Problem resurrecting Tashia

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Aroc-

-Aroc-

Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:06 AM

Hello to all BG fans.

After I defeat Arilistan and his goons in the well known cave nothing happens. No apparition is emerging so sweet Tashia remains in Limbo forever.

I tried playing with the variables by setting
Global("SpawnTashiaGhost","GLOBAL",0) or even to 1 followed by CreateCreature("cutspy") and
CreateCreature("tadream") taken directly from the AR2602.baf .

The apparition appears and when I use the raise dead scroll it vanishes the little flower emerges above his head followed by the small ghost image and thats all. No Tashia yet.

Any suggestions are highly welcomed!

#2 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:30 AM

i/ve had this happen a few times before, but can't explain why. i've solved it by clua-ing tashia afterwards - tashia.cre - which more or less works. the most recent time it happened however, i went back to the underdark exit where tashia left, and there she was, resurrected and waiting to rejoin the party.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#3 Arian

Arian

One of Tashia's personal pets

• Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 05:20 AM

Interesting. Weird, but interesting. :blink:

"The very identity of every reasoning being is defined by the language, the communication between that being and others around it." -- Drizzt Do'Urden (R.A. Salvatore, "Exile")

#4 jaegar

jaegar
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 03:50 PM

Interesting. Weird, but interesting.  :blink:

View Post

I apologize for bumping this old post, first of all. This happens to me in my current game, where nothing happened right after Arilistan dies. Since this wasnt answered anywhere else, I thought I'd share how I fix this problem

It took me a while to figure out what went wrong.. The Area file for the Cave (AR2602) does not have any script attached to it for some reason.

To fix this, you'll need a savegame before entering the Forest of Tethir. Load up an Inifinity Editor (either DLTCEP or Near Inifity). Open the area AR2602. Attach the script AR2602.BCS to it. Save AR2602.ARE in override. Open your BG2 cache directory (usually BGII - SOA\cache). Delete everything that has AR260x.bif in it.

Load up the pre-Tethir savegame. This is important because if you load a savegame while in the forest of tethir, it will just load the area from cache or something. Everything should work correctly when Arilistan dies.

Edited by jaegar, 10 November 2004 - 06:25 PM.

#5 -Guest_Aroc_*-

-Guest_Aroc_*-

Posted 11 November 2004 - 07:04 AM

Thank's a lot jaegar :D