• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:40 PM

I just went through the install again last night and got everything in and working well it seems. I updated my install instructions (with several tips from X-Calibar. Many Thanks!! :cheers: ) and hope it helps some people out. Attached are the instruction, and my current WeiDU log file. Let me know if there are any glaring errors anybody catches.

*EDIT* I've updated the link to Horred's "XVARTS for BP" download in the install instruction. Thanks Day!

*EDIT* I added in the code I shamelessly "borrowed" and modified from someone, :Bow: . All one needs to do is take one of the smaller batch files, save it to a working location, then right click on it and "edit" to open it, then delete everything that is in it and copy and paste the appropriate code from the attached word doc into it, and then "save as" whatever you want to call it.

Whatever you do, pay attention to steps 89 and 90 in the older install instructions. There are .tis files that still have to remain in your override directory for BPv176 to run!!

*EDIT 3* Once the new Worldmap v6 comes out, I'll revamp my installation procedure with all the new stuff and repost it. I'm looking forward to see how RoT works into it,,, :woot:

Edited by erebusant, 25 August 2006 - 07:18 AM.

It takes a village...

#2 -Day-

-Day-

Posted 13 May 2006 - 01:20 AM

The instruction clarifies many problems I had, thanks! I was still wondering where could I download the XVART.zip? And how crucial is it to install the games into their default folders?

#3 -Day-

-Day-

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:33 AM

There seems to be few other questions too. You told me in the other topic the following:

The NEJ2Biffer tisunpack.exe overwrite IS the right thing to do.

And in this you instruction you say:

Click ?no? on the prompt of over-write tisunpack.exe

So which one is the right thing to do? And could you please give detailed explanation of the step 11?

11. Run the NEJ2v42B application, then click ?accept?, and then ?install? to your C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII ? SoA directory. This will extract the NEJ2 files, and prepare you for the NEJ2 portion of the installation. Click ?no? on the prompt of over-write tisunpack.exe. At the end of the file extraction, the Setup-NEJ2.exe file will attempt to run and it, and the Setup-NEJ2Biffer.exe will be compared to the WeiDU version of Setup-XVART.exe and then be automatically updated to WeiDU version 192.

This step seems to be different from the X-Calibar's version so I have to be sure how this goes.

Thanks again

#4 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:55 AM

There seems to be few other questions too. You told me in the other topic the following:

The NEJ2Biffer tisunpack.exe overwrite IS the right thing to do.

And in this you instruction you say:

Click ?no? on the prompt of over-write tisunpack.exe

So which one is the right thing to do? And could you please give detailed explanation of the step 11?

11. Run the NEJ2v42B application, then click ?accept?, and then ?install? to your C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII ? SoA directory. This will extract the NEJ2 files, and prepare you for the NEJ2 portion of the installation. Click ?no? on the prompt of over-write tisunpack.exe. At the end of the file extraction, the Setup-NEJ2.exe file will attempt to run and it, and the Setup-NEJ2Biffer.exe will be compared to the WeiDU version of Setup-XVART.exe and then be automatically updated to WeiDU version 192.

This step seems to be different from the X-Calibar's version so I have to be sure how this goes.

Thanks again

Let me clarify the tisunpack bit. IF you run the NEJ2v42b extraction BEFORE extracting the NEJ2Biffer you DO want to overwrite the tisunpack.exe. IF you extract the NEJ2Biffer BEFORE extracting the main NEJ2v42b files is when you DON'T want to overwrite the tisunpack.

The link to Horred's XVARTS BP restoration is as follows:
http://www.shsforums...pe=post&id=3427

I thought I had patched it into the instruction, but I guess I missed it. I'll update it. I use it as a handy updater to WeiDU v192 for the Setup.exe's (as well as the much better Xvart Battling! :woot: ) Not having Horred's XVARTS isn't an install breaker however. It's just everything remains as WeiDU v191 instead.

Edited by erebusant, 13 May 2006 - 07:57 AM.

It takes a village...

#5 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 01:54 PM

So Ctb and NeJ2 are compatible in this setup order?

Thnx :)

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 May 2006 - 01:10 AM

My install seemed to go fine when I used these instructions, thank you erebusant! However, there are still few things I have to ask.

When installing BGT, I saw few times some warning messages concerning some bmp and mos files. The installation carried out pretty fast so I didn't get very good look at it. Does someone know if this was supposed to happen?

One more question about the installation order. I installed these bg1 mods: DSotSC/NTotSC/SOBH/BGNPC1. Now, I also installed the BGTtweak. The question is, should I run the biffer file of the NTotSC before or after the BGTtweak?

#7 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 04:41 AM

No it shouldn`t. Did you have your BG disc in your drive? If so you will probeably get CTDs when trying to get to some areas.
I don`t know about biffer - i don`t use them beacuse sometimes they are the reason for some errors :)

#8 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 07:09 AM

No it shouldn`t. Did you have your BG disc in your drive? If so you will probeably get CTDs when trying to get to some areas.
I don`t know about biffer - i don`t use them beacuse sometimes they are the reason for some errors :)

According to the BGT100 Readme file, the warnings about not being able to "handle" and not being able to "delete the source area" on some of the mos and the _HT, _LM, _SR.bmp files. There is nothing wrong. It is the tileset convertor trying to rename and delete files that do not exist.

