Several minor bugs found.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 -Today-

-Today-

Posted 28 January 2006 - 02:35 PM

Hello, Folks. While I am playing BGT + 6 big Modes (DNtotsc, BH, TDD, SOS, TS) with other small add-ons following the right installation order and everything so I'm sure my installation is very stable. I found several minor BGT bugs, and fixed it myself. I'm pretty sure those bugs I'm going to post here are definitely BGT bugs that are not listed in bugs report section yet because I checked again and fixed them with Infinity tools. And double posting about the same bugs are just wasting time.

First of all, there is a minor Minsc sound set unmatched bug. In BG2, or after transition to BG2, When Minsc is supposed to say "Sword, not word!" in his usual dialog, sound string of which is MINSC22, due to the small typo, he actually says "You point, I punch." or something, I don't remember exactly in this moment because I already fix it with DLTC Editor. The string reference is 4099 if it helps. Let me know if you need additional info to fix in installation process.

Secondly, all Imoen's Cre files in BG1 are messed up. If BGT uses BaldurDash as a requirement material, her thieving skills should be the same as hers in BG2. However, somehow, her thieving skills in BG1 are downvalued so players actually lose some of her advantages. I just fixed it with Near Infinity by putting new number after calculating all her thieving skill, which should 25 point per LV and 40 on making a character. I can post my files if you need, but I don't think it's necessary. Hopefully, you guys handle this becuase you all know much better than I do.

Coran.bcs has some weirdo codes. In certain point in the BG1, he just keep saying he has to go to kill other wyvern left again and again, which causes to slow the game environment. I just deleted the line in BCS file, and I guess it happens when a player has wyvern's head. I know no solution of this so I would like you to check this and add it on the next version.

Nadid.dlg is the next one. Nadid quest in which hafling mother want a player to pass her neckalace to her son, Euric, even though I'm not sure the names. Anyhow, she is supposed to give reward after the quest is done, but in some case, she does not do it. I check her dlg file and I found some of her lines just do not have the conditions. I fixed it by make all conditions the same so it works fine after.

After Sarevok is dead, the player has to pass through the thief guild again to go to Belt. At that point, the thief, who tells that sarevok runs away from a player when a player comes into the guild to chase him, just disapperar and show up again and disappear and show up and on and on and on forever. It's a just minor but a bit annoying. I could not find how to fix it.

The last one is odd. On the transition from BG1 to BG2, Imoen sometimes recieve her right dialog files and voices so she acts like she does in BG2. But sometimes, her dialogs and voices are the same as hers of BG1 so feels strange. I assume that the transition proceeds little bit too fast and it skip some process during the time because when I click "I" to open Item menu, the transition works fine and she has the right voices. So now, I just clicking "I" or other key many time during the transition to stop the process for a moment. I don't know why it is like this.

Those are a few bugs I found in BGT. And again, it is really nice works. Good Jobs :)
One more question, when do you think version 1.0 is avaliable? And I'm thinking to tranlate BGT Mode into my language for the people in BG community of my country. If somebody tells me what I need to know and do in order to make translate version, please let me know.

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:12 PM

First of all, there is a minor Minsc sound set unmatched bug. In BG2, or after transition to BG2, When Minsc is supposed to say "Sword, not word!" in his usual dialog, sound string of which is MINSC22, due to the small typo, he actually says "You point, I punch." or something, I don't remember exactly in this moment because I already fix it with DLTC Editor. The string reference is 4099 if it helps. Let me know if you need additional info to fix in installation process.

Well, Minsc's BG1 sound set is very similar to his BG2 one, so it might be that his sound set didn't change properly.

Secondly, all Imoen's Cre files in BG1 are messed up. If BGT uses BaldurDash as a requirement material, her thieving skills should be the same as hers in BG2. However, somehow, her thieving skills in BG1 are downvalued so players actually lose some of her advantages. I just fixed it with Near Infinity by putting new number after calculating all her thieving skill, which should 25 point per LV and 40 on making a character. I can post my files if you need, but I don't think it's necessary. Hopefully, you guys handle this becuase you all know much better than I do.

Well, BGT doesn't require Baldurdash at all. So, she starts with 40 points total at level 1 then gains 25 points each level?

Coran.bcs has some weirdo codes. In certain point in the BG1, he just keep saying he has to go to kill other wyvern left again and again, which causes to slow the game environment. I just deleted the line in BCS file, and I guess it happens when a player has wyvern's head. I know no solution of this so I would like you to check this and add it on the next version.

Can you post here the block that you deleted? This could be a compatibility issue.

