Photo

Imoen XP and banter

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Sheriff of Nothing

Sheriff of Nothing
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:50 AM

Just a couple of quick things i wanted to check here about Imoen in Jonny's dungeon (with Imoen Romance installed):

Is Imoen supposed to get 350,000 XP as soon as Chloe joins? (I've tried several installs but it always happens).

If you pick up Chloe quite quickly, then Imoen's dialogues will cease (not just the romance ones, but also the standard ones eg with the dryads). If you leave Chloe till last, all Imoen's dialogue is fine (including the Romance). Is this how it should be or do i have some kind of bug?

If i do leave 'getting Chloe' till last, what will happen when I pick up Imoen again?

Guess this is clear!

Any help would be really appreciated ( I saw the thread on the added 1 million XP but maybe this is a different one).

As a noob just to say hello & great work on all these mods!

Edited by Sheriff of Nothing, 30 July 2004 - 10:55 AM.

#2 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 06:12 AM

I've never heard of any of that happening before... what other mods do you have installed? Do you have Lord Mirrabbo's Imoen Romance mod by any chance? I've never played it so I don't know if he added experience or extra dialogues. Chloe does absolutely nothing to any of Immy's dialogues in Jonny's Sündehaus, except a comment here or there but those all checked out in testing (and no one has ever mentioned a bug like that before.)

And no, Chloe joining the party should not add any experience. There's nothing in the code to add experience to anyone. The only thing that's remotely like that is if you're of a somewhat higher level when she joins you, Chloe herself will be a higher level too... but that happens the moment she's spawned (like, a lvl 9 Chloe might spawn instead of a level 7 if you're at level 9) and wouldn't be added afterwards.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#3 Sheriff of Nothing

Sheriff of Nothing
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:47 AM

No worries. Strange that they didn't come across this as they must have given the two mods a test run together.

I'll persevere. Maybe an installation in a different order....(reckon I'm clutching at straws here!?).

Edited by Sheriff of Nothing, 31 July 2004 - 12:48 AM.

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:54 PM

I installed it as many times as one can without becoming insane.. it still happens, its happenning for a lot of other people too last I heard.

Well I havent been active in BG for about 3 weeks cause teambg is dead and I think this should go to Mirrabbo first but still.. the last time I was browsing was to try and solve this conflict between these 2 mods.. was it solved or not yet ?

The most strange thing is that I (and most likely everyone) have already played Imoen romance and Chole together lots of times in the past but this problem appeared just lately when I updated both mods to their newest versions.. I doubt its BP causing it since BP hasnt been updated for quite the long time.

Could someone with more knowledge please look further into this matter.. its quite annoying :(

#5 -piefish-

-piefish-

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:36 AM

in CHLOE.BCS ( 1.2 ) Find this block: ( it's right near the top, can't miss it )

IF	InParty("Imoen2")
	InParty("Chloe")
	Global("AssigningImoenScriptCR","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
  SetGlobal("AssigningImoenScriptCR","GLOBAL",1)
  ActionOverride("Imoen2",ChangeAIScript("Imoen2",OVERRIDE))
END

Add this trigger:
GlobalGT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",2)

Compile script. ( note: I'm not saying compile this single block as CHLOE.bcs, but alter this block by prepending the conditional above, just to be 100% clear here. )

Start a new game.

All hell shouldn't brake loose when CHARNAME and Immy find Chloe, infact things should go most swimingly.

Only other ``compatibility'' error I have encountered is the ``you don't look so good Imoen...'' dialog, IR, wrecks this too ( doesn't trigger, death vars ``wrong'' once IR is installed ).

I'm not sure what would be a good (good == one line) way to fix this.

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 October 2004 - 11:40 AM

Sorry but I'm completely dumb at scripting

GlobalGT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",2)

exactly where should it be added ?? after the IF or after the RESPONSE ???

I dont know about compiling but guess that if I open the script on near infinity and save changes it should do...

If u can point a way to solve that other thing wich isnt triggering too, it would be really nice on your part, doesnt need to be simple :)

PS: could someone make a patch or quickfix for this problem for the sake of people who know even less than me ? Its been like months since this topic was started.. I'm taking a guess that compatibility aint much of a worry round here.

#7 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 11:50 AM

try this one one. to use: unzip and and place in yr override folder.

edit: file of 0 bytes removed - use the one in the post below

Edited by seanas, 28 October 2004 - 04:27 PM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:35 PM

PS: could someone make a patch or quickfix for this problem for the sake of people who know even less than me ? Its been like months since this topic was started.. I'm taking a guess that compatibility aint much of a worry round here.

10 minutes ???

I stand corrected, thanks.

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 October 2004 - 05:59 PM

try this one one. to use: unzip and and place in yr override folder.

View Post

Seanas, the download link is broken. Could you repost the file? I'm having the same problem described..

Thanks a bunch!

#10 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 01:08 AM

err, it's not broken for me: i just downloaded it again. oh well - try this identical version.

Attached Files

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#11 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 01:15 AM

err, it's not broken for me: i just downloaded it again. oh well - try this identical version.

View Post

I just fixed the attachment settings for the forum. They had lost some parameters during the software upgrade. :thumb:

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 October 2004 - 04:40 AM

View Post

I just fixed the attachment settings for the forum. They had lost some parameters during the software upgrade. :thumb:

View Post

works like a charm!! thanks a bunches.

hopefully there's no more compatibility problems, i'm currently running BP + chloe + weidu item upgrade/underrep/ FoV/RoV + valen + tashia + chloe + imoen + oversight + planar sphere mod + unfinished business

#13 picko

picko
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:43 PM

View Post

View Post

Still not downloading for me

#14 Xellos

Xellos
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:55 PM

Same as Sheriff of Nothing I'm experiencing the same issue... can someone repost the fix? The link doesn't work for me either.

#15 Waverley

Waverley
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:46 PM

Please repost this fix - it won't download for me either. Looks like another re-install for me - this time without Imoen's romance, but if the fix appears at least I can save it here for next time.

#16 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 01:55 PM

as requested.

Attached Files

#17 Waverley

Waverley
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 08:25 AM

Thanks

#18 Slayer299

Slayer299
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:33 AM

Sheriff, you only got 350K xp? Yesterday I was replaying BG2 and when I met up with Chloe I got 1,000,000XP for Immy once and another 350K xp later on. Now all of a sudden Immy's a 14th lvl mage (And I'm only a 8th lvl priestess) and I'm still in Chateau Irenicus! :D
Have you tried the fix for the Chloe.bcs file by seanas and have you had any more problems?