crazyhybrid9999

"Some call me the Space Cowboy..."

• 112 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:25 AM

Hey i tried installing my own NPC but it vailed due to this
[VlartheNPC\E#vlar.d] PARSE ERROR at line 3 column 1-21
Near Text: ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~
	Not An Integer
can you explain and help fix. Please  :)

#2 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:41 AM

Try posting the .d file in question. At least the line proceding the one noted in the error and the rest of the block. I suspect you've forgotten a bracket, comma or tilde or something on the proceding line.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#3 icelandismine

icelandismine

Support your 2nd Amendment rights!

• 280 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:23 AM

Do you have everything before it that is supposed to be in tildes (~) in tildes(~)? Everything after? I have found that missing even one 40 lines up can cause errors that make no sense.
"What's wrong with being a trigger-happy, nationalistic, meat-eatin' neo-con who likes to shoot things, shoot 'em dead?"
-Me

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton

#4 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:24 PM

Do you have everything before it that is supposed to be in tildes (~) in tildes(~)? Everything after? I have found that missing even one 40 lines up can cause errors that make no sense.

Yes, but if it's a problem at line 3, it really shouldn't be anything that far up :D .

Post the first 10 lines of E#vlar.d so that we can determine the problem. A quick look is that you tried to use a condition in a place that it shouldn't be, but let's figure it out.

Edited by Rastor, 20 July 2004 - 01:25 PM.

Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#5 crazyhybrid9999

crazyhybrid9999

• 112 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:48 PM

Here is the first ten lines

BEGIN E#Vlar

~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~ THEN BEGIN FirstMeeting
SAY ~Hello. What is it do you wish to gain by speaking to me?~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I am looking for some competant fighters that are not some goody two-shoes wannabe adventurer that I seem to constantly find aroung this city~ GOTO PleasedResponse
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Um...I don't know?~ GOTO Intimidate
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Uggh! I wanted some information, but instead I get your horrendesly rank breath.~ GOTO Engraged

#6 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:08 PM

You need an IF before ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~ ;).

Edited by NiGHTMARE, 20 July 2004 - 02:11 PM.

#7 crazyhybrid9999

crazyhybrid9999

• 112 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:29 PM

wow what a stupid mistake. sort of like :edwin:

yeah thanks Nightmare your the man, as always. (is there anything you don't know)

#8 crazyhybrid9999

crazyhybrid9999

• 112 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:48 PM

found another mistake so I am just going to post the entire script hope you don't mind. some sort of syntax error heres what my debug sheet said.

[VlartheNPC\E#vlar.d] PARSE ERROR at line 49 column 1-3
Near Text: Say
	syntax error