Nadid.dlg is the next one. Nadid quest in which hafling mother want a player to pass her neckalace to her son, Euric, even though I'm not sure the names. Anyhow, she is supposed to give reward after the quest is done, but in some case, she does not do it. I check her dlg file and I found some of her lines just do not have the conditions. I fixed it by make all conditions the same so it works fine after.

The only case was if she gave the quest to a NEUTRAL_LOWER or higher reaction PC, then you made a HOSTILE_* PC talk to her when you found Euric. I've now allowed the quest to be complete this way. Thanks.

After Sarevok is dead, the player has to pass through the thief guild again to go to Belt. At that point, the thief, who tells that sarevok runs away from a player when a player comes into the guild to chase him, just disapperar and show up again and disappear and show up and on and on and on forever. It's a just minor but a bit annoying. I could not find how to fix it.

King Diamond already pointed this out.

The last one is odd. On the transition from BG1 to BG2, Imoen sometimes recieve her right dialog files and voices so she acts like she does in BG2. But sometimes, her dialogs and voices are the same as hers of BG1 so feels strange. I assume that the transition proceeds little bit too fast and it skip some process during the time because when I click "I" to open Item menu, the transition works fine and she has the right voices. So now, I just clicking "I" or other key many time during the transition to stop the process for a moment. I don't know why it is like this.

Me neither, but I did notice this problem in earlier versions. I know that Minsc's sound set doesn't always change before you go and talk to him, but it ends up being alright after he breaks his bars.

One more question, when do you think version 1.0 is avaliable?

I'm waiting on lots of translations!

And I'm thinking to tranlate BGT Mode into my language for the people in BG community of my country. If somebody tells me what I need to know and do in order to make translate version, please let me know.

What language would that be? Also, would you like to register so we can talk more about this by PM?

Edited by Ascension64, 28 January 2006 - 05:20 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 January 2006 - 06:26 PM

Edited by Ascension64 @29 January 2006, 1:44 PM AEST: fixed quotes

Well, Minsc's BG1 sound set is very similar to his BG2 one, so it might be that his sound set didn't change properly.

As I told you, it is because of a typo. I don't remember exactly what a typo was, but the spelling of the sound file name should be MINSC22 or something like that. The typo was BGMISC22 or something which indicate BG1 sound set actually. That's why it happens.

Well, BGT doesn't require Baldurdash at all. So, she starts with 40 points total at level 1 then gains 25 points each level?

Exactly, but without Baldurdash, Imoen in BG2 has less thieving skill by 25 point that she should have. For me Baldursdash is a sort of requirements so it does not matter.

Can you post here the block that you deleted? This could be a compatibility issue.

I'm sorry to say this, but I don't have the Ex-BCS file because I've already deleted. I'm pretty sure it comes from coran wyvern quest of BG1NPC mode. But I do remember what coran keep saying, that is, "Can't stick around to talk, I have some wyverns to kill." Other clue that might help is following:

IF
InParty(Myself)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
Global("CoranReward","GLOBAL",1)
PartyHasItem("MISC52") // Wyvern Head
Global("COPC1","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("coran99")
SetGlobal("COPC1","GLOBAL",1)
RealSetGlobalTimer("CWyvernTalkTime","GLOBAL",1)
StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

I believe I delete the block after StartDialogueNoSet(Player1), but I'm uncertain. I hope it helps.

Me neither, but I did notice this problem in earlier versions. I know that Minsc's sound set doesn't always change before you go and talk to him, but it ends up being alright after he breaks his bars.

Is he supossed to start two or three dialogs immidiately after he gets out of his bars? Because my minsc always does that whether I start the game from BG1 or from BG2. I think it is usual, but just want to make sure.

One more question, when do you think version 1.0 is avaliable?

I'm waiting on lots of translations!

That's is nice to hear!

What language would that be? Also, would you like to register so we can talk more about this by PM?

My mother tongue is Korean, and there are a lot of Korean BG fans over there. I can speak Japanese too, but my reading and writing in Japanese is not as good as my english. So I will skip it. Also, I don't think Japanese are big fans of BG series. By the way, I would like to register as you said, and want to talk more. Do you have chatting rooms or stuff? or you just meant to have conversation over the board. either way would be fine for me.

Edited by Ascension64, 28 January 2006 - 06:45 PM.

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:08 PM

As I told you, it is because of a typo. I don't remember exactly what a typo was, but the spelling of the sound file name should be MINSC22 or something like that. The typo was BGMISC22 or something which indicate BG1 sound set actually. That's why it happens.

I see, this should be fixed now. Thanks.

Exactly, but without Baldurdash, Imoen in BG2 has less thieving skill by 25 point that she should have. For me Baldursdash is a sort of requirements so it does not matter.

