Photo

Chosen One vs Nameless One?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 oralpain

oralpain
  • 589 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 10:46 AM

Even if TNO got desintegrated, I think the nature of his immortality would always find a way to bring him back.. as I see his 'essence' or whatever it is that keeps him alive (and you cant desintegrate something that doesnt phisically exists) would just crawl to the nearest living person, kill this person and turn the body into his, or something of the like, as such seems to be the way of the curse/blessing of TNO.

View Post

Actualy the manual and several references in the game state or suggest that if he is eaten, burned to ashes, ect. He's dead for good.

#22 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:02 AM

Well, the extent of the Nameless One's regeneration capabilities is not really defined. One of the previous incarnations of the Nameless One recovered after being sliced to tiny bits by the Lady of Pain herself after opening all of the portals in the Lower Ward with the Shadow Sorcelled key (there are several memories related to this event), such treatment is enough to slay even deities (i.e. Aoskar), yet the Nameless One still lives.

However it is also mentioned that Vhailor has the ability to permanently kill the Nameless One if his axe is edged with Justice (or at least the belief of Justice) even without completely destroying the Nameless One's body.

So draw your own conclusions. ;)

Of course, considering how ammunitions is mass produced these days, it's really difficult to lace them with "belief." :lol:

#23 -Crazy Harry-

-Crazy Harry-

Posted 08 November 2004 - 02:04 PM

Of course, considering how ammunitions is mass produced these days, it's really difficult to lace them with "belief."  :lol:

View Post

Nonsense! I talk to my bullets every day, all of them, every day. I talk to them and kiss them goodnight before putting them to bed in their magazines. I even decorated the magazines. Nothing is too good for my babies! Don't listen to the nasty person little ones, I BELIEVE IN YOU!

Hence, the Chosen One could and would win. Huzzah!

#24 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 01:23 AM

If the Nameless One had two Miniguns and advanced power armor, and took buffout and psycho, then there would be no chance for the Chosen one. At all. Oh and then add the Namelessones magic and the fact that for me he had all stats 25 (He was a level 100 mage level 50 fighter and thief afterall) soo My money will always be on The Nameless One (at least my one anyway, He had ALOOOOT of hitpoints) repesentation of the chosen one against him :wall:

Edited by Dalis'ilhea, 09 November 2004 - 01:24 AM.

I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#25 Xander77

Xander77

Freak Boy

• 436 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 10:45 AM

Well, the extent of the Nameless One's regeneration capabilities is not really defined. One of the previous incarnations of the Nameless One recovered after being sliced to tiny bits by the Lady of Pain herself after opening all of the portals  in the Lower Ward with the Shadow Sorcelled key (there are several memories related to this event),

He wasn't, and didn't.

He jumped through a portal just before that happened.
Мы должны как раз дать эту хромающую страну к русским. Они awesome! Идет Nader! Кустик и Kerry имеют придурковатые weasels в их кальсонах!

#26 LarryTheArcher

LarryTheArcher
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 08:23 PM

If the nameless one took a rocket blast to the chest, it blows him up, scattering little pieces of him Dawn of the Dead style all over the place, how is he going to get up again?
Irenicus: Now I have my revenge!

Protagonist: You talk to much...

Irenicus: (It came with the soul...)

#27 Antius

Antius
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 09:14 PM

If the nameless one took a rocket blast to the chest, it blows him up, scattering little pieces of him Dawn of the Dead style all over the place, how is he going to get up again?

View Post

Well! If he was just blown to pieces he would regenerate.

But I doubt a rocket blast would be enough to blow up TNO (Not my Incarnation of him at least...).
And the rocket needs to hit him in the first place, before it can do any damage. Considering his godlike dex and his magical powers, that would prove tricky.

Edited by Antius, 16 December 2004 - 09:16 PM.

#28 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 02:20 AM

Yeah, and if it hit him he would gather himself up like a troll that's been cut to pieces.

#29 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 05:14 AM

Well, then the Chosen One would blast him to pieces, take a few bigger pieces and cement them in somewhere. Head would do fine, for example.

It'd improve TNO's looks, tho...
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#30 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 02:35 AM

Yup. Looks improved fer sure. Aye, mate, Korgan's Head Removing Service ltd. can make you look better, lose weight and ALL this FREE of charge!