he is impecably clean when it comes to dirt on his body... but he looks like he scraped the clothes he got off his floor. His hair is never brushed but again it is clean as a whistle (with the exceptions of a few strands of paint stained hair). he usually wears platemail built for an ogre

regardless of his oafish looks he is a very smart human... not incredibly strong but he does have a large constitution.

the funny thing is is I never actually played with him... I never even played DND before... I collaberated his actions with a friend who does play the character... he does a good job but he tends to think the idea of a Xaositect is to just use scramblespeak all the time >.> <.<

#14 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:22 AM

My weirdest char was a thri'kreen (giant praying mantis thing)
mine was 7ft tall (standard height, 6ft) and was called Bob because I couldn't pronounce his other name.
He used his racial weapon (a double sided polearm) and two axes as his weapons and had 5 attacks a round (two from his racial weapon, one from each axe and a bite which paralized it's victims)

Edited by Dalis'ilhea, 30 June 2004 - 03:24 AM.

I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#15 Cryomancer

Cryomancer
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:45 AM

Wow, that's quite the killing machine. One of my friends played a bullywug and he used a trident. With that, his hop attack was pretty vicious. And one time we made a party of titans just for the heck of it. Wasn't much fun, though....we pretty much just squished everything.
Teachings of a Wise Man:

#16 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 01:41 PM

My weirdest char was a thri'kreen (giant praying mantis thing)
mine was 7ft tall (standard height, 6ft) and was called Bob because I couldn't pronounce his other name.
He used his racial weapon (a double sided polearm) and two axes as his weapons and had 5 attacks a round (two from his racial weapon, one from each axe and a bite which paralized it's victims)

What are the rules on four weapon fighting?

#17 kirkjobsluder

kirkjobsluder
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:44 PM

I don't know who started this one but he sort of was passed around a bit:

BASTARD THE BRUTISH!

DM: The knight with the spike helm headbuts BASTARD, take two points of damage.

BASTARD: OUCH! BASTARD headbutts the knight with the spiky helm RIGHT BACK.

DM: Take two more points of damage.

It can be fun to play really off-the wall characters at times. Dang, I miss pencil and paper, perhaps I should find a group and relearn.

#18 Plasmocat

Plasmocat

Incredible, unstoppable titan of terror!

• 1123 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:07 PM

Haven't played BG long enough to get interesting yet. However, I have a PC in another RPG who isn't so weird herself except that she has what she calls an "Insane Clone Posse."

This consists of Ashe (Evil Dead), Christopher Walken (himself), Death (who looks remarkably like Alan Rickman), and a 4 ft tall Godzilla named Baby after the leopard in the movie "Bringing up Baby" ... coz he sort of has the habit of getting loose & not-quite-ravaging the countryside. I used to have Chriss Angel, but he escaped pretty early on. :(
All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning. -- Albert Camus

#19 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 04:02 PM

How about a half-elven Eldritch Knight (a unique kit which is basically a paladin who uses arcane rather than divine magic) weretiger?

#20 bardsidhe

bardsidhe
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 08:59 PM

In a fantasy game, is not the wierdest character a Human Fighter?
think about it, you have a world ruled by Wizards and Spell Casting Priests,
nigh on immortal races or beast like races running around creating wars.
races that can see in the dark, smell you a mile away. Rogues that can read a magic scroll and use magic items, and all you make is a human fighter???? :))

there you have it, the weirdest Fantasy Character I have made, a Human Fighter.
(and then of course the was the Dark Sun, Mul male named Sue)