Well, it seems that the SoA thieving skills for Imoen are wrong as well, which is probably fixed by Baldurdash for SoA.

I'm sorry to say this, but I don't have the Ex-BCS file because I've already deleted. I'm pretty sure it comes from coran wyvern quest of BG1NPC mode. But I do remember what coran keep saying, that is, "Can't stick around to talk, I have some wyverns to kill." Other clue that might help is following:

Looks like an incompatibility between BG1NPC and BGT-WeiDU. I'll remove the offending block. Thanks.

Is he supossed to start two or three dialogs immidiately after he gets out of his bars? Because my minsc always does that whether I start the game from BG1 or from BG2. I think it is usual, but just want to make sure.

In BG1, he shouldn't say anything (maybe BG1NPC changes this). In SoA, Minsc should only say what he normally does in SoA.

My mother tongue is Korean, and there are a lot of Korean BG fans over there. I can speak Japanese too, but my reading and writing in Japanese is not as good as my english. So I will skip it. Also, I don't think Japanese are big fans of BG series. By the way, I would like to register as you said, and want to talk more. Do you have chatting rooms or stuff? or you just meant to have conversation over the board. either way would be fine for me.

When you register, I'll private message the details for translation to you.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 web2air

web2air
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:19 PM

I registered so you can send me a message. Thank you for the information.

#6 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:42 PM

I'm reviving this topic because I cannot find the following script block. after installing all BG1NPC-BGT components, in CORAN.BCS. The sound coran99.wav definitely comes from BG1NPC Music Pack, but I can't locate the script block, and the music pack doesn't add script, just music. Can Kulyok, or anyone on the BG1NPC team, confirm/deny the presence of such a script block in ANY version of BG1NPC?

IF
InParty(Myself)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
PartyHasItem("MISC52") // Wyvern Head
THEN
RESPONSE #100
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("coran99")
END

--------------
Retired Modder

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 04:12 PM

I see this block in the P#COFLIRT.BAF:

IF
InParty(Myself)
CombatCounter(0) !See([ENEMY])
RealGlobalTimerExpired("X#CoranFlirtLateTime","GLOBAL")
Global("CoranMatch","GLOBAL",1)
!Global("CoranRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)
!Global("CoranDisableFlirts","GLOBAL",1)
Global("X#CoranFlirtLate","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("coranf")
RealSetGlobalTimer("X#CoranFlirtLateTime","GLOBAL",1)
IncrementGlobal("X#CoranFlirtLate","GLOBAL",1)
END

Actually there are several blocks in this script that call thoses files.

There are blocks in P#CORAND.BAF that call Sound("corang"), ("coranf"), and ("corann"). P#COROM.BAF calls "b", "f", "g", and "n".

Here is your culprit in X#CORAN.BAF:

//CoranReturnsBabyNotInRomance

IF 
OR(2)
Global("CoranRomanceMatch","GLOBAL",0)
Global("CoranRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)
Global("CoranHasBaby","GLOBAL",1)
OR(2)
GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",6)
GlobalTimerExpired("ReturnNamara","GLOBAL")
OR(12)	  //checking for island areas and Durlag
!AreaCheck("ARU008")  //Island
!AreaCheck("ARW000")  //Werewolf Island, S
!AreaCheck("ARW500")  //Werewolf Island, N
!AreaCheck("AR7223")  //UnderCity
!AreaCheck("ARD501")  //Durlag's Castle
!AreaCheck("ARD502")
!AreaCheck("ARD503")
!AreaCheck("ARD504")
!AreaCheck("ARD511")
!AreaCheck("ARD512")
!AreaCheck("ARD513")
!AreaCheck("ARD514")
Global("CNRBabeBack","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("coran99")
SetGlobal("CNRBabeBack","GLOBAL",1)
END

The sound file coran99 only exists if you include the music add-on to the BG1NPC mod. I would have thought that the script just ignores the command if it can't find the sound file.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 15 February 2006 - 04:13 PM.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#8 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:00 PM

Nothing that refers to a Wyvern though? That's the important part.

--------------
Retired Modder

#9 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:04 PM

Well yeah, silly guy, it was further down in the script. Should be the same sort of problem though.

//Chat w PC
IF
InParty(Myself) CombatCounter(0) !See([ENEMY])
PartyHasItem("MISC52") //wyvern head
THEN
RESPONSE #100
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("coran99")
END

Classic Adventures

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:20 PM

So it is in X#CORAN.BAF?

--------------
Retired Modder

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:02 PM

Yes, close to the bottom of the script.

Classic Adventures