BEGIN E#Vlar

IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~ THEN BEGIN FirstMeeting
SAY ~Hello. What is it do you wish to gain by speaking to me?~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I am looking for some competant fighters that are not some goody two-shoes wannabe adventurer that I seem to constantly find aroung this city~ GOTO PleasedResponse
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Um...I don't know?~ GOTO Intimidate
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Uggh! I wanted some information, but instead I get your horrendesly rank breath.~ GOTO Engraged
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Sorry to bother you. Have a pleasent day. I'll be going now.~ GOTO GoAway
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN PleasedResponse
SAY ~Ha. I know what you mean. Well your in luck. I am a fighter and I am not like those other hundred or so weak-kneed fools out there.~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Excellent. So, will you join up with me?~ GOTO AcceptsInvitation
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN AcceptsInvitation
SAY ~You sure do look like you need some help. Yeah, I'll join you. By the way my names Vlar.~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Welcome aboard Vlar. My name is <CHARNAME>.~ DO ~SetGlobal("VlarJoined","LOCALS,1)
JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Ha ha ha ha ha. Vlar! What a stupid name! Ha ha ha ha. Welcome aboard. We could use the comic releif.~ GOTO Enraged
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Um. On second thought I'm just going to leave.~ GOTO GoAway
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Enraged
SAY ~You stupid little bastard. Insult me will you. I'm going to gut you like the pig that you are.~
IF ~~ THEN DO ~Enemy() Attack(NearestEnemyOf(Myself)) ~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Intimidate
SAY ~Then why are you bothering me, huh? What was going through your mind when you decided to talk to me, huh?  Did you think "Oooh, look there is a very large, very tall, very strong looking, seemingly disgruntled fighter that could easily hurt me. So I am going to go talk to him with absolutley nothing to say, and maybe just maybe he might beat me to a nice bloody pulp for being a complete and total moron." Was that about it, huh?~ 
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yeah thats about it.~ GOTO StupidPc
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No, but since your so strong and tough how about you join my party?~ GOTO DisatisifiedResponse
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I have to go now, um... nice talking to you.~ GOTO GoAway
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN StupidPc
SAY ~By the powers, you are stupid.  I mean I've met mentally challenged Orcs with more sense than you. Well I'm not one to give people pleasure so goodbye~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Aww man~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN DisatisifiedResponse
SAY ~Now why would I want to do that?~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Because, I said so.~ GOTO TwitInsult
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~For you are the most qaulified in this city of useless do gooders.~ GOTO PleasedResponse
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Uh, I don't know~ GOTO Annoyed
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN TwitInsult
Say ~Ha. You are a stupid little twit, aren't you. No if you would excuse me I have no more time to waste on a stupid little twit like you.~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Did you just call me a twit,TWICE?! How dare you call me a twit. I'm going to destroy you!~ GOTO TwitPcAngered
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I'm going to leave you and your unpleasant demeanor alone. Goodbye.~ GOTO GoAway
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Annoyed
SAY ~I am really getting fed up with you wasting my time. I am going to return to my business now, and the next time you think of speaking to me, don't. If you can't do that at least have something useful to say, or things my get quite uncomfortable, for you at least.~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN TwitPcAngered
SAY ~Ha. Highly doubtful. Now I am going to save us both the trouble of your death. Goodbye you stupid twit.~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GoAway
SAY ~Yeah. You do that then. And the next time you talk to me, have something useful to say.~ EXIT
END

IF ~NumTimesTalkedToGT(0)~ THEN BEGIN ReturnDialogue
SAY ~Huh. Oh its you again. Hope you have something useful to say.~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~You know, I didn't catch your name the first time we met. Mind if I ask what it is?~ GOTO GiveName
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Nope. Just thought I'd say hi. Well i got to go now. Bye.~ GOTO GoAway
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Uh. No.~ GOTO GoAway2
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GiveName
SAY ~My name is Vlar.~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~My name is <CHARNAMR>. Would you like to join my group~ GOTO DisatisifiedResponse
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Vlar. Ha ha ha ha ha. What a stupid name. Ha ha ha. Vlar. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Stupid Vlar. Ha ha ha ha.~ GOTO Enraged
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Well, nice meeting you Vlar. Got to go. Bye.~ GoAway
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GoAway2
SAY ~If you keep wasting my time bad things are going to happen to you.~ EXIT
END

BEGIN E#VlarP

IF ~Global("VlarJoined","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN RemoveFromParty
SAY ~So you are removing me from the party. You know you'll die without me.~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Didn't mean to kick you out. Look at what I'd be stuck with without you.~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yeah, I'm removing you for now. I might consider taking you back but I just don't require your presence right now.~ DO ~SetGlobal("VlarJoined","LOCALS",0)~ EXIT
END

IF ~Global("VlarJoined","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN Rejoin
SAY ~Well I am surprised to see that you survived with out me.~ 
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~It wasn't too hard, but things are a lot better when your around.~ DO ~SetGlobal("VlarJoined","LOCALS",1)
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Surviving without you is not that hard. And I am going to continue proving it you. Later.~ EXIT
END

#9 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:58 PM

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GoAway
SAY ~Yeah. You do that then. And the next time you talk to me, have something useful to say.~ EXIT
END

Should be:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GoAway
SAY ~Yeah. You do that then. And the next time you talk to me, have something useful to say.~
IF ~~ TNEN EXIT
END

Same with the GoAway2 block. Hope this helps! :)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#10 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:00 PM

In Andyr's solution, that should be THEN on the third line, not TNEN :P. But then it is 23:44 here ;).

