• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:32 PM

I completed the dreaded battle with Melanthium! Though Ao trembled, my party prevailed against Melanthium--on Insane! ohmy.gif

I noticed that Melanthium did not use the interesting spells that the mod introduces, so I modified his scripts to use many (but not all) of them.

Each script is also a bit re-organized but I tried to maintain as much as possible from the original. As such, these are not 'Smarter' scripts but a bit tougher; the versions for psEasy, psNormal and psCore are probably easier than the original--but this can be remedied very easily! :devil:

Spoiler
  • All scripts uses at least some of the PSM spells.
  • psInsane maintains all the original scripting. Totally insane!
  • psHard, psEasy, psNormal and psCore reduces casting of most spells to just (1).
  • psEasy, psNormal and psCore have further reductions and have slightly different spell usage than higher scripts but nothing far-off.
Frequently-Asked-Questions

Any requirements?
Planar Sphere (Quest) Mod, version 2.5 or 2.6 (perhaps earlier)

How to use?
The scripts can be installed with the rest of the mod: just dump them into the \BAF\ folder of PSM before installing the mod.

The scripts can also be used in an existing game: use a game editor to replace the contents of psEasy.BCS, etc.

Next, you need to adjust the Difficulty setting of the game. You could use BGConfig.exe, but I recommend the bigg Tweak Pack, component Improved Difficulty System, as this allows changing the Difficulty within the game--as often as you like.

Are your scripts better than the original?
No.

Attached File  psInsane.baf   19.88K   555 downloads
Attached File  psHard.baf   19.39K   570 downloads
Attached File  psCore.baf   20.34K   502 downloads
Attached File  psNormal.baf   20.6K   556 downloads
Attached File  psEasy.baf   21.28K   537 downloads

Edited by Azazello, 29 August 2021 - 01:18 AM.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:01 PM

Thanks. :cheers:

Just to make sure, in order to fully experience insane mode, one should uncomment the 'SORCERY' and the level 6 & 7 'SUMMONINGS' blocks ??

Or did you comment them out because they were bugged?

#3 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:19 PM

Thanks. :cheers:

Just to make sure, in order to fully experience insane mode, one should uncomment the 'SORCERY' and the level 6 & 7 'SUMMONINGS' blocks ??

Or did you comment them out because they were bugged?

No changes needed: 'SORCERY' is a reward you get for defeating Melly!!, and the summonings already happen elsewhere within the script.