NPC dialogs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 icelandismine

icelandismine

Support your 2nd Amendment rights!

• 280 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:51 PM

Alright. I have a sweet NPC (Delan)working intro dialog, entitiled IM#DALEN.dlg I also have the dialog fo when you kick him out, and when you talk to him after wards, entitiled IM#DALP.dlg. Both are contained in a .D file called IM#DALEN. When i use Weidu to install the MOD, plus everything else (.cre, portraits, script making him talk to you as soon as he sees you, etc.) everthing installs and compiles great. When i see him in game, he talks to me and the first part goes alright. But when i kick him out, he says the default goodbye message, such as "ladies goodnight, goodnight ladies", and leaves permenantly. How do I get him to use the text i wrote for him? I assigned him in his .cre file the IM#DALE.dlg file as his initial dialog. Here is what the Append portion fo my TP2 file:

Note: I actually only have the IM#DALE, the IM#DALP, and soon I will have a BIM#DAL, but i was using the NPC making tutorial and didn;t know what this part really did. How do i get the NPC to use IM#DALP dialog, and latter, the BIM#DAL?
Thanks! (I also have TOB, patched, installed.)

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~
~IM#DALE IM#DALN IM#DALP IM#DALJ IM#DALD IM#D25P IM#DA25J IM#D25D IM#DA25~
UNLESS ~IM#DALE~
"What's wrong with being a trigger-happy, nationalistic, meat-eatin' neo-con who likes to shoot things, shoot 'em dead?"
-Me

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton

#2 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:04 PM

Have you the phrase 'BEGIN IM#DALP' in your .d-file?

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#3 icelandismine

icelandismine

• 280 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:33 PM

Yep. I wish it was that simple :(

This is the bottom of my IM#DALE.d, which also has the IM#DALE.dlg file in it.

BEGIN IM#DALP

IF ~Global("DalenJoined","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN KickOut
SAY ~So, I guess this is it, huh?~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Whoops, I meant to get rid of some other idiot.~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Sure is. Now get the hell away from me!~ DO ~SetGlobal("DalenJoined","LOCALS",0)~ EXIT
END

IF ~Global("DalenJoined","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN Rejoin
SAY ~(Sob) Do....do you want me back?~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes. Let's go.~ ~SetGlobal("DalenJoined","LOCALS",1) JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No, I just want to annoy you further.~ EXIT
END
"What's wrong with being a trigger-happy, nationalistic, meat-eatin' neo-con who likes to shoot things, shoot 'em dead?"
-Me

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."

#4 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:23 PM

Is IM#DALE his Death Variable?

The first value in pdialog.2da (where you have IM#DALE) needs to be whatever his Death Variable (Scripting Variable) is.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#5 icelandismine

icelandismine

• 280 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:38 PM

Fixed! Thanks! One last question though. Whenever I move him, he stops after a few steps. I think it does this when attacking too. How do I get hom to behave normally?
-Me

#6 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:39 PM

He's trying to start a dialog but not finding a valid trigger. Check out that he has a valid state.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#7 icelandismine

icelandismine

• 280 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:13 PM

THANK YOU ALL!

THRU YOUR HELP, NOT ONLY DOES HE WORK HE......BANTERS!

I <3 U ALL

WORSHIP ME, THE MOD GOD

(settles down)
I'm better now, but seriously, thanks.
-Me