Good Luck :)

It takes a village...

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 May 2006 - 07:11 AM

No, I had completely unrelated cd in my drive and no virtual drives. I wonder what went wrong then, cause everything else worked out completely and I even tested it to the friendly arms inn. So biffing shouldn't be done then. What is the difference between the biffed and non-biffed versions?

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 May 2006 - 07:13 AM

Thanks erebusant! I thought something like that too. But could someone please clarify me how the biffing should be done and should it be done at all?

#11 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 07:16 AM

My install seemed to go fine when I used these instructions, thank you erebusant! However, there are still few things I have to ask.

When installing BGT, I saw few times some warning messages concerning some bmp and mos files. The installation carried out pretty fast so I didn't get very good look at it. Does someone know if this was supposed to happen?

One more question about the installation order. I installed these bg1 mods: DSotSC/NTotSC/SOBH/BGNPC1. Now, I also installed the BGTtweak. The question is, should I run the biffer file of the NTotSC before or after the BGTtweak?

I installed all of the BG1 mods 1st, and then ran the NTotSC biffer. Then I cut and pasted the code and made up a seperate Bonehill biffer to finish cleaning up my override directory before installing my smaller mods, and then another PreBPOverride biffer to run just before installing BP v176. I'll attach the code in a text file in the link up above.

It takes a village...

#12 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 11:12 AM

I installed all of the BG1 mods 1st, and then ran the NTotSC biffer. Then I cut and pasted the code and made up a seperate Bonehill biffer to finish cleaning up my override directory before installing my smaller mods, and then another PreBPOverride biffer to run just before installing BP v176. I'll attach the code in a text file in the link up above.

I've got to admit that i am still quit a noob, but do i have to do all this biffer stuff? I think i can handle your very good installation instruction, but all this editing and biffer stuff makes me shiver :(

#13 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:09 AM

So Ctb and NeJ2 are compatible in this setup order?

Thnx :)

I notice that this question wasn't answered.

As far as I've read, NEJ and CtB are still incompatible. Anyone know differently? erebusant, your setup running fine with both installed? (Have you reached the BG2 portion yet?)

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#14 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:38 AM

They PROBEABLY are incompatibile only in some cratures animations as far as i know.

#15 raoul82

raoul82
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 03:29 AM

They PROBEABLY are incompatibile only in some cratures animations as far as i know.

It's a small issue, but Jaheira priest of Sylvanus kit gets the innate abilty "Enchant halberd" instead of the correct "Sylvanus phisical agility" if CTB and NEJ are installed together

#16 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:18 AM

It's a small issue, but Jaheira priest of Sylvanus kit gets the innate abilty "Enchant halberd" instead of the correct "Sylvanus phisical agility" if CTB and NEJ are installed together

That's interesting. My "Priest of Sylvanus" Jaheira has the correct "Sylvanus Physical Agility" as an innate ability.

As far as my understanding is re: compatibility of CtB and NEJ2, I believe Horred played through the entire game as per his posts on the NEJ forum at Blackwyrmlair with little to no compatibility issues. He would be the one to expand upon that however, as I've yet to reach BGII portion of the game. I'm currently just finishing up "Bonehill" at this time. I'll let you know how things go as I complete more.

It takes a village...

#17 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 12:18 PM

^ Yo, could you attach your WeiDU.log to the first post? That way, we'll know that your i

EDIT: Ooops, belay that order. I see you already have the file there.

Edited by Azazello, 24 May 2007 - 08:18 AM.

#18 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:40 PM

I've got to admit that i am still quit a noob, but do i have to do all this biffer stuff? I think i can handle your very good installation instruction, but all this editing and biffer stuff makes me shiver :(

After the new Worldmap v6 comes out, I'll revamp the instructions with all the updated versions. The biffing issue has pretty much been taken care of with the latest versions of DS and NTotSC, and I came across Horred's post in the Bonehill forum that has the code he wrote for biffing up Bonehill that is absolutely awesome!! Here's hoping for the new map soon :Bow:

It takes a village...

#19 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:14 AM

erebusant, I made a "MegaInstall" batch file {see my signature}, that automatically installs (nearly) all mods in my monster build. This came in handy for the several times I had to start afresh and re-install. My guess is that a lot of old-pros on this site already use something similar.

I added some comments to it, as it is heavily customized to my preferences. Feel free to try it out - with your personal changes, of course.

For n00bies - and batch file n00bies - I recommend that you stay away from this file. It is highly dangerous to the unwary. :lol:

Edited by Azazello, 24 May 2007 - 08:14 AM.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#20 Lady Akhila

Lady Akhila
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:58 AM

For anyone having trouble finding BHDSNTpatch4BGT.rar as in the Mega-Install Instructions it can be found here: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=19861

Sorry I almost forgot to thank Sir BillyBob for posting it!

Edited by Lady Akhila, 02 June 2006 - 06:59 AM.