One Pixel Productions FAQ

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 08:13 AM

If there's any questions that are not answered by this FAQ, just ask, and they will be added and answered ;)

Q: What is One Pixel Productions about, actually?
A: Well, there's a lot of content in Baldur's Gate 2 (especially in the ToB expansion) that simply doesn't live up to the quality that BG1 offered. The paperdolls are a good example. See the readme thread for reasons and further information.

Q: You say it fixes ToB problems, but I only have SoA. I assume this isn't anything for me, then?
A: Why, it absolutely is! At the time being, all releases are 100% SoA compatible - and are worth an install even without ToB. Heck, as far as I know these should in theory even work with other Infinity Engine games (although, admittedly, I wouldn't count on that) ^_^

Q: Will this work with the BG1: TuTu conversion?
A: Yes.

Q: Sounds good. But how do I install the fixes?
A: It's a WeiDU mod now, thanks to CamDawg, and as such, absolutely easy to install. Simply execute the file and go from there. :)

Q: I've done exactly that, but I still have problems with getting it to run!
A: What are you waiting for, then? Post a thread and let me know ^_^

Q: How much more can we expect of One Pixel Productions?
A: Next question!

Q: Which tools are you using for creating your stuff?
A: Feel free to check the readme thread, which provides further information on the tools involved.

Q: What if i change my mind? How do i uninstall?
A: As you would uninstall any other WeiDU mod. It shouldn't be a problem. ;)

Q: Why is it that all we ever see mentioned, in relation to BG2, is BioWare? That is, until this thing attributes any bugs to the now defunct BIS.
A: It's much more fun to blame the publishers rather than the people who actually developed it. Besides, being defunct, they're unlikely to sue anyone. :P

Okay, seriously. ^_^ It is a somewhat faulty forum description. :P In fact it should have mentioned both as in "Bioware/Black Isle". Bioware for actually putting out low-quality artwork, and BI for failing to do the QA they should be concerned about. See the readme thread for further info.

Q: Okay, here's a "dumb" question... I play BG2 but have NO idea what a paperdoll is... What is it?
A: A paperdoll is the image of your character that shows up on the Inventory screen. An avatar is what we call the image that moves around throughout the landscape.

Q: Why is it that the readme here and the one supplied with the file are inconsistent/contradict each other?
A: The "readme" in its original form was never written by me. It was put together from snippets out of this forum, and by the people who managed the WeiDU install and hosting. As such, there's bound to be a bit of wrong/outdated/vague information in it. The version hosted here, at the forums, is the one I actually update and maintain, so that's what you'll be looking for. ;) Maybe if there should ever be a new version of 1pp WeiDU to be released, they'll update the readme along with the rest. ^_^ Then again, maybe not. :mellow:

Edited by Lightspeed, 23 August 2005 - 06:48 AM.

崇高滑稽
·

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 26 July 2004 - 04:35 PM

What if i change my mind? How do i uninstall?

#3 -Guest 2-

-Guest 2-

Posted 31 July 2004 - 08:30 AM

Probably not a FaQ, but a Q: Why is it that all we ever see mentioned, in relation to BG2, is bioWare. That is until this thing attributes any bugs to the now defunct BIS.

If I'm not mistaken, the developer for both SoA and ToB was BioWare.

#4 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 09:35 AM

Its a bit unprecise forum description. :P

In fact it should have mentioned both as in "Bioware/Black Isle".

崇高滑稽
·

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 October 2004 - 10:18 AM

How can I uninstall this? There are over 500 files in the complete zip... will take an age to do this manually =(

#6 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 12:48 PM

Why? You just have to delete them from your override folder. (Sort by Date is a good option, huh?)

崇高滑稽
·

#7 -icelus-

-icelus-

Posted 21 October 2004 - 12:54 PM

Yes, which might also mean that the average user may accidentally delete something that they shouldn't, which could lead to a broken game. I think an installer/uninstaller would be ideal, and it can easily be done even with just a very basic COPY ~program folder~ ~override~ WeiDU command.

#8 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 01:11 PM

As I said, someone makes a WeiDU version, and it gets posted here. -_-

崇高滑稽
·

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:11 PM

I heard some modders do things themselves

#10 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 06:11 AM

I heard I have no clue whatsoever of WeiDU and am certainly NOT going to learn for a mere installing tool.

崇高滑稽
·

#11 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:04 AM

I'll get you started.

Put all your files into a folder called "onepixel". Use the command COPY ~onepixel~ ~override~. It's not a shocking amount to pick up. :)
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#12 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 05:02 PM

IIRC someone did just that (in this very forum) and had to find out things were not quite as simple.

崇高滑稽
·

#13 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:24 AM

OH MY GOD.

It's so nice...

Edited by Lightspeed, 23 October 2004 - 06:20 PM.

Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#14 taza

taza

NWN Modder

• 170 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:32 AM

to be able to...

Edited by Lightspeed, 23 October 2004 - 06:20 PM.

Mods in progress: Telinport v5

#15 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:35 AM

turn all the useless spam into something more productive! :)

Edited by Lightspeed, 23 October 2004 - 06:21 PM.

#16 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:45 AM

But it's only really funny if people can't edit it back. :nana:

And yes, those were enough "OH MY GOD"s for one evening :huh:

Edited by Lightspeed, 23 October 2004 - 06:22 PM.

#17 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 November 2004 - 05:25 PM

Is there a paper doll for Sarevok in armour? I've found a good one...but I don't know how to incorporate it.

http://perso.wanadoo...r/chevalier.gif
http://www.frenchtav...ges/sarevok.png
http://www.planetbal...tory/badguy.gif

#18 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 06:06 PM

Try a search on the tutorials forum, or ask in the Modder's room

If your question was whether there'd be one in my fixes, the answer is no. They do not really contain anything new, they only fix what's there.

崇高滑稽
·

#19 n8hawk

n8hawk
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:19 PM

Okay, here's a "dumb" question... I play BG2 but have NO idea what a paperdoll is... What is it?

#20 -icelus-

-icelus-

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:37 PM

A paperdoll is the image of your character that shows up on the Inventory screen.

An avatar is the image that moves around throughout the landscape.