Druid Soloist

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Jeff-

-Jeff-

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:26 PM

I'm going solo through IWD2 with a single class druid. This class is a decent melee fighter and can cast some of the most powerful spells in the game. Saving throws in fortitude and will are good, too. Being able to heal by shapechanging is a nice bonus. So far I'm halfway through chapter 2 without a single reload, though there were a couple of close calls.

Here was my initial build:

S:16 D:14 C:12 I:10 W:14 Ch:10

I wanted high Str for fighting, good Dex for wearing +1 chainmail, and decent Con for a few extra HP. High Wis wasn't a priority since new stat points could go to WIS at levels 4 and 8. I put a stat point in Ch at level 12 for the added Ch benefit of the winter wolf hat. The Ch bonus helps with dialogue skills and animal empathy. With stat-enhancing items (ring of wisdom & winter wolf hat) stats at level 12 are:

S:16 D:14 C:12 I:10 W:17 Ch:12

I've been level squatting for a little while now, and have enough experience to jump from level 12 to 14. I'm thinking at this point whether to add two levels of rogue for +2 reflex saves and evasion. I was also thinking about adding a third level of rogue at level 15 for uncanny dodge. I'd like some advice regarding whether adding a 2 levels rogue is worth the loss the 3 high level druid spells (two 6th level and one 7th level). Is it better to have a 14th level druid or a 12th level druid/2nd level rogue? Is it better to have a 15th level druid or a 12th level druid, 3rd level rogue?

#2 GreyViper

GreyViper
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:49 PM

12th level druid, 3rd level rogue would be my choice, because then you can take some usefull feats that help out at start. You need powerfull spells later, mostly summoning spells. Btw ainmate dead is the best summon spell in this game, because they last longer. Oh good luck with HoF mode B) , wish BG2 had it. -_-
Democracy is three Dragons and a Cow voting on what's for dinner!

"A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once ladies glanced at
His special enhancement
They vanished with nary a trace."

Barracks Graffiti
Sparta Command

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:50 AM

Well, think that BG 2 had a HoF mode... better items... Crom Fayer...

#4 GreyViper

GreyViper
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:49 PM

Yeah well in BG2's "HoF" mode goblins wont kill you with few strikes at the start :P , as for Crom Fayer I never use it ;) .
Democracy is three Dragons and a Cow voting on what's for dinner!

"A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once ladies glanced at
His special enhancement
They vanished with nary a trace."

Barracks Graffiti
Sparta Command

#5 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:18 AM