Photo

How does one write an NPC?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Eltharodo

Eltharodo
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:06 AM

I'm geting ready to begin work on a 2nd NPC of mine <the 1st hasn't been released yet in case ur wondering; creating a dynamic duo>. How do you guys go about writing the dialogues? I've decided on turning myself into an NPC by writing situations where I make natural responces. Is this a good idea, or would I be better off sticking to writing around a specific concept?

#2 Mr Ennigma

Mr Ennigma
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:21 AM

I guess this will really depend on your writing style and experience. I know when I first started role-playing I modeled my characters after myself and tried to give them the same values. As time went on I branched out and started creating characters that would do things I'd never do (well never is a strong word but you get the idea). Nowadays I write around concepts and try to keep the intrusion of my personal code of ethics to a minimum. Write the way that's easiest for you, you can always change it later.
Noble ends are not always reached by noble means...

If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable.

Fade Dlardrageth Mod; some thievin' and some lovin' all rolled into one...
Discover her here.

#3 Zethre

Zethre
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 04:32 AM

if you mean the actual files you need etc, there r various tutorials and threads on this site - if you work out how from them let me know ! i think it probably helps if you know something about programming
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun

-Katharine Hepburn