[MAJORLY OFF-TOPIC]

is there anything you don't know

Heh, quite a few things actually. Off the top of my head:

- Any language besides English, though I can do a few basic things such as 1-10, "yes", "no", "left", "right", etc in French and German.

- Any form of programming more advanced than BASIC, though learning how to script in the Infinity Engine and certain other games allegedly helps teach you the basics of certain "real" programming languages such as C++.

- Almost any scientific forumalas, e.g. E=MC2, and anything maths related which is more advanced than working out percentages and angles.

- The solution to problems related to real world war and famine.

- Very much about the other D&D settings besides the Forgotten Realms and Planescape. Greyhawk and Kara-Tur in particular are almost a complete mystery to me.

- Whether there truly are any major global conspiracies, though the chances of there being none whatsoever seem pretty slim.

- Whether there definitely is life on other worlds, though I enjoy pointing out to people that if an ifinitesimal number of other planets exist, the chance of this being the only planet with life is infintesimally small.

- How to travel forwards or backwards in time, though I know how you could speed up or slow down the passage of time*

- What happens to us when we die and whether there's a god, though just like everyone else I have my theories (or beliefs for anyone religious).

* Get a couple of watches that measure milliseconds, and syncronize them perfectly, and I do mean perfectly. Now give one to a friend, and take the other on an international flight and back. Your watches are guaranteed to be slightly out of sync, because gravity slows down the passage of time, and you've just been subject to less gravity than normal.

Now imagine if you could orbit extremely close to a black hole without getting sucked in and crushed into something incredibly small, what would seem like mere seconds to you could be minutes, days, weeks or maybe even years to people back on earth....

[/MAJORLY OFF-TOPIC]

Edited by NiGHTMARE, 20 July 2004 - 03:13 PM.

#11 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:09 PM

Yeh... What NiGHTMARE said. :)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#12 crazyhybrid9999

crazyhybrid9999

• 112 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:14 PM

Thanks guys

@Nightmare so all we have to do to travel (at least forwards) in time is to submit our selfs to extreme gravity.

#13 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:21 PM

Any large acceleration would do. :) But, on topic, did you get it working?

#14 crazyhybrid9999

crazyhybrid9999

• 112 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:34 PM

Strange parse error. WeiDu has some problems with line 82 which is a simple END command. Here is the script block. Line 82 is the very last line

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GiveName
SAY ~My name is Vlar.~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~My name is <CHARNAMR>. Would you like to join my group~ GOTO 

DisatisifiedResponse
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Vlar. Ha ha ha ha ha. What a stupid name. 

Ha ha ha. Vlar. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Stupid Vlar. Ha ha ha ha.~ GOTO 

Enraged
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Well, nice meeting you Vlar. Got to go. Bye.~ GoAway 
END

#15 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:57 PM

You need a GOTO GoAway. :)

#16 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:13 PM

For whatever ot may be worth Crazy, people who have been here ages still make silly mistakes, like me.

All part of the learning curve =)

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#17 crazyhybrid9999

crazyhybrid9999

• 112 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 06:27 PM

SUCCESS !!!!!! Finally, after so many errors and bugs i got to finally install successful. now to test if it works in game thanks guys.

#18 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 06:40 PM

Well done, and good luck. :)

#19 crazyhybrid9999

crazyhybrid9999

• 112 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 08:12 PM

I have a very strange problem. When ever I install the mod, It says I did it successfully but it also shows that it had an Error loading e#ar0406.bcs yet it says it is installed successfully. when I try to go to where he is supposed to be hes not there. I can't figure out the problem.

#20 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:46 PM

I have a very strange problem. When ever I install the mod, It says I did it successfully but it also shows that it had an Error loading e#ar0406.bcs yet it says it is installed successfully. when I try to go to where he is supposed to be hes not there. I can't figure out the problem.

Can you please post your .tp2 and that specific script as well?

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner