• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 04:14 PM

For those of you who missed the subtitle, this thread will have spoilers. You have been warned.

Was and still am having a good time in IWD2, er, Bremen. But now have no idea where to go or what to do next. Plus, think may have hosed some of the subquest triggers.

Any help will be appreciated.

I'm not looking to go back to missed stuff unless it's critical to the main quest(s). For example, if the Dragon Sanctuary is not really that important, willing to skip it and will play it another go-round.

Here's what I done so far, not necessarily in good order.

Got to Bremen, talked to everyone. I think.

The mayor asked me to try and cheer up the folks. I did that but when I later spoke to him (days later), he says something like 'At least you tried your best,' meaning either I didn't choose the best dialog options or maybe I didn't speak to everyone in town. I did get some experience for this. The mayor has nothing else to say to me, just some standard dialog sentence.

Related to the mayor, in [this thread] it says that an assistant will kick start the Matthew Wyndon subquest. But the asstnt's not in the mayor's office, I think. Is s/he somewhere else?

I did all of the hermit subquests, got the "hint" (not much of) to open the locked door. I got the sword Torment. Is this a plot device, or just loot?

That same thread reports that someone in the tavern is supposed to kick start the Sanctuary of the Dragons subquest, but I get no dialog responses relating to that from any of the patrons. Maybe I haven't spoken to the right person yet?

Kicked ass down in the Ice Dungeon(?). After of course Power Word:Reload a few times fighting the demi-lich. Which I learned - after the fight - that I could have avoided.

Anyway, there's a room on the first level of Ice Dungeon, where Wulfgar's wife was resurrected, with three doors. I can't open them. I have completely cleared 1st & 2nd level, but I may not have talked to everyone. What's the next step?

On the second level, there's a column of flame. Is there some significance to it?

Might have some more questions later.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#2 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:57 AM

1. The quest with the mayor and the depressed people
- This is just supposed to be 'something different'. The people in the town are depressed because their lives have been a bit rough lately so the mayor asks you to cheer them up. Just talk to everyone and try to choose the best dialog option and see if you can change the overall mood in the town.

2. Matthew Wyndon subquest
- An assistant should be found from the mayor's house (you may have to complete the main story part in IWD before he appears, I canīt remember - or he is there from the beginning). Talk to him and he asks to investigate Matthew Wyndon's activities. Enter his house at 0.00 (midinight) and a dialog box should open and give you options. Go through the portal and you get a chance to join an evil cult or kill everyone. If you join the cult you will be summoned there later to perform rituals and become a true member. <--- This didnīt work in my walkthrough for some reason but the feature is in the game.

3. The hermit
- The sword you get with hermit's hint means nothing, just loot.

4. The Dragon Sanctuary
- Go to the inn and speak to Martwyn. He babbles insanities. Then go outside the village and explore the road leading east. Try to advance. Return back to the inn and speak with Martwyn. He'll give you advice on how you can proceed.
This quest in mainly meant for getting some nice loot and experiencing different and challenging fights.

5. Wufgar's wife
- (Copied from another thread)
1. Go into the area and start the quest.
Two alternatives:
2.a. Find a ghost and speak with him. Go to the main door and kill the guardians. The ghost comes and opens the door.
2.b. Kill the guardians and find the ghost. Heīll open the door.
The ghost can be found pretty much from the centre of the area, guarded by several traps.
3. You get in and you have two alternatives.
4.a. Go speak with a ghost guarding a door on the floor. Heīll give you different coloured stones and clues in which beds you must put them in order to get to the next level. Itīs a sort of an intelligence test for the player.
4.b. Thereīs a statue in one room. Thereīs a text, something like "Go stand in the circle". Put a character there for about 15 seconds and you are attacked. Kill the attacker and you get a key to another door to the next level.
5. The final level, two alternatives.
6.a. Go to the centre of the area and summon a Demi-Lich. It has the key youīll need.
6.b. Collect rocks and clues where to put them from different places of the area. Clues are on pieces of papers you can find in containers.
7. Once you get the key enter the locked room. Make sure Wulfgar is alive. Kill the enemies and proceed as instruced after.
8. (There's a device in the building which can be used to revive Wufgar's wife)
9. Wulfgar goes back to Bremen with his wife.
10. Return there and talk to Wulfgar to get him join your party again.

Edited by Gilgamesh, 19 April 2007 - 04:01 AM.

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:56 PM

I can't get the supplies for the hermit subquest. I tried beer and that didn't work. Hell that's what I would want if I was a hermit. I have completed all of the IWD quests including the missing hunters for Quentin, Laromine's quest, the mayor, the Dragon Temple (Holy s@#*!), Drizzt's swords, Wulfie's wife, and joined the cult. I got summoned there once so far. Can I use the summon stone even in Amn? I gave some beer to the Dwarf in the tavern(pretty funny). Also, not sure what or where Alissa's quest is. She has a mysterious aura about her that I may not end up caring about. Besides the awesome combat there is some really cool music, too!. Thanks Gilgamesh!
Hop
edit:Found the supplies. Had to talk to Quentin one final time. Sheeesh!

Edited by Hoppy, 19 August 2007 - 06:31 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant