Photo

Help with NEJ2v67 installation with Big Picture

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Riley

Riley
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:01 AM

I tried the installation process at http://www.shsforums...showtopic=18294 but NEJv42 and it's patch don't exist anymore. So I tried it with NEJ2v67, but I couldn't remove the request files because they apparently weren't there. I had some error installing this one and none with the rest and when I started playing Baldur's Gate, the music and voice overs didn't work.

The only reason I'm installing NEJ is because I want Imoen to be a rogue.
If there is any possible way to installing Charming Rogue separately, I would rather do that? Otherwise does anyone know how to install the new version of NEJ or know where I could find the previous version, NEJv42 and its patch listed on the website above, so I can just follow the instructions step by step?

Also, I don't want to install BGT just stuff for BG2 and TOB. I don't know if that makes a difference or not but I thought I'd mention it.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Edited by Riley, 19 September 2006 - 09:03 AM.

#2 Riley

Riley
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:24 AM

I can't find NEJv42 and its patch anywhere. All I can find is NEJ2v67 and it doesn't work with the installation on http://www.shsforums...showtopic=18294 .

Any help is welcome. Thanks

#3 Riley

Riley
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:46 AM

I tried the installation process at http://www.shsforums...showtopic=18294 but NEJv42 and it's patch don't exist anymore. So I tried it with NEJ2v67, but I couldn't remove the request files because they apparently weren't there. I had some error installing this one and none with the rest and when I started playing Baldur's Gate, the music and voice overs didn't work.

The only reason I'm installing NEJ is because I want Imoen to be a rogue.
If there is any possible way to installing Charming Rogue separately, I would rather do that? Otherwise does anyone know how to install the new version of NEJ or know where I could find the previous version, NEJv42 and its patch listed on the website above, so I can just follow the instructions step by step?

Also, I don't want to install BGT just stuff for BG2 and TOB. I don't know if that makes a difference or not but I thought I'd mention it.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:23 AM

I can't find NEJv42 and its patch anywhere. All I can find is NEJ2v67 and it doesn't work with the installation on http://www.shsforums...showtopic=18294 .

http://dragonshoard....t/download/nej/

:)

#5 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:33 AM

NEJ2v67 requires BGT. Please use the earlier version of NeJ.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#6 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:21 AM

nevermind

ronin

Edited by ronin69hof, 19 September 2006 - 11:22 AM.

#7 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:23 AM

You should be able to install only Imoen kit without the NEJ stuff, so you won't need the biffer.

Edited by Anomaly, 25 September 2006 - 02:09 AM.

French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#8 Riley

Riley
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:54 PM

Thanks....I hope this works now.

#9 Riley

Riley
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:54 PM

I'll that thanks.

#10 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:12 AM

NEJ2 v6.7 is currently not compatible with BP - it will break yr install, so dont even try. and no: you can't have Immy as a Charming rogue without NEJ2, and yes: the earlier versions of NEJ2, including NEJ2 v4.2 have been removed from the iegmc mirrors (and i haven't updated the links in the install sticky yet). however, i see from the other posts on this forum that spamming yr inquiry has got you an answer, so hopefully yr next install will work successully.

Edited by seanas, 20 September 2006 - 01:13 AM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#11 Elrona

Elrona
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 03:29 AM

and no: you can't have Immy as a Charming rogue without NEJ2

Sorry for the offtopic but in melkor_morgoth75's thread I've read this:

I DON'T HAVE anymore issues related to that with this very installation:
- Charming Rogue kit for Imoen (just the kit from NEJ2)
- Priest of Silvanus Kit for Jaheira (just the kit from NE2)

So... Is it possible to install only Charming Rogue kit from NEJ2? I don't want to install all mega-mods at once, imho it's too buggy and unstable construction, but I would like to have a Charming Rogue kit. Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by Elrona, 22 September 2006 - 03:30 AM.

#12 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:15 AM

at the risk of repeating myself: you can't have Imoen as a Charming Rogue without installing NEJ2.

melkor was referring, as i understand it, to problems he had previously been having with the kits: the post that you quoted was saying that now he no longer had problems with either of NEJ2's kits. he certainly wasn't saying he was using the kits without NEJ2.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#13 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 01:14 PM

I wish Vlad would package Charming Rogue Imoen and Boo in they're own install.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#14 Elrona

Elrona
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:15 AM

at the risk of repeating myself: you can't have Imoen as a Charming Rogue without installing NEJ2.

melkor was referring, as i understand it, to problems he had previously been having with the kits: the post that you quoted was saying that now he no longer had problems with either of NEJ2's kits. he certainly wasn't saying he was using the kits without NEJ2.

seanas, thanks for clarifying it for me. I should have read that thread more carefully, sorry. :)

#15 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:36 AM

Seanas ... just to let you know that I'M USING charming rogue kit WITHOUT having NEJ installed (i'm still using the kit from 42b version) ;) Just read my signature for the installation i'm playing, anyway i've written the very installation i'm using in the thread mentioned here ;)
But for clarity ... i was referring to that post to PROBLEMS i had (now i don't have anymore) with ANIMATIONS (shadows & wraiths) ... never had problems with imoen kit ...

When i reach spellhold part of the game i let you if i have some problems .... so far not ;)

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 25 September 2006 - 12:45 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#16 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:45 AM

Just for your info, ppl.
Charming Rogue kit replaces several original innates (that used by some SoA/ToB monsters/chars) with kit's innates spoiling some game encounters/cutscenes. Just be aware of that...

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
----------------------------------------------
BP Animations Scheme

#17 margrave

margrave
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 03:05 PM

I just downloaded Vlad's mini mod with NEJ2 content for Imoen, Jaheira, and Boo. Do you know if these will cause the same problems with BP-BGT that NEJ2 as a whole was?

#18 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 03:49 PM

Just for your info, ppl.
Charming Rogue kit replaces several original innates (that used by some SoA/ToB monsters/chars) with kit's innates spoiling some game encounters/cutscenes. Just be aware of that...

KD, are you sure? Looking at NEJ v6.8, I can't find any new innate SPLs which would replace existing ones (in unmodded game at least).

#19 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:42 PM

margrave,

I think it should work ok, I still have the older NeJ installed and have not needed to use Vlad's new mod yet.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev