Minotaur Is (trying to) Mod again!
(And with that simple statement, I can imagine a couple of people 'round here experiencing dry heaves - given my track record - roflmao)
I am doing it a lil different this time, just playing with things I CAN do.
Areas, simple ones, for instance. (I can't make a CRE work but I can do area maps, go figure.)
Thing I am wondering about: On the light map there are about a million possible combinations, but is there an "Average" that the game uses for underground areas? The sewers, cult of the unseeing eye and the junk under the copper cornet for example are lit close to the same norm - is there any particular value that could be considered "Average" for the game areas above and below ground?
Also, is there any way to give an entire Area a background ambient?
I am making a sunken dungeon that is about half underwater and am trying to get the proper look to the thing. Color/lighting is driving me mad.
Last, Travel Regions. I got how to make those - but... In Icewind Dale (IWD II I think) there is a section where the party must aquire a rope and then "climb down a hole" - I have all my other travel regions linked right and working, but this one connnecting the two areas Crashes The Game whenever I have tried it.
(Please see pics, below - Image Reduced for forum) Any idea what I am doing wrong or what kind of scripting I need? I am trying to make it so they can only "Climb down" (or Up again, once there, if they have the rope and tie it in position. Otherwise they should get a floatover text saying that the rope there is to flimsy and they must find one.
Thanks and I will try not to be a pain.
Everything else is working well though now, so...
Minotaur In Maze







