4 replies to this topic

#1 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 11:43 PM

Hello everybody!

I finally managed to come up with a second beta of the Redemption MOD.
It is available for download at

http://www.onlinefic...ion-beta-02.zip

If you are interested. I fixed a number of bugs and frankly I think it is now sound enough to be released for public testing. If you find anything you don't like - let me know immediately. The final version will have better documantation but I don't forsee any fundamental changes, unless I decide to add an 'Insane' mode, or make the fights a bit more difficult. The mod is purely role-playing, not power-gamer oriented so - be ware!

If you can please write me two three lines after you played through the mod with your opinion - I will be eternally grateful, as it will help me to make it even better!

Cheers!

Dorotea.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#2 Daemon

Daemon
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 03:10 PM

right me has downloaded and finished.
i like it a lot especially the epiloque. :)

#3 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 08:37 PM

Thanks for testing it! I wrote all the dialogs and epilogue myself so it is very nice to hear you liked it.

So far I know of one minor bug - Sarevok's epilogue sometimes showing twice. I also want to implement this tougher battle scheme, and then the mod will be finished, hopefully through the Cristmas vacation time I will have time to do it.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#4 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 09 December 2002 - 09:31 PM

The repeating epilogue thing is a problem that's shown up in WeiDU Ascension, and showed up in my flirt packs as well. I did find a way to "power" past the problem, though. Stupid, but effective.

How are you doing your epilogue implementation?

#5 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 04:54 AM

How are you doing your epilogue implementation?

Well, the regular way I suppose:
---------------------------------------------------------------
COPY_EXISTING ~AR6200.bcs~ ~override/AR6200.bcs~
REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~redemption/bcs/AR6200asc.bcs~ ~redemption/bcs/AR6200jon.bcs~
REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~redemption/bcs/AR6200asc_bot.bcs~ ~redemption/bcs/AR6200jon_bot.bcs~
---------------------------------------------------------------
where AR6200jon_bot.bcs being :

IF
Global("StartEndBios","AR6200",1)
InParty("finiren")
Global("JonBio","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("JonBio","GLOBAL",1)
TextScreen("JONELND")
SmallWait(1)
Continue()
END

IF
Global("StartEndBios","AR6200",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("StartEndBios","AR6200",2)
()
EndCredits()
END
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and

COPY ~redemption/epilogues~ ~override~
REPLACE ~999999~ ~Irenicus had become ... yada...yada~
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
with JONELND.2da file added to /eipilogues folder

and JONELND.2da :

2DA V1.0
*JoneL
0 1
SWITCH DEFAULT DEFAULT
DEFAULT 71020 999999
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By replacing 2 bcs blocks - 1 in the middle and 1 at the very bottom, so that Irenicuses epilogue is always the last. But the repeated one is actually Sarevok's, one just before last.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes