Photo

Yuzzan Vong

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 06:34 PM

In what I thin kis the third of Canderous's war stories, He tells of fighting pirates in an asteroid field and releasing some sort of rock ship that shoots liquid fire. Anyone else have the word Coralskipper in their head?

Edited by Mongoose87, 11 July 2004 - 06:35 PM.

#2 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 12 July 2004 - 12:12 PM

hehe i was thinking that lol
is it possible they had been idling about that long

#3 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:30 PM

I think it'sm ore that they were warring with themselves too long to invade for a long time.

#4 crazyhybrid9999

crazyhybrid9999

"Some call me the Space Cowboy..."

• 112 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 04:13 PM

What is a Coralskipper

#5 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 10:29 PM

It is a Yuzzan Vong fighter craft made of coral. It is entirely organic, andis similar to an asteroid in appearance. It both propels and defeds itself with a creature called a dovin basal that can manipulate gravity to move the ship or to create small black hole-liek anamolies that suck in both projectiles and lasers to protect the coralskipper. Their weapon is a barrage of plasma.

#6 Sha'la

Sha'la
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 05:33 AM

I didn't think about that, but i don't think its a corralskipper, the way they described it didn't seem right. It could have been yuuzhan Vong technology but Coralskippers don't spin around or glow bright red when they fly. Yuuzhan Vong equivalent of a probe droid?

#7 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 10:13 PM

Perhaps simply an older "model"

#8 Sha'la

Sha'la
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 05:25 AM

I prefer the idea of a Yuuzhan Vong Probe droid =D, lets face it they had to have found the galaxy somehow, and i doubt that it was by sending crews to there deaths.

sorry minor gramatical mistake :) I RP SWD20 on OpenRPG far to often set in the NJO era :)

Edited by Sha'la, 04 August 2004 - 05:26 AM.

#9 The Leveler

The Leveler
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 11:18 AM

Look at the time frame. They proably had not left the home lanet at that point.

#10 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:56 PM

I wouldn't be so sure. Thy are a very advanced race in an odd way. I suspect to have mastered intergalactic travel, they probabyl left their home planet before humans(whichever planet that is)

#11 Cryomancer

Cryomancer
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 04:25 PM

*twitches* Yuuzhan Vong...curse them... :vbat:
Teachings of a Wise Man:
" Life's not all about your navel.'- Mr. Crowell
"Time flies when you can't stand it."- Mr. Crowell

#12 Caveman

Caveman
  • 835 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:09 PM

IIRC, the first Yuzzhan Vong came to the galaxy sometime between Ep. I & II (around 30 years before Ep. IV).

#13 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:57 PM

Where did you read that?

One thing that was mentioned in the latest book in the New Jedi Order was that the Shapers were incapable of gettign nay more advanced with the current seven cortexes. it is possible that they've been usign this same technology for a while.

Edited by Mongoose87, 15 September 2004 - 06:57 PM.

#14 Caveman

Caveman
  • 835 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 03:44 PM

I can't remember where exactly I read it. None of the novels ever said when the exact time was the advance scouts for the YV fleet arrived. It was inferred in a couple of books('Rogue Planet' & a couple of the New Jedi Order ones) that Zonama Sekot was attacked around that time(which was the same time Vergere disappeared) by what it called the Far Outsiders, which were the Yuuzhan Vong.

#15 Aszlari Swordbringer

Aszlari Swordbringer

Sexy Bothan Chick

• 95 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 11:39 AM

The Yuuzhan Vong did indeed first arrive in the Star Wars Galaxy slightly after the events of The Phantom Menace. They stumbled across a living world called Zonama Sekot, which, during the course of the book that this takes place in (Rogue Planet) gained sentience. It managed to repel the invaders -- called the "Far Outsiders" for the course of the book, since of course their name is not known to the inhabitants of the Star Wars Galaxy -- and then, shortly thereafter, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker found the planet in search for a missing Jedi Master by the name of Vergere, and Zonama Sekot was her last known location. Also, further corroborating evidence supporting this time period as their first entry point is found on the planet Bimmiel, during the New Jedi Order series itself -- or was found on Bimmiel, at any rate. Jedi Master Corran Horn and the late Jedi Knight Ganner Rhysode found the bones of a Yuuzhan Vong there. They were the bones of Mongei Shai, one of the first Yuuzhan Vong scouts in the Star Wars Galaxy and were found by New Republic scientists to be approximately fifty years old. This fits in the time frame of Rogue Planet. Furthermore, the late Nom Anor, a Yuuzhan Vong executor, has been stirring up seeds of dissent across the galaxy for what has been estimated to be a little over forty years, and this is very easily possible, given that it is stated in The Unifying Force that the Yuuzhan Vong typically have lives that are three times as long as a human's, or around 300 galactic standard years.
In all likelihood, the craft described was from a part of the Unknown Regions, a part that even the Chiss have not yet explored. Perhaps the upcoming nine-book series that is slated to begin hitting shelves in 2006 and is set after the New Jedi Order series will answer some questions in that regard.

But yes, the word Coralskipper did indeed flash across my thoughts when I first had that dialogue, and in fact still does. The Yuuzhan Vong rock (no pun intended).

#16 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 08:39 PM

They are an interesting force and oen to be reckoned with, but ultimately their style is self destructive

#17 -oggieboogie-

-oggieboogie-

Posted 22 March 2005 - 01:04 PM

More in the conversation: it also mentions that the asteroid ship dissappeared into the area outside the galaxy (I forget what it was called)...

I believe that he was mentioning a Yuzzan Vong vessel. people say that according to NJO literature and Rouge planet, that the First Yuzzan Vong in the galaxy was determined to be 50 years before the NJO...

Remember, that the yuzzan vong thought that the current inhabitants of the Star Wars Galaxy pushed them out and into theirs. Of course, I can't remember if that was one of Shimraa's/ Omini's lies.

Even though the first discovered YV in the known star wars galaxy was determined to be 50 years old at the time of discovery (which would place it around the time of Rouge planet), it does not mean that at undiscovered group of these extragalactic humanoid beings (hee hee) existed in the known galaxy at one time or another. If shimra's quest or reason for it was a lie, then they could have just stumbled into the galaxy...if Shimraa's quest was a twist of truth (maybe they controlled a sector/ section of the galaxy and they were pushed out of the sector) or even the truth, maybe they were a last remnant of that old group.

Just because a discovery was made that determined one thing does not mean thats the exact truth. A 50 year old skeliton of a Yuzzhan Vong does not determine that the Yuzzhan Vong had first been in the galaxy at that time...it just may mean it was the first recorded or witnessed apperance of the Yuzzan Vong from a resident of the Galaxy.

Thanks for listening/ reading this long spiel.