Photo

Hanging scene and strange game freeze

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 01:46 PM

Just got to Spirit Soaring and Cadderly goes to the summoning chamber on second floor. Then everyone sits around waiting, the scene just hangs (no sidebars, can't control characters, etc.). I can alt-esc out of game, but scene won't continue.

Also I've been having a strange problem where the game will just freeze. It's happened in various areas and for seemingly no reason. Sometimes I've opened a chest, or am just walking, or an enemy casts a spell, etc. The game just stops. Not a CTD but a freeze like I'm looking at a screenshot. Nothing works, and I have to reboot computer and it runs scan-disc everytime. It is almost certain to happen at least once a day, usually after a few hours of playing.

I'm not sure if it is hardware/computer related but it only happens when playing BG2 (with BP and mods). Pretty sure it didn't happen on my last install. Has anyone else had this random lock up? I read in another post of someone having strange/random/inexplicable crashes with ROT but it was a while ago.

Edited by maximus2001, 22 September 2006 - 01:47 PM.

#2 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:30 PM

Well I looked at it in NearInfinity but can't seem to cut and paste the contents into post. The area is RR3701, and I looked at the script RR3701.bcs but don't know what to delete without messing up game. Can it be safely removed?

Attached Files

#3 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:35 PM

Well for now I just skipped that part, but it's part of the main quest so I'll probably clua back later if there is a fix. Maybe King Diamond or Erebusant could take a look at script or clua to Brynlaw and check it out?

Spoiler:

Brother Martin in Brynlaw AR1600, x707/y767 will bring you to Spirit Soaring. Go inside and talk to Cad, rest a day and come back. After he has his speech he'll transport party to basement where the scene just hangs. I think Cad is supposed to summon an imp or something...

P.S. I can see the script in NI, but when I post it here it shows up as numbers instead of "start cutscene blah, blah, then set global blah, blah, if/then blah. Hopefully someone has it installed and can double check it. I see it sets some globals so I guess deleting it is not a good idea.

#4 --johnbo--

--johnbo--

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:32 AM

The same thing is happening to me.

Sorry I posted my complaint in a new post - missed this topic whilst going through it. Does anyone have a fix for this Cadderly freeze.

#5 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:58 AM

maximus2001, go to your profile and check the settings for editing posts. Might be an issue there.

I just got to Cadderly so I haven't experienced the hanging scene - yet. I will look thru the connected scripts to see if anything looks funky. Other people have gotten thru this part, so I wonder what their secret was.

Just took a quick look at some of the variables. Gilgamesh loved to *not* increment his globals one-by-one. Oh well...

Oh nooo, not another dr....! What is with G and his "dr.... fetish"?! Thankfully this is Chapter 5; got suckered into a d-fight in Chapter 2. NOT funny!

Edited by Azazello, 09 October 2006 - 06:59 AM.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#6 Hundy

Hundy
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:11 AM

Hi, I am having the same problem. Everybody just seems to stand there and do nothing. I let the scene stand for over an hour real time and still the same thing. Hopefully someone can find the answer for us and let us know.

#7 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:35 AM

Oops sorry, that was fixed a while ago. Begins - here.