Jump to content


Member Since 10 Jun 2008
Offline Last Active Today, 05:46 PM

Posts I've Made

In Topic: OMG...

18 March 2018 - 03:40 PM

If I ever get rich and then get laid off work, I'll take a year off and either hike the Continental Divide Trail or convert CA to be EE compatible.

In Topic: Game crash whenever I enter goblin cave

18 March 2018 - 03:34 PM

It does sound like it might be an animation issue.  I don't have CA installed on this computer ATM, but I'll try to look into it.  No ETA on a solution/fix, though.


What is the area code for the area you are in just before entering the cave?  Also, the save would be quite useful.

In Topic: Hey, anybody kills Drizzt?

05 February 2018 - 05:55 PM

I can't stand inposters, so yeah...

In Topic: New developer resources

27 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

I have a mixed feelings about this release. [...] OTOH, downscaling functionality seems unnecessary, as well as having 3 slider positions (-1, 0, 1) for the same 1:1 scale. Do you think the slider might be made perfect by restricting it to upscaling by the factor of the whole numbers x1,x2,x3,x4,x5,x6,x7 and x8?

I guess that's what I get for pushing out a quick hack without bothering to really think it through.  I am unwilling to drop down-scaling altogether, but I have removed duplicate slider positions and confusing tooltips for V3.2.1.  The zoom slider now starts in the center, and anything to the right is up-scaling and anything to the left is down-scaling.

In Topic: New developer resources

24 January 2018 - 03:49 PM

See if PaletteGenerator V3.2.0 is any better.  Instead of scaling the image by a percentage, it now scales it by a factor from 1/8 to 8.  Note that the tooltip on the slider will display numbers to the left as negative.  Interpret them as a factor of 1/N instead of -N, and 0 will probably result in a scaling factor equivalent of x1 since a divide-by-zero results in a blank string which will result in "no-change" when updating the image dimensions.  Implementations isn't perfect, but hopefully the end result is better.