Icewind Dale II

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 icelandismine

icelandismine

Support your 2nd Amendment rights!

• 280 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 06:50 AM

Is WeiDU IWD2 friendly? If so, does that mean I can write dialogs and other stuff like I you can in BGII?
"What's wrong with being a trigger-happy, nationalistic, meat-eatin' neo-con who likes to shoot things, shoot 'em dead?"
-Me

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton

#2 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 07:08 AM

Weimer had done a couple of mods to IWD2. The smartest thing for you would be to check them out and see how he does it.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#3 icelandismine

icelandismine

• 280 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 08:08 AM

OK
BTW, does anyone have any idea when Icewind Gate II is being publicly relased????
"What's wrong with being a trigger-happy, nationalistic, meat-eatin' neo-con who likes to shoot things, shoot 'em dead?"
-Me

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."

#4 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 08:51 AM

Coming up with a release date would mean making a list of every single new feature and bug fix which needs to be coded and implemented, and then estimating how long each of these will take to do. Such an estimate would probably take up far more time than actually implementing said new features and bug fixes :P.

Even if such estimations were done, they'd be just that did - estimations; sSome would undoubtedly take more or less time than was thought. Combine that with the fact that the discovery of new bugs is virtually guaranteed, and it's 99% certain that if there was a planned release date it would not be met.

So in short, it'll be done when it's done :).

Edited by NiGHTMARE, 24 July 2004 - 08:59 AM.

#5 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 11:01 AM

I have a feeling that the project may be on hold until Wes gets his Ph.D., though.

WeiDU is IWD2 friendly.

Edited by Rastor, 24 July 2004 - 11:01 AM.

Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#6 icelandismine

icelandismine

• 280 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 12:41 PM

I have a feeling that the project may be on hold until Wes gets his Ph.D., though.

Who cares about a Ph.D.?!?! Icewind Gate is much more important!
-Me