Edwin's not talking after...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mila

mila
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:00 PM

Edwin is not talking at all after the foll dialog -
"My Mother is an extremely handsome woman, much admired....Meaning she is the Terror of Thay....Oh, I don't know, Eddie. I certainly don't know anybody like that, do I?"
Well I have finished most of the quests & he hasn't asked me about the nether scroll quest yet ... thus i believe the romance has stalled. Is there any ways to trigger his nether scroll quest... I do not have an earlier saved game... NOW WHAT?
The EdwinRomance global variable is set to 1 (checked in SK). sleeping in an inn numerous times, finishing quests - none of it is helping!
Can i salvage this game some how ... hate to start all over again.

#2 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 04:39 AM

Edwin is not talking at all after the foll dialog -
"My Mother is an extremely handsome woman, much admired....Meaning she is the Terror of Thay....Oh, I don't know, Eddie. I certainly don't know anybody like that, do I?"
    Well I have finished most of the quests & he hasn't asked me about the nether scroll quest yet ... thus i believe the romance has stalled. Is there any ways to trigger his nether scroll quest... I do not have an earlier saved game... NOW WHAT?
The EdwinRomance global variable is set to 1 (checked in SK). sleeping in an inn numerous times, finishing quests - none of it is helping!
      Can i salvage this game some how ... hate to start all over again.

View Post

Hm, try going into CLUA console and typing this:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("EdwinRomance", "GLOBAL", 1)

That should hopefully trigger the next dialogue, which is when Edwin will ask you to go fetch the Nether Scroll.

#3 mila

mila
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 08:42 AM

Hi Laufey,

The command mentioned by you apparently does not work in ANY of my games with him, Do you know why that is? Nice work! (love the writing) .... though i haven't been able to go beyond LT 4 yet. :(

#4 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 12:03 PM

Hi Laufey,

The command mentioned by you apparently does not work in ANY of my games with him, Do you know why that is?  Nice work! (love the writing) .... though i haven't been able to go beyond LT 4 yet.  :(

View Post

Hm, if you can't get it to work with CLUA, how about Shadowkeeper? I'm afraid I've never encountered this particular bug, but I can see how annoying it must be.